Do you EV train and IV breed?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Like I told you I'm a slacker /'very lazy so I won't be doing iv breeding :) because I don't have a lot of patience as well lol.

Then online battling will be very difficult for you. People with well trained pokemon will probably always win. I had that issue the last gen. xD

Well I don't play pokemon that much recently so it will be practically fine with me but I would want to win @Marc in a battle xD.

Well I don't play pokemon that much recently so it will be practically fine with me but I would want to win @Marc in a battle xD.

I wish you luck in that. He iv breeds :p And also ev trains. xD I have yet to battle him myself.

I EV train. When I first started making my first team in XY I didn't IV train but I know the basics of it. If I'm using a Shiny it won't be IV trained but if it's regular it most likely has relatively superior IVs.

I heard it got a lot easier with the new Pokemon games. I use to do it back in the day and it required a lot of grinding

I don't because I only think it's necessary if you're competitively playing online which I don't.

Not really. I don't see the need to, tbh.

If you're not doing competitive battling, there is absolutely no reason to EV train. For that reason, I do not.

I do iv breed but for the moment I need a 6iv ditto but like I said I ev train more iv breed

Yes, I do EV Train and IV Breed. Since I play competitively these things must be done, in order for my Pokemon to actually do something in my Wifi-battles. IVs and EVs are one of the most important parts of team-building. Though, both EV Training and IV Breeding is a pain, and takes a lot of time, they are definitely worth doing when you have an intense Wifi-battle. I don't see a non-competitive trainer doing these things, unless they sell them here, or trade them away for other Pokemon.

I do both, but I do it just so I have something to do post-game when I'm waiting in line at a restaurant or something... :p

For some of my favorite Pokemon, I both IV breed and EV train. I do it just so I can enjoy the feeling of having a perfect Pokemon with no flaws. I also do a bit of Battle Spot so having some trained Pokemon really helps against some of the more experienced trainers I encounter.

Eh..kinda lazy to do that lol. I would probably on train pokemon evs tbh I don't really care about ivs......but then again well idk really it's up to you. But ain't nobody got time for that :p

As an avid VGC player (bahahaha) it is necessary that I have to breed correct IVs and EVs.

So that's why when hacking was around I hacked myself a 6IV Ditto to ease the pain of breeding. ^^
As for EVs, I usually horde train with the Macho Brace because I'm too lazy to work for the BP needed for the Power Items.

I've only recently started doing it, as I'm trying tomake a competitive team. I didn't even care about natures until last summer!

Back