• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
Numerous reports of the error code 160-1710 requires you to ship your Wii U in for repair.

It claims that your memory isn't working right and won't let you play games, save data or do Anyhing really.
This case has come up for mostly people with SSB4 Wii U.

If you haven't updated SSB4 WiiU:
Turn off the console's Internet configuration. The game might update itself in the background.
Play without the update.

If you have updated your game:
Never, never go online, especially in For Glory. It appears that the problems comes from the online mode, but it's unsure. Play offline or don't play at all.

If you got the error code:
Stop using SSB4 completely, and avoid the Data Management screen at all costs.
Do not format the console. It might brick it, even if Nintendo tells you to do it.
Don't try to remove anything off your system's memory. Again, the risk of brick is real.

So, while Nintendo haven't done anything, I suggest this thread to be pinned, so it can warn users.
Any thoughts?
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyda, Slayerpon Tatsu and jandkas
Numerous reports of the error code 160-1710 requires you to ship your Wii U in for repair.

It claims that your memory isn't working right and won't let you play games, save data or do Anyhing really.
This case has come up for mostly people with SSB4 Wii U.

Any thoughts?
Thanks for reading!

Slight question: when does it happens ?
:eek: I don't want it to happen to my console, it's a brand new one!

And, how is it even possible that the game can corrupt the console's entire built-in memory ?

Slight question: when does it happens ?
:eek: I don't want it to happen to my console, it's a brand new one!
I'm not sure... Be careful though MWHAHAHAHA

I'm not sure... Be careful though MWHAHAHAHA

I'm fine in any case, the warranty is still new too, so, I shouldn't worry. But still, I wouldn't really like my console to get bricked by such a thing. I'll try to learn more about the matter.

Reactions: Kyda
Pretty much the first thing I did after hearing about it was check my data management to see if the update data would bring any glitches and luckily it doesn't. Just to be safe however I'm not playing SSB Wii U until it's patched. So much data on my Wii U and I don't want to lose it.

Ok, so, while digging the web to find more info, I found out a few things useful to avoid the console to be bricked:
(@Marc, I'll pin it, it seems rather important, considering the risks)

Turn off the console's Internet configuration. The game might update itself in the background.
Play without the update.

If you have update your game:
Never, never go online, especially in For Glory. It appears that the problems comes from the online mode, but it's unsure. Play offline or don't play at all.

Do not format the console. It might brick it, even if Nintendo tells you to do it.
Don't try to remove anything off your system's memory. Again, the risk of brick is real.

So, while Nintendo haven't done anything, I suggest this thread to be pinned, so it can warn users.

Oh, and if you think it's a joke:

this is actually making me scared and I don't even have ssb4 I am literally scared by this

What does bricked mean btw?

Last edited by a moderator:
It means you can't access your Wii U, even if you have the plug in the wall and everything is fine the Wii U will not start. It might start but it will show an error code

O_O this is really scary how would Nintendo let this happen?

This has happened before with the Wii when people were hacking them. People made mistakes when tweaking and bricked their Wii.

Reactions: Kyda and KorthosEber
Good thing I play casually with my friends lol :p

Reactions: PorygonZ7727 and Kyda
Ok, so, while digging the web to find more info, I found out a few things useful to avoid the console to be bricked:
(@Marc, I'll pin it, it seems rather important, considering the risks)

Play without the update.

If you have update your game:

Oh, and if you think it's a joke:
Actually without the update the game crashes quite often, according to a youtuber called The Completionist who got a pre-release copy of the game. So not downloading the update still isn't a good idea.

Though it seems on miiverse Nintendo has stated they are perfectly aware of the problem and are trying to fix it.

Actually without the update the game crashes quite often, according to a youtuber called The Completionist who got a pre-release copy of the game. So not downloading the update still isn't a good idea.

Though it seems on miiverse Nintendo has stated they are perfectly aware of the problem and are trying to fix it.

Well, the 1.0.1 version doesn't crash that often (in a fact, it never crashed here), and I'd rather have a copy of SSB that crashes often than a copy that could kill the console and make it ready for reparation.

Well this scares me! If my Wii U console broke, I wouldnt afford buying a New one. I just played for glory, With the game updated. Sooooo... I just did everything you said that can break not only the game, but the entire freaking console! Thanks for the warning, I will definetely stop playing online until this error is fixed.

Well this scares me! If my Wii U console broke, I wouldnt afford buying a New one. I just played for glory, With the game updated. Sooooo... I just did everything you said that can break not only the game, but the entire freaking console! Thanks for the warning, I will definetely stop playing online until this error is fixed.

Well, yes, for the moment, it's better to play offline and try to train yourself than go online and possibly get your WiiU bricked.
Of course, I think chances of that thing happening are small, but the risk is real, and chances still exist anyway. So, yes, let's wait for Nintendo to fix it as fast as possible.

Reactions: Kyda and GerudoWarrior
this is actually making me scared and I don't even have ssb4 I am literally scared by this

What does bricked mean btw?
Bricked means you can't use it at all.

Seems like the bug was found by Nintendo, since they patched it.
They also said that broken Wii U whose warranties expired will still be allowed, and the warranty will be renewed for free.
Nice move from Nintendo. So, see if you can update both the console and the game, please.

Reactions: Kyda and Marc
Since there was an update, is it safe to play online now?

Since there was an update, is it safe to play online now?

I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back