Favorite Animal Crossing Version - Gamecube, Wii, DS, or 3DS?

• Thread starter Catstew
  • Start date
I have only played Animal Crossing: Wild World and Animal Crossing: New Leaf but I prefere New Leaf to Wild World, they are both really fun games though...

Wild World has sentimental value to me because it was the first Animal Crossing game I played. I was only just born when the GameCube version came out.

The GC version is tough to beat with all those free NES games

It was so great, just going on Wild World and having it there for when I got bored. I've grown up with Animal Crossing in my life. Even my dad played Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City when he lost his job.It's always been there for me. I'm not really having the same experience with New Leaf as I had with Wild World. I've only had the game... Well, let's see... I got New Leaf on UK release date, because I live there, and it's January 7th today, I had New Leaf for six months on the 14th of December, and it'll be the 7-month anniversary in about a full week. Because if you double 7, you get 14. I'm pretty sure you knew that already. Sorry for the maths lesson...

I've played all but the GameCube version (I actually have played the Japanese Nintendo 64 game aswell), but the only one I actually invested much time into was Animal Crossing: New Leaf. So....yeah. New Leaf.

the 3ds acnl. i have only played acnl and the ds version. but the wii one looks ok also. but i am not sure about gamecube it looks kinda boring and no internet online play.

the 3ds acnl. i have only played acnl and the ds version. but the wii one looks ok also. but i am not sure about gamecube it looks kinda boring and no internet online play.

The capability of visiting people's towns was a big plus with Wild World and the games following it.

The capability of visiting people's towns was a big plus with Wild World and the games following it.

It was a big plus for the GC version too, although swapping memory cards isn't as convenient as visiting online.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
It was a big plus for the GC version too, although swapping memory cards isn't as convenient as visiting online.
I agree.;)

Reactions: TAG
I've never played it but I'm guessing for me it wouldn't be one of the previous nintendo consoles because of the sketchy graphics and so on - I've seen the 3ds one and i would get that on - its 3d ! + graphics

i think that a 3ds and ds ac game where you can link it would be cool. but they wont,

how would you visit with out playing as the other persons char?

Wild World is my favourite. I love New Leaf, but it really feels like I'm just playing Wild World with a graphical enhancement and better online capabilities. I was hoping for a little more with regards to changes.

Wild World is my favourite. I love New Leaf, but it really feels like I'm just playing Wild World with a graphical enhancement and better online capabilities. I was hoping for a little more with regards to changes.

wild world was wii right? did it have the same amount of events? or was it less. also did you have jingle in your town at christmas or was it different.

wild world was wii right? did it have the same amount of events? or was it less. also did you have jingle in your town at christmas or was it different.
No, Wild World was the DS game. I don't remember regarding events, but I believe it was pretty close.

I bought the GameCube version a while ago. I haven't played it lately, (I have been considering it, I might play later) but it's really good. :D

how would you visit with out playing as the other persons char?

Just bring your memory card.

To be honest, I disliked the Nintendo DS and Wii's Animal Crossing, I'm not sure, if at that time :I just had no interest in games like that, or it maybe just felt annoying and a waste of time. But I despised those two games, and it made me look down on the Animal Crossing franchise for a while, until I played New Leaf, which I love. So my favorite is Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS), the game is amazing, I love the online interactions, the items in the game. But this is what I liked the most about ACNL, something that separates it from the other dull Animal Crossing life, visiting the island, and playing fun mini-games online or even earn bells. :love:

Reactions: 3dsatackman
i am thinking of getting the ds one, do you think that i should just skip it? also is there the island in the ds version?

Now that I have a 3DS, I can now get a chance to try New Leaf. The game looks like it will be fun, from the videos I watched.

if you get it i can help you out. i have got a guide book for it, :p it is such a huge game that i got one :) i would recomend it.

Back