Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Occasionally, I don't like it that much

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Occasionally, but it hurts my eyes sometimes

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Never

Votes: 12 15.8%

• Total voters
Without the 3d effects, I cannot fully enjoy a game. Since I paid extra for it, might as well use it. In moderation of course! :D

Reactions: Mikaya
It depends on which game works best in 3D for me.

No, my 3D had broke off.

Mine works well, but I don't use it very often, just can't play with it on my 3DS XL more than 10-15 minutes. Maybe because XL screen much bigger and hard to focus in one point, like on plain 3DS.

I use 3D only in certain games in which I think that I will not have to move my hands here and there(this refers to super monkey ball 3D) so I use the 3D feature much often..

When I first played it just before launch it made me so nauseous and gave me a migraine,
even now having it on leaves me so disorientanted, so now I only put it on for special cut scenes

I used the 3d effects for only short period of time. Because my eyes become blurry when using 3d effects when playing games after an hour. So i turn it off and continue playing. Not a fan of the 3d effects in 3ds but it os a good gimmick.

I use it most of the time and I also turn it off a lot. I guess I just like sliding that 3D thing. It's not even real 3D.
i usually only use it for certain cutscenes in various games. almost never actually during gameplay

I only use it when there is that spectacular moment when you are achieving something or when your in a boss fight and sometimes when I want to see something cool in 3d,like the lord of the rings demo,it looks like the ring is coming out of the screen

Reactions: EliteHoennChampion
I find the 3DS 3D system, strange. For some games it can be awesome but for others it is a pain. Just my personal opinion but I very rarely use the 3D.

I generally have it on, even when I attempt to put it off to save battery before I know it is "magically" back at least to halfway. Depending the game and if I am in a static position is how much depth I use.

I seldom use 3D on my 3DS, it hurts my eyes. It doesn't help that I already have bad eye sight. I usually turn it on at a very low level, then it is bearable. At the highest level, it hurts my eyes.

I usually have it on always unless I'm grinding/ev training in pokemon. I like the 3D a lot, but it really does mess with your eyes. I like the effect so I'm not complaining though lol.

3D looks beautiful in a lot of games, and you're missing out on a big feature for the 3Ds if you dont use it. Especially if you have a 3Ds xl. It looks so good. Wonder how good the 3D is going to be on the new 3DS. I can't wait for the day I get my hands on it.

One quick tip if the 3D is being too annoying is to turn down the brightness if you're indoor before using the 3D effect. Sometimes, depending the game, the colors are bright enough to sting the eyes even without the effect, if your eyes feel relaxed, the 3D focus becomes easier to maintain.

Reactions: Marc, 18 and Mikaya
I mostly (rather I would say always) play at "half" level. It gives me the 3ds effect without hurting my eyes and effecting the battery life.

And for those who see BLURRY SCREEN when turning on 3d feature on your 3ds, do this:-

1. Keep your 3ds in front of your face (at least 14 m away)
2. Always look from the front level of your 3ds.

The basic conception of the 3d feature in the 3ds is that it gave out two images. One for your left eye and one for your right eye. When you see both the images at the correct position, both the images will be produced on your eyes and before reaching the brain, they somewhat combine so as to give a 3d image. So, in my opinion you should use your 3d feature at half level. It produces 3d images without hurting your eyes. Hope you found this helpful. Thanks.

I don't even see the 3D on games anymore. The gimmick lost its value with me. Its really annoying using it too, because the only way things actually look "3D" is if I put the slider all the way up, and that just makes the system a huge pain to use, especially in games like Kirby triple deluxe where right in the middle of game play you have to tilt the device.

I usually turn the 3D off for most of the time and turn on when the game have important or interesting scene.
Not like it hurt my eyes or anything but it drains my 3DS battery (I'm stingy and I know it lol)
I love to turn it on when I'm in the museum/aquarium in Animal Crossing though. It looks amazing!

I do not think that the 3d is important at all. I never have it on, and I just think that it is ruining the screens. That being said, I am blind in one eye, so i may not be able to enjoy that function to its fullest. But still, I dont see what is so fancy about the 3d. I think that the system dont need the 3d to be a good system.

It always depends on the game. I would say "Occasionnally, it depends on the game" but the option isn't there =P

I always play with the 3d activated, i think this is one of the main reasons to get the console. But It happened to me that once I had to set it off when I played donkey kong country returns 3d. Unfortunately, the 3d on that game was not good so I played it better with the 3d off.

Back