Devil Survivor Devil Survivor 2: Break Record

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
It looks like the game isn't out in Japan, so sadly, I think it will get delayed again for us (2015)

It's coming out in January 29, 2015, but that makes me sad because we NA/EU users aren't getting it anytime soon :/

Reactions: BrianXcalibur and ErixSan
One of the most surprising news from Atlus on Tokyo Game Show. It should have been ported as soon as possible since it is an extended port, so not much text to translate. Yet we still dunno for sure. Stay patient, @Marc~

Reactions: Marc
I haven't played the first one, but it's a good thing these games are getting ports at all. Hopefully this will actually come around to the West. Now all I need is a Catherine port for the 3DS.

One of the most surprising news from Atlus on Tokyo Game Show. It should have been ported as soon as possible since it is an extended port, so not much text to translate. Yet we still dunno for sure. Stay patient, @Marc~
I wouldn't say "extended port" -- I'd say "ATLUS REMAKE".

This is the first I've heard of it emerging from vaporware mode. Thank God, I've been hyped since DeSu2: The Anime.

is it that great that it has to be delayed until 2015? Im stating to get curious about this game.

is it that great that it has to be delayed until 2015? Im stating to get curious about this game.
It includes an expansion from the original, which is why I've been waiting for it. It's apparently much larger than even Atlus expected -- makes me happy :D

New video about the new character. It seems she's the reason behind the extended storyline for the 3DS version of the game :
She's Yamato's sister as you can tell.

I believe she wants to meet Yamato, but he's missing, based on some old info they made public.

After a long time searching this thread I have good news: Early 2015 release for 3DS for $49.99!

Overview
The world of Record Breaker is on the brink of non-existence. Just before the heralding of the apocalypse, when life was normal, some thrill-seekers were registering on a website that promised to deliver fake videos of their friends being killed. As people wondered what these videos could mean, an invasion began and humanity was forced to face a struggle to survive in an unprecedented catastrophe. For the main character and his friends, they stand up for humanity when the very same website uploads an application on their cell phones, summoning demons. From there, newly minted demon tamers begin the fight to survive and save the future of mankind, but the protagonist’s decisions aren’t without consequences. What he chooses may save the lives of his friends, or seal their fate.

For those who played the original Devil Survivor 2, the new plot expands the story by continuing the game from the ending of the original game. This continuation introduces a new character to the game, Miyako Hotsuin, but her origins are deeply shrouded in mystery. Record Breaker gives players the option of either skipping to the new content right away or playing through the original game first, suiting the needs for all experience levels.

Main features
Tactical Combat with a Side of Demon Fusion – The elements that make the Devil Survivor series great are back and better than ever with robust, turn-based strategic combat. Since the game is part of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, fusing demons together to form a stronger army is back as a core mechanic!

Choose Your Own Fate – The line between life and death is razor-thin in Record Breaker. Actions have their consequences, and in the wake of the apocalypse, a wrong choice can result in the permanent death of a character. Multiple endings present the challenge of making all the right choices at the right time.

Extra Content Atlus is Known For – Record Breaker expands on the original Devil Survivor 2 by nearly doubling the amount of storyline for a total of more than 100 hours of strategic game play and consuming plot, with the additional mystery of Miyako Hotsuin to unravel.

New Personalities to Discover – For the first time, Devil Survivor 2 is getting fully voiced English story dialogue. The voiced dialogue in both the new content and the original story gives added depth in bringing the game’s characters to life from ominous beginning to dramatic end.

Enhanced game play – Record Breaker gives player characters new abilities, and the world is chock full of more demons to fuse.

I WANT THIS GAME SO BAD!

After a long time searching this thread I have good news: Early 2015 release for 3DS for $49.99!
In North America?

And the heck? 50 bucks...? I might wait for a discount since it's a remake with an extended storyline.

In North America?

And the heck? 50 bucks...? I might wait for a discount since it's a remake with an extended storyline.

Yes, North America.
And yes... Well, considering the games will be released before (like S.T.E.A.M [March], Majora, Xenoblade, Kirby [March], Yoshi, Zelda, etc), waiting an Atlus won't be a big deal.

Etrian Mistery Dungeon will be also released on Spring for $49,99, but this one does worth its price considering all the mazes are random and it's a new game.

So many Atlus games slated for $50 price :|

Oh but Etrian Mystery Dungeon is slated for $40, not $50. I think EO titles are sold at that price, not higher :p

Last edited:

Oh but Etrian Mystery Dungeon is slated for $40, not $50. I think EO titles are sold at that price, not higher :p

Oh, you're right!

I didn't even know there was going to be an enhanced version of Devil Survivor 2 for the Nintendo 3DS. Thanks to Siliconera, I know that the game will be delayed to 2014 in North America.

You can use Google Translate to read the announcement - http://dsexp.atlusnet.jp/2013/10/post-24.html
I heard about the game a while back but they really didn't say much about it till this year.

I heard about the game a while back but they really didn't say much about it till this year.
We have a new trailer \o/

...and a release date this time. May 5th, 2015. It's a wait, but I don't really mind waiting tbh. I heard the game will also have Streetpass and Spotpass functionality but I'm more interested in the gameplay >.<

Reactions: ErixSan
We have a new trailer \o/

...and a release date this time. May 5th, 2015. It's a wait, but I don't really mind waiting tbh. I heard the game will also have Streetpass and Spotpass functionality but I'm more interested in the gameplay >.<
Awesome

Yea.. the extra $10 goes to the cartrigde with a larger memory capacity to fit all those audio files from voice acting, like Persona Q or SMT4. I'd rather leave the character voices to my imagination, if it means saving me $10, lol. Now I'm gonna 100% DeSu Overclocked before cinco de mayo. Thanks, Atlus, for taking all of my money.

Not sure how late this is but... if you pre-order this for 50, it comes with a free soundtrack which, to some people, may make it work it.

This game is a rip for 50 bucks. It is way too costly. If only it were to get cheaper... Also, it guarantees over 100 hours of gameplay. I bet you 5 0hours of it is just chattering and a bunch of talking. I have the ds version and it was ok I guess... Will see gameplay videos online instead

This game is a rip for 50 bucks. It is way too costly. If only it were to get cheaper... Also, it guarantees over 100 hours of gameplay. I bet you 5 0hours of it is just chattering and a bunch of talking. I have the ds version and it was ok I guess... Will see gameplay videos online instead
There will most likely be discounts later on in the eShop.

I have appropriately 100 hours in according to my activity log (it's at 98:37) and I still have multiple routes to try out in both the first arc (three I believe) and the second (I think it's only one, but I'm not 100% certain).

Back