Favorite Monster Hunter game

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the only Monster Hunter game that I've played. I guess that's my favorite by default. What about you guys? What is your favorite Monster Hunter game?

I also am a noobie to the series, which by default also makes my favorite MH3U. :3

I also have only one Monster Hunter game (are we cursed? :p) and that's Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Apart from the kinda skimpy character customization it's a good game.

Same here! :D
Well, maybe our second game will be Monster Hunter 4 then! :p

haha! Well, I only have the Demo for MH3U so far but I will download the full game soon like tomorrow xD So, yep it's my favorite as well. It's just freaking awesome. Finally, something else to look forward to other than Zelda and Pokemon.

I've only played Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Monster Hunter Tri (Wii). Both were just great, and I really wish I had gotten into this series earlier (if only the games had come out on more Nintendo consoles). I'm happy Nintendo secured that 3 Monster Hunter game contract with Capcom. I'm hoping they just decided to buy out the whole company since I don't want to buy some other console just to play Monster Hunter.

Well, the best Monster Hunter game I have played on a Nintendo console was Monster Hunter 3. But on a non-Nintendo console ? Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP), because... DLC quests that grants you overpowered armors, you have some of the maps used in MH3, and way more monsters (you also have chromatic monsters that gives even more overpowered stuff ;)), but it didn't have online multiplayer.

But I'll see if Monster Hunter 4U will be able to beat MHP 3rd. In any case, I hope it'll have free DLC quests.

I think it will because the DLC was pretty well-received pretty much everywhere. It also keeps the game interesting far after its release. Especially now that their will be a large, online community, Capcom will want to make sure it does a good job of player retention. DLC quests keep players who've already put hundreds of hours into the game come back for more (although I hope the DLC is a bit more polished and more varied than what we got for MH3U).

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I've played a little bit of MHFU and I'm liking it better than 3U so far (maybe because I've played 3U so much xD)

I've played a little bit of MHFU and I'm liking it better than 3U so far (maybe because I've played 3U so much xD)

Or because there's more monsters in MHFU than in MH3U (Yes, MHFU has more monsters than MH3U)? But what I regret in these ones are the lack of online play. We can't have everything, if even MHP3rd has no online multiplayer, after all.

Every MH game has had online play in some way. The PSP games needed AdHoc, though.

Every MH game has had online play in some way. The PSP games needed AdHoc, though.

Yes, the problem is that to play online on the PSP MH games, it required a homebrew or a plugin, and you needed to keep your PSP plugged to your PC, and when you have a small USB cable, well, it's a pain.

That's one of the reason why I'm thankful that Capcom finally decided to make MH4U playable online.

I've also only played MH3U, on my 3Ds, so it kind of has to be my favorite. It was a great game though, I'd recommend it. I did have a tiny bit of trouble with one specific part though, haha. It had a good plot and great graphics. I'm considering buying previous versions.

I've also only played MH3U, on my 3Ds, so it kind of has to be my favorite. It was a great game though, I'd recommend it. I did have a tiny bit of trouble with one specific part though, haha. It had a good plot and great graphics. I'm considering buying previous versions.

Well, hope you have a PSP, because there was many MH games on that system. And if you can read Japanese, consider getting MHP 3rd. Otherwise, the most complete in my taste was MHFU on the PSP.

And, also, keep some money, you'll need for MH4U, who's going to be epic.

I can read a lot of Japanese, and I have a PSP

MH4U is going to have more monsters than any other Monster Hunter game to date (88 so far). That's not even counting the monsters Capcom has yet to confirm. I'm excited to see what cool new monsters will make an (re)appearance (hopefully some of the older ones since I haven't played the PSP games).

yeah me too I've only played monster hunter 3 on PSP so i guess its my favorite by default
Ive seen the trailer for monster hunter 4 and it looks sooo cool, and multiplayer will be quite cool too !
if i get it, it will probably be my favorite monster hunter game but we will have to wait till it comes out ^^

MH Tri was never on PSP lol

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate by default as well. I just love the little companions that follow us throughout our journey. I wish I could hunt along other people so it doesn't take so long to gather the necessary parts. The friends that I usually play with usually have their own agendas, but online coop would be great like the Wii U (Atleast, I believe that the wii has the online features)!

Back