Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Occasionally, I don't like it that much

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Occasionally, but it hurts my eyes sometimes

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Never

Votes: 12 15.8%

• Total voters
I never use the 3D because I can't see the effect. I have it turned off via parental controls to avoid my accidentally sliding up the 3D slider and making the picture funny.

I usually play without 3D because most games I play have simple graphics to which the 3D isn't much of an addition any way. It tires my eyes and there are very few moments that it adds to the immersion. However I always play Fire Emblem Awakening in 3D because it really makes the game come to life. The graphics are good on it's own and the 3D does add to that. Same goes with Virtue's Last Reward. The looks are great, the 3D is not too showy yet adds to the immersion. On the other hand are games were the 3D adds nothing but a higher chance for hands for holding the 3ds exactly right (looking at you, Pokémon X:facepalm:). Another game with surprisingly good 3D is the Denpa Men 3, while it does not look realistic it certainly adds to the game. When I use 3D I usually leave the slider in the middle but it varies on the graphics of the game and how action packed the scene is.:artist:

Whenever I get a new game, I'll try out the 3d effect on it to see how it looks. Then after that I normally don't use it anymore. Only time I would is if it would accidentally scroll up or something.

Whenever I get a new game, I'll try out the 3d effect on it to see how it looks. Then after that I normally don't use it anymore. Only time I would is if it would accidentally scroll up or something.
Basically the same for me, except that I also put 3D back on during cutscenes, when I don't have to be focused. Other than that, yeah, I play without 3D.

Reactions: PersonSP
I just usually just try it out on areas and keep it on if it looks nice. I dont turn it on no matter what when I don't have any way of recharging my 3DS though.

I rarely play games with the 3d because when I use it I usually finished with a terrible headache and it is no so good for me. Other reason to avoid the 3d is when I am traveling from one place to another, where I live, the streets are awful so I prefer stop playing or in case I don't want to left the game I avoid to use the 3d. At any rate, I prefer to have a 3ds rather than a 2ds.

I hardly use the 3d when im playing pokemon x or super smash bros but I sometimes use it while playin Animal Crossing New leaf and always use it while playing Super Mario 3d land. Super Mario #d land uses the 3d and is made for the 3d

Not really, I don't use the 3d much at all when playing my games. Either because it looks weird from my point of view when playing, or that some of my games are 2d so they don't warrant it.

It does depend on the game and also I find towards the end of the day when my eyes are tired I tend to turn it off. I think Fire Emblem Awakening & Persona Q male excellent use of the 3D

I get a head ace after awhile but still great to look at it from time to time :D
Useing the gyro if the 3D is on is not so fun tho :(

Nah not really. When I first got the 3ds I used it a couple times but didn't like it that much. I only bought the 3ds for the games instead of the 3d stuff. I know some people like the 3d but I wish nintendo would not have put 3d on the 3ds and used the money on some other aspect of the hardware.

When I had a 3ds I didn't use it at all. It was annoying and I already had bad eyesight at the time. Now I dont use it because I have a 2ds!

I have a 2DS so...
But my sister had a pink 3DS I used before I got my 2DS. I hate the 3D mode, because it destroys my eyes, and strains them horribly. >.<

Whenever there's an in-game movie I activate it to see how it looks. Actually, that's the only moment I even remember there's a 3D slider on the console...

I love using the 3D for some games like Animal Crossing or Nintendogs I love having it up high in those games for fun. I don't use the 3D when I'm in bed because I can't find a good position that makes the obvious blurs line up and focus.

But too I think they made the 2Ds because not everyone knew you can completely shut off the 3D.

Who says that the 3d is annoying? I like the 3d! Sometimes I turn it off in games like Pokemon Y, which don't have a very good 3d. I switch it on while playing acnl more than 85% of the times.

Back