Closed Create a video-game cover contest

• Thread starter 3823
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your drawings are pretty neat, the white haired boy reminds me of an anime character whose name I forgot (half Ghoul half human? Tokyo Ghoul I believe). Also the stuff with the dreams, did you read my video game back cover? It states "Sometimes the closest thing to reality is a dream" so it seems like we were thinking in the same direction. ;)
Oh! Kaneki from tokyo ghoul! hehe now that you mention it... xD
Yep! I read it and I was thinking the exact same thing. :3 Ours are similar in that sense, but really different at the same time :cat:
reading your diary snippet was really interesting by the way!^^ It's a really emotive piece of writing--especially the last few sentences ;-;

Oh! Kaneki from tokyo ghoul! hehe now that you mention it... xD
Yep! I read it and I was thinking the exact same thing. :3 Ours are similar in that sense, but really different at the same time :cat:
reading your diary snippet was really interesting by the way!^^ It's a really emotive piece of writing--especially the last few sentences ;-;
Thank you! :3 I actually write a lot of short stories. I just really like created worlds and people I suppose. Most don't make it but I posted a few in the blog section. Our games are kind of siblings. :p (Or clones, but which one is evil and making trouble?)

i cant wait to see who wins !

@PersonSP your game look great but i dunno what is writen in the paper DX i really cant read hand writing

Thank you! :3 I actually write a lot of short stories. I just really like created worlds and people I suppose. Most don't make it but I posted a few in the blog section. Our games are kind of siblings. :p (Or clones, but which one is evil and making trouble?)
So do I! But I've had writer's block for months now xP
xD Let's stick with siblings haha :p

So do I! But I've had writer's block for months now xP
xD Let's stick with siblings haha :p
If you have a writers block try to write down any sentence/word combination that comes to mind. Keep a list, then try to [piece a story together from those sentences. It might not be the greatest story but (at least for me) every story after the first is easier to write. ;)
@PersonSP your game look great but i dunno what is writen in the paper DX i really cant read hand writing

Thanks! Here's the story typed out:

The gates are not steady anymore, so much is clear. How many times do I have to relive this day? I wish I could fix my watch, but since the watchmaker is two days away... Note to self: If I ever get out of here I'll buy another one. Why did I travel with only one watch? Note to whoever might read this: Don't travel with only one watch. Never.

My diary is wasting away and with it my memories disappear. Soon I'll be no one. I am scared. Every time I open the booklet at the end of the day the ink has faded into nothingness and though I keep rewriting there is no sign that it will ever stay put. I wonder whether yesterday (or, technically today) did ever happen. If someone finds this page, will it be lying on a stash of faded pages? They must go somewhere after all. There must be a universe where all pages end up. Or multiple universes. If the day before yesterday happened I tried to carve my notes in my arm in a desperate attempt to keep them. They're gone.

My head is starting to ache. If the stars tell the true time the hour is nearing twelve. I will soon wake up in my bed with only a vague memory of this writing. Yet I will keep witing as long as possible. I know that someone will have to find these pages sooner or later. You who read this cannot be me, for in my timeline everything fades. Therefore you must be someone else. Help me plea-

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathDragon and Yukine
whens the winner going to bee announced ?

Reactions: Lotad Lover
Sooooon
uvhuiulxquvoadwvbgaq.jpg

(sorry I'll stop spamming, I just couldn't help myself. XD )

Sooooon
uvhuiulxquvoadwvbgaq.jpg

(sorry I'll stop spamming, I just couldn't help myself. XD )

It depends. It may take 2 weeks or so. ;-;
Dont worry about the spamming, I'll close the thread if that goes too far... :p

Reactions: Alpha Harry, ThePartyPixel and PersonSP
I finnaly finished my cover! It took some time so sorry :bag:
Front:
RxX0izp.jpg

Back:

hSSfK8a.jpg

Screen Shots: None ( sorry )

Name of game: Pokemon Orange

Platform: 3DS

Genre: RPG

Summary: Explore the Orange Islands as Orange ( Munching Orange from Youtube) to defeat the Orange League and reveal bad secrets!

Plot: Orange journeys to defeat the Orange League.

Controls:
X = Open inventory and exit from things immediately.
Y = Use selected items.
A: Choose and talk.
B: No and run
D - Pad: move
C - Pad: move
R + L: Screen Shots

Features:
You can choose to what island you want to go, clothes changings, Costumes ( same as clothes changings, but to change clothes to peoples or trainers you saw ), PSS and much more!

Extras / Details: None :p

What inspired me to make this: Watching Munching Orange while entering this contest.

