Favorite Retro Nintendo Game?

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
BjFauble

BjFauble

Fighting in a Sack
Banned User
I've been playing a lot of virtual console games lately and it got me thinking about what my favorite "retro" Nintendo game is. This seems like a thread that's been made but I couldn't find anything similar...

Keep in mind I consider retro to be N64/GBC ~ and older, but that's just me.

My favorite older game is, honestly, The Legend of Zelda (NES). I remember playing it on my Gameboy Advance when I was 4 and being completely engrossed in it. :panda: Something about the vast and somewhat confusing overworld just fills me with nostalgia.

Reactions: faustine
Well it's safe to say I've played the whole beginning of the Mario series (NES remakes and GB) and after playing Lost Levels last year it's the 8-bit sound effects/music that really add nostalgia (that and Blue version's graphics). And F-1 Race for the GB is probably my favorite because of the interesting racing game physics (like F-Zero but with indy cars).

Reactions: Kakea
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Reactions: Skito209
One of my favorite is Mighty Final Fight. The soundtrack is catchy, and I love the characters so much. Finished this game many times XD

Super Mario Land for the Gameboy. I remember 6 year old me trying to pass Chai Kingdom. By the way, that was the very first Mario game I have ever cleared :D

One of my favorite is Mighty Final Fight. The soundtrack is catchy, and I love the characters so much. Finished this game many times XD

Wow, I was just thinking about that game yesterday believe it or not! I have it for the GBA - Capcom Classics Mini Mix. It's been a while, so I should play it again.

Reactions: dwikrid
Balloon Fight, Joy Mech Fight, Super Smash Bros., and Super Mario 64 were a few of my favorites list. I just like competitive multiplayer games in general. Super Mario 64 isn't a multiplayer game, but it was a great adventure game.
If I could only choose one though, it'd be Super Smash Bros.

I have so many it's hard to decide, but for now I'll go with Dragon Warrior III this was probably one of the best JRPGs I've ever played, this was for the NES and released in 1992, I love the entire class system, and teaching your character multiple skills, and that storyline was amazing. :love:

It's tough to remember all these games I've played when I was younger, Dragon Warrior III is one that I'll definitely remember.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

same here. An unexpected twist to the usual series. I got to the final boss (Smithy) but I couldn't seem to beat him. =/

It's so difficult to decide one game, so I'll list my favorites.
1. Super Mario World
2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Super Mario 64
4. Pokemon FireRed
5. Zelda: A Link to the Past
6. Final Fantasy (Known as FF6 outside japan)

Reactions: xmenpkmntrainer
Yoshis island!! On the snes, god that was fun, and donkey kong country 2, super mario kart.

I also played Pokemon Stadium 2 a lot that was the funnest game of all time, and donkey kong 64.

That's why I'm really enjoying the NES Remix games - bite sized nuggets of my favorite 8-bit classics! The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Metroid, Super Mario 2 & 3, etc. So many great classics!

Definitely Super Mario World. It was the first game I really remember playing and I use to play it all the time with my dad. I really like all 3 DKC games as well. It's a shame we probably won't see them on VC though :(

I really like all 3 DKC games as well. It's a shame we probably won't see them on VC though :(

You never know. It's definitely a possibility, Donkey Kong Land (Rare) was released on the 3DS VC in Japan a few months ago. I would love to be able to play the DKC original series, never have.

That's good to know, I guess there's hope after all!

You're really missing out on the best set on Donkey Kong games there is. The first 2 were really nostalgic because of the amazing soundtrack and level designs.

Reactions: TAG
That's good to know, I guess there's hope after all!

You're really missing out on the best set on Donkey Kong games there is. The first 2 were really nostalgic because of the amazing soundtrack and level designs.

Who doesn't love Aquatic Ambience ... :)

Reactions: Artisan and Impulse
Easily one of the best songs in that game. When I heard it in DKC Tropical Freeze I just had to stop and listen to it for a while lol

Reactions: TAG
Link's Awakening for sure! At first I was like: Meh, the story is okay I guess, but the end was so beautiful ^_^ and the Ballad of the Windfish is one of my favourite tunes ever, it has really something unique to it :)

Reactions: Kakea and TAG
My favorite retro games were: super mario world, super mario 64, ocarina of time+majoras mask and pokemon gold and sapphire :)

Majoras mask. So scary and settling at the same time XD

Reactions: Kakea
Back