SSB for Wii U Error 160-1710 will make you ship in your Wii U

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanks :)

According to some forum, the game itself wasn't broken, it was the WiiU's system files (meaning that it didn't affect SSB4 finally, but rather all the Wii U games, though it had more chances of being triggered by SSB4 [probably due to an access violation or the corrupted file being "called" by the game]) that were corrupted.

Seems like the bug was found by Nintendo, since they patched it.
Awesome. Going to download the patch tonight hopefully. Tagging @SuperMii3D so the tournament can resume.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Awesome. Going to download the patch tonight hopefully. Tagging @SuperMii3D so the tournament can resume.
Ooo, patch? Lets see if everyone downloads it and then we'll resume.

YAAY now I don't have to worry about this when I get it for Christmas. It's also really generous of Nintendo to give refunds to Wii U owners with expired warranties. I hope nothing more terrible happens like this in the future.

Is this possible for 3ds?

Is this possible for 3ds?
No, 3DS consoles are safe. The only "glitch" happening on SSB4 3DS is the 136 years ban glitch, and maybe it was even fixed.

I didnt know about this. Wich system version is the one that bricks the console? I guess I wont get Smash Bros until this is fixed.

Wait, it was fixed? Has this been officially confirmed? It was only listed as a stability update

Wait, it was fixed? Has this been officially confirmed? It was only listed as a stability update

Well, according to some rumours, it has been fixed.

Well, according to some rumours, it has been fixed.
Well they are rumors. Unless a week or so goes by with nobody new reporting the incident, we should still at least be a little cautious.

Numerous reports of the error code 160-1710 requires you to ship your Wii U in for repair.

It claims that your memory isn't working right and won't let you play games, save data or do Anyhing really.
This case has come up for mostly people with SSB4 Wii U.

If you haven't updated SSB4 WiiU:
Turn off the console's Internet configuration. The game might update itself in the background.
Play without the update.

If you have updated your game:
Never, never go online, especially in For Glory. It appears that the problems comes from the online mode, but it's unsure. Play offline or don't play at all.

If you got the error code:
Stop using SSB4 completely, and avoid the Data Management screen at all costs.
Do not format the console. It might brick it, even if Nintendo tells you to do it.
Don't try to remove anything off your system's memory. Again, the risk of brick is real.

So, while Nintendo haven't done anything, I suggest this thread to be pinned, so it can warn users.
Any thoughts?
Thanks for reading!

Ok, so, while digging the web to find more info, I found out a few things useful to avoid the console to be bricked:
(@Marc, I'll pin it, it seems rather important, considering the risks)

If you haven't updated SSB4 WiiU:
Turn off the console's Internet configuration. The game might update itself in the background.
Play without the update.

If you have update your game:
Never, never go online, especially in For Glory. It appears that the problems comes from the online mode, but it's unsure. Play offline or don't play at all.

If you got the error code:
Stop using SSB4 completely, and avoid the Data Management screen at all costs.
Do not format the console. It might brick it, even if Nintendo tells you to do it.
Don't try to remove anything off your system's memory. Again, the risk of brick is real.

So, while Nintendo haven't done anything, I suggest this thread to be pinned, so it can warn users.

Oh, and if you think it's a joke:

Wild guess, but I think I'm the only guy who noticed that the error codes on these two messages are different. :D:rotfl:

Well, seems like the update did nothing. Still is affecting some players.
Might have to just wait for a software update

Reactions: 423
What you just wrote is kind of frightening, so you mean that you can't play ssbb if you get the error? Wasn't an update about this error lately? I heard about this in another way that apparently if you played ssbb you could brick your console, but I thought that was already fixed with the latelst update. please, is this thing still true? I mean, is this error code still out there with no fix?

Woah, sounds like Nintendo messed up hardcore this time. How did they even manage to let thing get this bad? I don't have a WiiU or SSB but the whole idea of such a thing scares me. Let's hope they take care with the 3Ds...

Some scary stuff. Wonder if they got it fixed

Dosen't look like they fixed it yet. It's gonna be a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since there was an update, is it safe to play online now?

I suppose.

But weren't updates the very thing that had the highest risk of crashing the game and or killing your console? If updates are bad, why then update an update with an update? (Think about it. xD) Well, it's a good thing that I wasn't playing Smash Wii U that much in the time period of November 29th to December 5th. I'm glad it's fixed.

Oh boy.I'll get my copy of SSB for Wii U next week,and even with that,I'm afraid of bricking my game and console,and I'm not aware if there's an update that will take care of this problem as of now.What should I do when I get the game?

Thanks for the warning, I didn't know about this. I don't play For Glory anyway though I'll stay clear of it for now until Nintendo releases an official statement about it.

that's the worst wii u bug i've ever heard of! I'm never going on wifi again.... i would not deal well if my system bricked. i would get really worked up if that happened! thanks for the warning, though. glad i heard about it before it could actually happen to me. very glad i looked at this thread. scary stuff, thats for sure...

Reactions: PigMayor
Wow never heard of such a glitch !!! What a serious thing hope someday the cause will be found out and hope Nintendo helps to do something to these poor people .....On the other hand .GOOD THING I have a 3ds which hopefully that will never happento it but then there is the ban for years glicth/bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back