Reactions: ThePartyPixel

I finnaly finished my cover! It took some time so sorry :bag:
Front:
RxX0izp.jpg

Back:

hSSfK8a.jpg

Screen Shots: None ( sorry )

Name of game: Pokemon Orange

Genre: RPG

Summary: Explore the Orange Islands as Orange ( Munching Orange from Youtube) to defeat the Orange League and reveal bad secrets!

Plot: Orange journeys to defeat the Orange League.

Controls:
X = Open inventory and exit from things immediately.
Y = Use selected items.
A: Choose and talk.
B: No and run
D - Pad: move
C - Pad: move
R + L: Screen Shots

Features:
You can choose to what island you want to go, clothes changings, Costumes ( same as clothes changings, but to change clothes to peoples or trainers you saw ), PSS and much more!

Extras / Details: None :p

What inspired me to make this: Watching Munching Orange while entering this contest.

Did you inform me beforehand? I forgot. .-.

Yes I do! Btw when does this gonna end?

Yes I do! Btw when does this gonna end?
From what I know, the entries are being judged so expect an announcement of the winners soon.

okie, so after some serious prolonged discussion, my fabulous judges and I have decided the winners :p

1st place
@numage

Finally Finish my entry! Now I have some free time :D

Video-game front cover:
I drew one of the guy on the front cover, I think it is quite obvious which one it is xD

Video-game back cover:

Screenshots:

Name of game: Virtual Love
Genre: Dating Sims (Otome Game)
Summary: The start of this game revolves around you and 4 guys. Choose one of the guys you like, and pile up memories with him as friends. After his confession, the story begins with you being his girlfriend and engage in conversations, virtual dates and much more in real time and location.

Plot:
The first arc starts with you transferring into the highscool and meet each of the guys in some aspect of your daily life. After you get to know them, choose one and develop a romantic relationship with him. Eventually the guy will confess to you and agreed to become a couple. After the confession, the second arc begins with your boyfriend.

In the second arc, you can do everything with your virtual boyfriend similar to your real life boyfriend (but nothing sexual of course). This includes going on a date, taking pictures, travelling and even talking using the "Virtual Talk" option using the built-in microphone. Since the game uses Real Time Clock (RTC) system, the game clock is synchronized with the real clock. This means your boyfriend's days start at the same time as your physical wake up time, and that his lunch time is the same as your school, or work, lunch time.
The game even takes care of the seasons, so during the summer, the characters would wear their short sleeves and in the winter, they would wear coats.

This game is endless, but not repetitive, since there will be millions of possibilities of events.

Controls:
Mostly stylus,
Circle pad to change camera angle or by tilting your 3DS,
D-pad to zoom in and out,
L button to hide/show the conversation box,
R button to "auto" the conversation,
A to speed up the conversation or choose an option from questions,
Y to skip the conversation,
B to deny an option/questions,
X to open the menu/pause the game

Features:
Face-recognition feature (using front 3DS camera)- your boyfriend will remember your face, so your friend cannot pretend to be his girlfriend instead! This feature also allow you to introduce your friend to him and also tracking your emotions (like in ORAS).

Real location date and photography (using rear 3DS camera)

Talk to your boyfriend (using the built-in microphone) - works like Apple's Siri in a way, but more romantic.

Customize your boyfriend - influence his hairstyle and clothing, for example by saying that you prefer a short-hair guy with cool-looking clothes and see how your boyfriend will surprise you on the next date! Similarly, you can influence your boyfriend's personality, say, you want a happy boyfriend and he might try to "act" that way, though it might not be natural but pretentious.

Gallery - apart from taking photos of your boyfriend, you can collect images of "moments" from a special event, try to collect them all!

Extras/Details: Use streetpass and local connection to get gifts for your boyfriend and unlock hairstyles/clothes!

What inspired you: The Love Plus series which only have virtual girlfriends and only available in Japanese.

You guys might think, who will be into these games?
Actually it is a very popular game in Japan (Love Plus I meant), and there is actually a guy who "married" the video game character, I mean an official marriage in real life. Here is the video

And even celebrating birthdays..

