SSB for Wii U Error 160-1710 will make you ship in your Wii U

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING : EVERYONE BE CAREFUL! Let me tell you more of this Error. This error can delete and wipe out your whole Wii U data. I mean CLEAR AND ERASE. Also, It can BRICK your system. The problem is the Update Data. If you delete that Update Data, IT CAN AND WILL BRICK YOUR WII U! It didn't happen to me because I don't have the game. But, I'm worried now. Should I get the game because of this? I'm worried about my Wii U being bricked. I might get it. I'm just thinking about it. :( Please Respond.

Oh my. I hope this never happens to my console, because we don't have much cash for games and stuff. If anything, I would ship my system in for repair, and I would NEVER take any games i played for off my console. Just my personal opinion, and I hope nobody else ever sees this.

Aww man, I thought Nintendo games usually iron out all the bugs before releasing them(except mk7), well I wonder if your special edition Wii u breaks.... will they send you a regular when you ship it in if they can't repair it.

Okay. I will be very careful if I get a Wii U and Smash Wii U so that I can avoid getting that Game Breaking Glitch. I Just hope that by then, there will be a patch preventing that annoying glitch.

This is patched now right?

There is a patch now for that

Good that I don't play online much. My friends don't play with Me :)

Seems legit. But does nintendo charge you for shipping it in? that is my question. Looks like Nintendo doesn't try out their updates before realease tho :p

Oh, bad bad bad
Something similar has happened to be actually
Not with SSB4 tho, I don't even own it :p
The thing is, about 5 months after I got the Wii U, I started getting the Blue Light of Death (search for it if you want) and couldn't turn it on
The next day I was able to play so I didn't worry that much
But it started happening with more frequency, up to the point where my Wii U broke
So I had to ship it and have it fixed so I could play again WITH ALL THE MEMORY ERASED FROM THE GAMES
So yea that was awful
And it happened to many people who bought the first batch of Wii Us :0

I found this out as well. The game won't even load the intro. If the intro loads, you're good. Nintendo has also said you may return your wii u for repairs if this happens, so beware.

Reactions: Kyda
I don't care for 2 reasons: 1. I play SSB4 on my 3DS, and 2. I don't use my WiiU a lot anyways.

Reactions: Kyda
Numerous reports of the error code 160-1710 requires you to ship your Wii U in for repair.

It claims that your memory isn't working right and won't let you play games, save data or do Anyhing really.
This case has come up for mostly people with SSB4 Wii U.

If you haven't updated SSB4 WiiU:
Turn off the console's Internet configuration. The game might update itself in the background.
Play without the update.

If you have updated your game:
Never, never go online, especially in For Glory. It appears that the problems comes from the online mode, but it's unsure. Play offline or don't play at all.

If you got the error code:
Stop using SSB4 completely, and avoid the Data Management screen at all costs.
Do not format the console. It might brick it, even if Nintendo tells you to do it.
Don't try to remove anything off your system's memory. Again, the risk of brick is real.

So, while Nintendo haven't done anything, I suggest this thread to be pinned, so it can warn users.
Any thoughts?
Thanks for reading!
Wow! thanks for the great tip! Does that mean that it's possible for me not to have my Wii U right now?
If it does, thanks so much! Nintendo has so many bugs and glitches. They should fix all of them before selling a video game at a store by letting one of the people who helped designing the game play it.That would probably get rid of quite a lot of glitches. Anyway, thanks for that tip! Hope I see ya later!

O_O

So just 1 game can just outright brick a Wii U in a standalone process. Okay, that's just outright crazy. Has it happened to (only) you? If it was, maybe it was a fluke. You might have been hacked or something of that nature.

Yeah I heard about that from my friend. He told me that his wii had experienced that same error 160 and I told him to go get it to nintendo. I was lucky that I don't have a wii u because my parents didnt have that type of money. Thank god man. Anyway lo0ng story short he got it fixed.

What do you mean when you say BRICK your Wii U? Luckily I don't have a Wii U myself although I'm almost one hundred percent sure that it is already been patched, but I'm still interested about what the problem is about and what you have to do to achieve the "bricked" Wii U

O-o. . . good thing I don't play online much. . .

(JASON I'M STARTLED!)

This was patched a long time ago, for anyone who is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back