Did you buy a Ocarina?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
No, but my friend is a big Zelda fan and bought a moderate quaility Ocarina and he can even play it! I want to learn but I am already juggling two instruments, VIola and Piano so I doubt I could or have the time to learn another, even if it is really easy, like an harmonic (the small one)

Buy one? I got one as a birthday present from my dad. I'm already learning how to play it as we speak.

Is money stopping you or not knowing where to find them?
I totally would like to get one from Zelda's Ocarina. those songbird's Ocarina seem to be totally worth it, but I know nil about Ocarinas and I get confused with the difference in shapes and holes so i don't know which one would be best.
I got a Songbird ocarina back in the late 90's/early 2000's. They are nice quality, but the one I got is much smaller in size what I would have imagined.

I've seen a few nice ones on Etsy, but I imagine those would be more prop-like and 'for looks' than an actual instrument.

I do. I have two to be exact. I have a 12 hole Alto C and a six hole suprano pendant. The pendant just has a triforce on it but the other one is just a plain black one. I do not know how to play either of them just yet, but I am trying to learn. I cherish both dearly so when my siblings play with them I tell them to put them down because they are ceramic and I would never trust a seven and nine year old with ceramic things.

Back