Hope you guys like this game xD

2nd place

@Yukine

hhh tthank you for letting me post it! qwq

Video-game front cover: x
Video-game back cover: you can tell I rushed this part x'3
Screenshots (optional): x
Name of game: Lucid Delusionist
Platform: 3ds
Genre: RPG/Puzzle/Adventure
Summary: Imagine you could leave the stressful and hectic commotion of this world and escape to a dream-like world were anything is possible. Unfortunately that was just to good to be true...you're trapped in a nightmare filled with twists and turns and a city crawling with monsters! Build your own team, fighting the supernatural and solving mysteries seems like the only way to get out
Plot: 16 year old boy genius Asher Kiakuri has spiralled into depression. With heaps of pressure toppling over him and no family or friends for support, he seeks an escape. One day, he happens to meet an alternate version of himself from a different world who offers to solve all his problems. He offers to enable Asher to switch his current life for one in the 'dream world', So that's what he does. He accepts the deal, and the two of them switch places. The clone takes his place in the 'real world' and vice versa.

Unfortunately for Asher, the world he was transported to, wasn't all that he had expected. It's an Alice and wonderland type nightmare, but more dark and sinister. This place is dangerous. The objective of the game is to help the main character escape by finding a portal that's supposedly impossible to find.But as he meets new people and makes more allies that could help him, he finds himself caught in the middle of mysteries that he has to solve.

Throughout the game he'll find out more about the dream world and of its secrets. He'll discover new ways to get rid of the monsters that roam about the cities and block his way. You can create a team from the friends and allies that he's made throughout the game, and those people will aid him in battle.
To make things worse than they already are, it looks like the clone that took his place, is causing a lot of trouble in the real world.
Controls:
R button:
Will bring up a small menu that consists of your Inventory, your Team, your Weaponry, the Map, a list of monsters that you've encountered and an option that you can you can use to save your game.
L button:
Brings up the settings. Whilst in battle, the L button will change the camera viewpoint.
A:
Select/talk to ncps/interact with objects.
B:
Back/ hold whilst using the circle pad to run. Also, pressing this during a cutscene, or while an ncp is talking, will make it speed up.
Y:
items can be assigned to this button
X:
Jump
Circle pad/d pad:
Walk around.
C stick:
change camera angle

Features:
-Choose your own path. In this game, the things you say to other characters and the choices you make will ultimately affect the outcome of the game.
-Some monsters in the game can be tamed to join your party if you have the right items/skills. You can tame up to three, but only one can join you in battle at a time.
-You can customize the outfit/equipment each character has. You'll find that different combinations of clothes and items can boost your stats by a great amount.
-To make the game more dream-like, the weapons you decide to use for fighting is endless and can be almost anything, ranging from ordinary household items to medieval weapons and space guns. Incidentally, in this jumbled up world, you might find that using a peculiar weapon like a saucepan is more effective than a sword. After reaching a certain point in the
game, you can use items to merge 2 or more weapons together to make better ones.

Extras/Details: The battle mechanics in Lucid are pretty much like any other RPG (earthbound, bravely default, pokemon etc.) You can also get small parts to upgrade your equiptment from other players via streetpass :3

What inspired you to make this: uhhh well originally the concept came from two (really bad) comics that I made ages ago. I decided to revise the plots and merge them together. Also I really liked the idea of having a clone of yourself that turns evil. The idea for that came from the song called A Fake, Fake Psychotropic by Gumi, which is about a depressed girl who creates a clone of herself to do all her work... but it backfires. And the dream stuff...I don't know...I just came up with that x3 I wanted to create a really weird nonsensical world like those in Mother/Earthbound and Alice in wonderland so I thought it would make sense to take place in someone's dreams--since they hardly ever make sense x3

3rd place
@Barmont

Video-game front cover:
Video-game back cover:

Name of game: Purse Owner
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Genre: Action-RPG
Summary: Make Merry the number one purse owner of the universe!
Plot: Merry is addicted to purses, and she will travel many worlds to battle the strongest purse owners and be the most fashion girl ever!!!
Controls: Control Merry with the Circle Pad; use items with the d-pad; attack with Y; jump with B; cast purse spells with A; bring purse menu with X; use L and R to rotate the camera; touch-screen controls on purse menu, only.
Features: 3D effect. Fast-paced action. Anime-style plot. Cel-shaded graphics.
Extras/Details: Blood filter. DLC's to come. StreetPass: battle your Purse Owner friends!
What inspired you to make this: My love for Persona.

It was really hard to decide the entries cause there were a lot of amazing e
ntries~ Thankyou guys so much for participating~ and congrats to the winners!

myAvatar_17004643_1.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Yukine, PersonSP, numage and 5 others
I kneeeew ittt XD

congrat, sis! @numage

Reactions: numage
Woww, thank you! I'm really happy ><
Thank you for letting me participate <3

Reactions: 2179 and 3823
Congrats to the winners! They all look wonderful. :3

Reactions: 3823
what about me?