Do you prefer to buy full games retail/physical or digital?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Do you prefer digital or retail full releases?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
full games no i buy them not eshop but short once that cant be sold by shopsor old gameboy games that are abalible from eshop for a rare 3ds vershion like dr mario so games under 6 pounds i get from eshop but if there full bgames like 35 pounds ones i get from shops

When I have money I buy some of the cheap but good ones, full retail only when on sale.

Yes I guess. But some games are like 1 or 2gigs to download!

And SD cards up to 32GB are supported by the 3DS.

You then have to be selective on what you get digital and what you get retail ^^

Yeah true. My internet each month is 2.5 gig and if I want to get Pokemon OR/AS it is like 1gig! And it is a lot of blocks to download, but I guess it is cool getting games digitally. Nintendo should just make retail games cheaper digitally as it is much more efficient.

Cartridges often break with moist or by accidently not putting it right in your 3Ds (a bad angle). If your SD card breaks, you still have the game though, but not your save files. Every game that you buy through the e-shop are linked to you Nintendo account, allowing you to download them back if something happens.

Moreover, you remove your SD card less often from your 3DS than you do with cartridge.

Finally, someone who gets me. :)

It is funny what you say about finding eshop games expensive that the retail ones. In my country it happens totally the opposite, whereas buying form the eshop is cheap, trying to get a retail physical copy of the game becomes surprisingly expensive. I would dare to say that buying one retail game in my country is more or less the amount needed to buy two games on the eshop

Reactions: faustine
Well, this should be the normal way. I mean, they save in distribution and production by going digital. I don't know why it is more expensive in the e-shop seriously...

You still get the CN pins with digital games, they are on your receipt.
You sure about that? I'm not sure about Canada's eShop but I've never gotten a Club Nintendo code after purchasing a game digitally via 3DS eShop. After I linked my Club Nintendo account with my 3DS, the games started registering themselves after I purchased them on the eShop, :panda:

Haaa maybe! The last time I bought a 3DS game digital was before the Nintendo account stuff and I think I got my pin on my receipt, but don't take my word I can't confirm!

Since I've tested Digital, I just buy my games digitally. I still like the Retail format, but Digital is more convenient when you're moving around with your 3DS, because you don't need to bother carrying the cartridges around, and I love it.
Plus, my SD Card would have been useless if I wasn't buying digital games.

Digital, so its more less likely to lose the cartridge. I have lost up to 6 ds cartridges up to now. Changing cartridge and cartridge is tiresome. Sometimes I dont have space on my SD card. :);):(

I prefer retail right now, mainly due to the amazing box arts which I adore and because I like having a physical collection. I'm okay with digital if needed, but I'd rather know that I fully own my games and I can try out a game (not all of them have demos) and if I dislike it, I can sell it so I can fund another new game.

I prefer physical. It doesn't feel good to have games in your console itself. It feels good to open the box of the cartridge. However, I will download ths digital version of games like mariokart 7 if I get an eshop card here:)

Haaa maybe! The last time I bought a 3DS game digital was before the Nintendo account stuff and I think I got my pin on my receipt, but don't take my word I can't confirm!
@Marc You are right, I bought a game digitally and since my CN Account and Nintendo account are linked, it got automatically registered and I got my Coins on CN without issue.

The games which I feel like displaying on my shelf, I buy the retail one. Other games which I buy just for fun, I prefer digital. I like my collection of games but I can't take them out of my house very often sadly :(:(:(

It really depends for me :playful: I mostly will prefer a retail copy of a game if the game is a large size , such as Super Smash Brothers or any other game that has many good features like graphics or online or etc. For all the others , I would like it digital since it is quite convenient .

I will surely go for physical copy becaus it make me convenient and also i hate downloading games for eshop (especially when it is big game)and it also take lot of time to get download and i also don't like to wait for long time .

I'm torn, I love the feeling of going to the store and looking for a game, and then holding it and having the physical game in my 3DS, but lately I'm thankful for the digital copies because of my dog.

He ate my sister's copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf, and he destroyed my Pokémon White despite the games being up in the bookshelf and in their cases. So that's why I lean towards the digital not to mention its exciting to get to see your eShop game download.

Depends on how big the game is really and what kind of game it is. I mostly go for the physical copies rather than digital because I don't want to run out of space, but Pokemon Art Academy for example I downloaded a digital version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back