Do you think the COD franchise is failing?

• Thread starter Scyence
  • Start date

Is Call of Duty failing?

• Yes

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
well, generally the reviews arent trustworthy, I have seen very high ratings for games, that dont deserve high ratins of 9/10 or 10/10
for example, when street figtherV was released, that game got 8,5/10 to 9,5/10 in so many webs that i saw, but in that game the history mode is so easy that literally a baby can finish it and the online mode in that moment was unplayable

later, when pokken tournament was released, most of the internet webs gave it lower scores because it have 16 figthers, and little variety of content

street figther 5: 16 characters but a baby can finish the story mode and the online was unplayable at the start 8,5/10 to 9,5/10
pokken: 16 characters, the IA is better than street figther 5, the online mode was good from the beggining, and the battle sistem is different that other figthing games 7/10 to 8/10

so much logic ¿dont you think?

very much reviews´s ratings are buyed to get more people to buy the game
reviews differ from person to person and site to site, so not all reviews would be "trustworthy" to some people.

how did this turn into a thread debating whether or not GTA and COD are similar

Infinite Warfare will be the best selling game of 2016. I guarantee it. Only thing that'll be close to it is Overwatch.

how did this turn into a thread debating whether or not GTA and COD are similar

Infinite Warfare will be the best selling game of 2016. I guarantee it. Only thing that'll be close to it is Overwatch.
People buy COD because it's COD, not because they like the game.

People buy COD because it's COD, not because they like the game.
Lots of people like the game. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean that other people don't.

Reactions: 2205
Lots of people like the game. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean that other people don't.
So you're saying I'm the only person who doesn't like COD? How many people have you met that like COD, like for real. Not like pretending to like it in a YouTube video because they were sponsored or something. How many people have you met that REALLY like it? And I never said I DIDN'T like it. I just say that a lot of people just buy it to collect CODs. Not to actually enjoy it.

So you're saying I'm the only person who doesn't like COD? How many people have you met that like COD, like for real. Not like pretending to like it in a YouTube video because they were sponsored or something. How many people have you met that REALLY like it? And I never said I DIDN'T like it. I just say that a lot of people just buy it to collect CODs. Not to actually enjoy it.
No, I'm not saying you're the only one that doesn't like CoD. I don't like CoD. But yes, I have met many people who actually like CoD.

No, I'm not saying you're the only one that doesn't like CoD. I don't like CoD. But yes, I have met many people who actually like CoD.
Well, why don't we call this interesting argument a draw? GTA and COD have their differences and similarities. GTA might overtake COD or not. Who knows? Maybe Battlefield will replace COD. It's a more likely game to replace it in my opinion. It has similar gameplay to COD, similar stories, and maps. Except for maybe Hardline, which is more like GTA.

Well, why don't we call this interesting argument a draw? GTA and COD have their differences and similarities. GTA might overtake COD or not. Who knows? Maybe Battlefield will replace COD. It's a more likely game to replace it in my opinion. It has similar gameplay to COD, similar stories, and maps. Except for maybe Hardline, which is more like GTA.
I won't call this a draw because your argument has been crap the whole time.

I won't call this a draw because your argument has been crap the whole time.
No, they're both killing games with missions. I'm calling it a draw, you Republican warmonger.

No, they're both killing games with missions. I'm calling it a draw, you Republican warmonger.
This reminds me of that one scene in The Holy Grail.
Basically, I cut your arms and legs off and you're trying to call it a draw. It doesn't work that way.

This reminds me of that one scene in The Holy Grail.
Basically, I cut your arms and legs off and you're trying to call it a draw. It doesn't work that way.
This reminds me of the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis and the war in Korea.
Basically, the United States and the Soviet Union were in a huge argument, like us, not about COD, but about land. In the Cuban Missile Crisis, Khrushchev and Kennedy were in a draw. Either batch of missiles was pointed at the Kremlin and the White House. Several telegrams were exchanged, and the US and the USSR finally agreed to pull their missiles out of the desired places. The US took their missiles out of turkey, the USSR took theirs out of Cuba. And in the Korean War, the North didn't had a chance. That would be me. You would be the South Koreans. They finally agreed after 2 years of fighting to split the country in two. They decided on a draw. And that's how the DMZ was formed.

This reminds me of the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis and the war in Korea.
Basically, the United States and the Soviet Union were in a huge argument, like us, not about COD, but about land. In the Cuban Missile Crisis, Khrushchev and Kennedy were in a draw. Either batch of missiles was pointed at the Kremlin and the White House. Several telegrams were exchanged, and the US and the USSR finally agreed to pull their missiles out of the desired places. The US took their missiles out of turkey, the USSR took theirs out of Cuba. And in the Korean War, the North didn't had a chance. That would be me. You would be the South Koreans. They finally agreed after 2 years of fighting to split the country in two. They decided on a draw. And that's how the DMZ was formed.
I still see no reason for me to call it a draw. The war isn't over until the enemy lets it be.

I still see no reason for me to call it a draw. The war isn't over until the enemy lets it be.
That raises an interesting thing. Who is the enemy here? Me, or you? A lot of people in this thread agree with you. But that doesn't necessarily make you correct in all terms. They don't agree with me, but that doesn't mean all my ideas are complete bullcrap. We're both enemies in this situation. We either call it a draw, or we waste our finger joints trying to prove who's right. Look, the polls say that COD is falling. Isn't that the point?

That raises an interesting thing. Who is the enemy here? Me, or you? A lot of people in this thread agree with you. But that doesn't necessarily make you correct in all terms. They don't agree with me, but that doesn't mean all my ideas are complete bullcrap. We're both enemies in this situation. We either call it a draw, or we waste our finger joints trying to prove who's right. Look, the polls say that COD is falling. Isn't that the point?
As stated earlier, the poll just means that most people on this thread don't like the series. Evidence suggest that CoD isn't failing.

As stated earlier, the poll just means that most people on this thread don't like the series. Evidence suggest that CoD isn't failing.
Still, this is a poll to see if people THINK the franchise is falling. Not that they definitely know for sure that it will fall. I like GTA and Battlefield better than COD. You say you aren't very fond of COD. Which means you have games that you prefer over it. But it doesn't matter what either of us think it's up to the polls. And the majority of people think it's falling. Can't you be a little positive about that?

Still, this is a poll to see if people THINK the franchise is falling. Not that they definitely know for sure that it will fall. I like GTA and Battlefield better than COD. You say you aren't very fond of COD. Which means you have games that you prefer over it. But it doesn't matter what either of us think it's up to the polls. And the majority of people think it's falling. Can't you be a little positive about that?
Why would I be positive about a game failing? A game failing creates less competition for other games in the genre and that means less of a push for them to be good games.

Why would I be positive about a game failing? A game failing creates less competition for other games in the genre and that means less of a push for them to be good games.
As I said, I don't think that COD is absolutely going to fall right now, I just said that the majority of people on this thread think it may slowly start to fall over time. Maybe it won't. You just gotta wait and find out.

As I said, I don't think that COD is absolutely going to fall right now, I just said that the majority of people on this thread think it may slowly start to fall over time. Maybe it won't. You just gotta wait and find out.
Why do you want me to be positive about people think that it is failing, though? I don't understand that part.

I'm not a youtuber, I'm not paid to say I like it. I'm not a streamer, I'm not a pro gamer.

I like CoD. I didn't like every CoD (because yes, they are different from each others) but I liked many of them.

Back