Favorite Monster Hunter game

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
From the looks of it I seem to be alone in that I started playing monster hunter with the first game on the PS2

I really dug Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii. (i redownload the 3DS demo. i'm broke. lol) It was something i'd never played (and it came with the classic controller pro, so bonus. lol) when i went on my first hunt, i got bored because i wasn't coming across anything. however, once i crossed some invisible barrier and came across a giant carnivore that made me look like a lego minifig (may be over exaggerating just a little.) and chased me all the way back to the safety of my home base, i was hooked. The game is freaking cool. Can'tWait for MHU4. gonna be so cool. :)

i have MH3U as well.pretty good game

My favorite is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for PSP it was the first Monster Hunter game I played, and I have spent many hours in that game.

Freedom Unite on PSP played like 600 hours on it!!!! Hated the Congalala.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is my prefered one...probably because its the only one i actually played lol :D

Well, I can tell you that the name Monster Hunter was sounding on my head for quite a long time but, actually I ignored it for a longer time hahah It was just a day that it starter humming in my head so I grabbed the wiimote and started playing it on my wii system. Soon after I could buy the 3ds system and downloaded a demo form MH3U. It was just a matter of time that I dropped the wii one to change it for the one in the 3ds system, and guess what?? I am still playing it, it is just amazing! The only thing I hate about it is that we don't have internet connection on the 3ds game. But I am glad to know that on the upcoming MH4 we will!!

I only have played MHU4 the demo so that one is my favourite game but since it is the newest Monster Hunter game that is coming out it is the best plus it is a 3d game and has a set of good gameplay.

Ive only played the demos of monster hunter 4u and 3u so I guess my favorite game is the mh4u demo

From the looks of it I seem to be alone in that I started playing monster hunter with the first game on the PS2
You're not, that's the first mh I played as well
But I'd say my fave is still fu :)

Gotta be MH3U for me as well, and I am terminally ADDICTED to it.

Now in the current time , I would say the Monster Hunter 4 for the 3ds . It really has the very detailed environment I would expect from a Monster Hunter series , of course . I love the gameplay controls and the diversity of different type of Hunters that you can choose from . The only thing quite bad was learning the controls , but with that away , you can fully enjoy the game . This is my favorite probably in the Monster Hunter series because it was my first but I hope to see more in the series:)

4U is my favorite, hands down.

Reactions: Iridium Winter
My favourite is monster hunter 4 Ultimate

Last edited by a moderator:
I started with Freedom on PSP but didn't like the control scheme. Then I got 4U and loved it. Then I tried 3U but it felt like a downgrade (lack of item sets for example) so I wasn't able to enjoy it. Then I got X and even with the new features, it also felt like a downgrade (no G-Rank) so I didn't like it either (plus the fact the new equipment upgrading system is annoying).

So for now, 4U wins, but maybe MHXG or MHGG would win in the future :D

Mine is monster hunter 4 ultimate, It's just the largest game on the 3ds handheld console, not only that it's a amazing game. The sets of armor you can obtain and the weapons are amazing and you can tell the creators put a lot of dedication into this game. But looking at the monster hunter generations trailer, I think I'm gonna have a new favorite.

While I haven't played much monster hunter, I've played 2 Demos of it, and I have to say I really enjoy the 4G Demo. I like being able to travel with people that also have the demo and do quest. Very entertaining

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate By default. It's the first Monster Hunter Game I played, so I don't really know much about the other games except 3U. Its cool how they made 3U for Wii U as well, but that was only because the 3DS version couldn't use internet. I think I would like 4U better anyways, Even if I played the other games. The only thing I really wish they would bring back is underwater fights, it was like the coolest thing ever.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is my favorite game by default. Cause it's the only Monster hunter game I have. I'm liking it, even though I was pretty sure it was not gonna be my type of game :3

Monster Hunter Tri is my favourite and is pretty much the only one I enjoyed as well. I wish I could enjoy MH4U to be able to play with you guys but I don't .__.

Back