DS/DS lite

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
I had three DS Lite systems. The first was the pink one, since my sister bought it originally for her, and gave it to me for my 10th birthday. Unfortunately, it got the broken screen + L/R disease, and when I got the second one, my brother didn't helped and promptly broke it against a heater.
The second one, I got it a short time after the pink one started going bad, for Christmas, if I recall. The external upper shell was red, and the rest was black. And sadly again, we learnt later that it was a fake, since it couldn't read retail DS games, and only a flashcart that was provided with it, which didn't made my parents too happy. One day, she just decided to stop working, and no matter what we did, it was dead.
The third one now has the upper screen + L/R disease, but is still alive. It's the white DS Lite, and I got it from my grandma who didn't had any use for it. I got it the same time I got my Wii, which me made me really happy.

And now, as I said, the only one alive is the white one.

I used to have a DS Phat (original grey)

I have a silver DS Lite, 1 3DS (Black), two 3DS XL's (red and Smash Bros Red, respectively) and 1 New 3DS XL (Majora's Mask edition).

l had the original DS. lt was blue. And l loved it. The games for DS l have or had are:

Kirby: Super Star Ultra
Kirby: Mass Attack
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Pokémon Platinum Version
Pokémon Black Version
Pokémon Black Version 2
Petz Catz 2
LOL
The Legendary Starfy
My Pet Shop
Littlest Pet Shop: Garden

I also had a gameboy Advance game Sims 2 Pets. I defiantly loved it SO much and is my favorite game out of all games l've played...after Super Smash Bros. Brawl lol.

l loved it that the DS had a gameboy slot too. Which allowed me play Sims 2 Pets. :3

Sadly, The DS broke and split in half after 1 year of having it (l was like, 10 when it broke l think). But my sister still has her DS lite, but l have to push the dpad and buttons really hard for it to respond. l didn't like that, but at least l could still play Sims 2 pets which was all that matters.

But then this year, l lost Sims 2 Pets...l didn't find the game, but l found its cartridge sticker on the floor...l cried.

Reactions: Mizunil
White DS lite :) that sums up my childhood

Reactions: Mizunil
I owned an original DS back in the day. It was very bulky and the screen was quite dim in comparison to the handhelds today. I eventually traded it in for a DS light. I highly recommend a DS light over the original DS. The screen is so much brighter. It also feels better in the hand and looks sleek. I don't have my DS light any more though. I traded it in for a 3DS when it's price dropped.

I had a DS lite, the pearl pink one or something. Good times >.<)/

i bought a DS lite about Five years ago now but i think and played it probably everyday for all five of those and i still would have played it to this day had it not contracted a fatal disease, its top screen pixles started dying one by one and now it has a big black empty hole in the top screen, thankfully the 3ds provides backwards compatibility so its not a major issue.

I had a ds lite. It was the first eletronic I ever had. I always played it for hours and hours. Whenever I finished a game I always asked my parents to buy me a new one. The ds lite was useless if you did not have a game inside it. I do not use my ds lite anymore but I had great times using it.

I have a Black DS lite, and it is still working. It is tucked away in my drawer, and maybe one day I will go back to it. Despite it being almost 10 years old, it did go through alot. I had to get it repaired about 3 times. The first 2 times, it got the top white screen of death, meaning that the top screen shows nothing but white. The 3rd time, the L/R buttons didn't want to work, but I managed to fix it. How? By pulling the buttons up. So many memories with that handheld.

I skipped the original DS and went straight to the DS lite, then DSi and finally DSi XL. All of them in black color. As luck would have it, I only bought the newer DSs because of terrible luck, when I was at camp, someone stole my GBA SP and DS lite (along my Pokemon Emerald:cry:2000+Hrs of playtime lost), so I bought the DSi, but it fell off my hands and on my bed, then the lid basically did a huge slap and the screen broke:cry:. Then I bough the DSi XL, but then the only games worth playing were the Pokemon Games and a few older ones, so I got pretty bored after Pokemon Black and White, so I sold my 3DS XL for 140Euros, my now broken DSi for parts (35Euros) and most of the games and I bought a brand new PSP that I still have and love (for 130Euros) and with the rest (~200E) I upgraded my computer). Never regretted getting rid of the consoles themselves, but I DID regret selling KH 358/2 Days and the World Ends With You:cry: Now I'm desperately trying to find them in stores, but everywhere I go they are sold out!:cry::cry:

I had a Pink ds lite and a yellow 3DS XL with a pikachu face on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a DS Lite. It used to belong to my brother, but he is now into PS4 games and stuff like that so he gave it to me. I don't like PS games at all, so I stayed with Nintendo. I won't say why. I still use it if I want to put some Pokemon from my old games to my new ones, or stuff like that. I did like it a lot, but I like the 3DS a lot more. Eventhough it is bulkier the graphics are great and it's really improved. It has backwards compatability and it is better looking(at least for me). But the memories of the console are great.

I have a navy blue-colored DS Lite that I bought many years ago. Even though the A button in my DS Lite seems to be tad bit broken, most of the time it's still playable for me.

My pink DS lite still works, except that one corner of the touch screen doesn't work when you tap it. I don't use it any more of course since I have a 3ds, except I used it to transfer my gen 4 Pokemon before I reset cuz I have no friends to trade with

The DS Lite is still my weapon of choice whenever I'm on the road. Being able to play GBA games is a HUGE plus for someone still stuck in the 00's :p

Not to mention all the GB/C games I'm emulating as well. When I first got my DS Lite I was so happy to be able to play every single Nintendo handheld game thus far :giggle:

I have a white/red de life as my regular white ones l/r button broke and the back kinda died a little so my brother (being as awesome as he is) uses his old red casing (because he changed the cover ( like you can do now with the n3ds) to a clear one) so know I have an awesome mutant hybrid thing. It also kinda maybe sorta broke when I was playing football (yes football not soccer... Weird Americans(Jkjk)( me outside! I couldn't believe it either)) and I dropped it and kicked it instead of the ball. Not my best days. It didn't die there luckily however the charging port thing died so it can't charge anymore.

Ah, the Red Nintendo DS Lite! It was my first video game device ever (If those little kiddie video games made by companies like LeapFrog Enterprises don't count >.<)!

I had lots of fun with that! It was my first time going on an adventure as Mario, and then realizing that Luigi was way cooler! It was my first time learning about Sonic though Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games! It was even my first Pokemon experience with Pokemon White version! Lots of firsts came with that DS Lite. I actually still have it, although not in a mint condition state >.< What a childhood it brought! I'm going back down memory lane now ;~;

My first DS was a black 3ds. Look at all you privileged children with your fancy gadgets

I had a black ds lite until it became broken. Stupid breakable hinges!!!

I had a fat one until my mum dropped it. It snapped in half so I made her buy me a DSi. It wasn't the same :'(

I used to go to an all boy secondary school and like 90% of the kids who owned a ds had a pink ds lite bcos pink was gangsta for awhile. Lol it looked like tubby custard

Back