Favorite Retro Nintendo Game?

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
my favorites were Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3, Duck Hunt, Bionic Commando, Captain Skyhawk, Contra andSuper C, Zelda 1 and 2 (the latter of which is severely underrated), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game, and a much later purchase, To The Earth, which is one of the best light gun games I've ever played on any system. I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting;

I LOVE TETRIS on the Gameboy. I have got up to level 9 and I am still playing it!

Ahhh... the old school games...super mario brothers,earthbound,pokemon.The games that brought us the games now.we all have ups and downs in these types of situations.my worst old school game:e.t. i know, i know, the graphics weren't good back in the days. but the game itself,no...just no...favorite: mario and sonic. those games were pretty good. 2 italian plumbers saving a princess from a mutant turtle. and a blue spiky hedgehog that saves the from a really chubby dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Super Mario 64 but for some reason Mario Party and Mario Kart are more fun...
I can't seem to choose between those..
Unfortunately i never had the legend of zelda games on there and i never played one from the N64 :(
I should lol

I would have to say super mario bros 3 if you are talking nes. It is just really unique and playable today. You can practically play this in 20 years and still have fun with it. I think wii u games will still look amazing in 10 years, maybe 20 years. Nintendo is the best I tell you.

Mega Man X, Contra 3, and Super Metroid

My favorite are: Chrono trigger, TMNT turtles in time, Earthbound (of course), Ducktales 1&2, Mega man 2 (along with X 1,2&3), and Zombies ate my neighbor

Earthbound!!!

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

That's is one of my favorite and also chrono trigger that game is so epic the many endings you can do and also I liked the frog with the sword

Is it fair to assume Nintendo 64 as retro? If that's the case Imma have to go with Pokemon Snap.

It was one of those easy pick up and play games that engulfed me in one of my favorite fantasy worlds on a different level. I wasn't training the Pokemon for bloodsport, I was just taking photos of them in their natural environment. I felt like some sorta artsy Pokemon hipster. It was a different outlook, and I would be TOTALLY ready for a sequel of this game on the 3DS.

SERIOUSLY. MY BODY IS READY NINTENDO.

tumblr_nj4c73i9IH1s3ksnzo1_540.png

Pokemon Ruby, my first pokemon game so I have many good memories about it
Also Mario Land and some Zelda games like Link Between World's

I've been playing a lot of virtual console games lately and it got me thinking about what my favorite "retro" Nintendo game is. This seems like a thread that's been made but I couldn't find anything similar...

Keep in mind I consider retro to be N64/GBC ~ and older, but that's just me.

My favorite older game is, honestly, The Legend of Zelda (NES). I remember playing it on my Gameboy Advance when I was 4 and being completely engrossed in it. :panda: Something about the vast and somewhat confusing overworld just fills me with nostalgia.

The hell was I saying, my favorite classic Nintendo game is Ocarina of Time. Next would be Super Mario 64.

Oh man, this is a really hard one, because i like all sorts of classic games, i guess mine would be tetris for the snes, since that was the first game i had, and it was pretty dang fun, but i also like super mario world, yoshi's island, a link to the past, zelda for the nes, i even like mega man 1, despite the fact that i still cant beat it, also though, super contra is a fun one that not many people know of, because it came out kind of late for the nes, and is always over shadowed by contra. Im just gonna, not answer this one :p forget tetris lol, i like too many classic games, and some people were saying stuff for the gameboy advance and N64, i cant even make up my mind on snes/nes games xD

my favorite retro games that were on nintendo consoles would be the classic megaman games for nes, mega man x games for snes, super mario bros 3, the legend of zelda 1 and 2, ninja gaiden, turles in time on snes, super mario world, and so much more. There are lot more games that are good for the nes, snes, and so on and that there are some people that dont know about land are rearly good and fun like for example metal storm or little samson

My favorite retro Nintendo game was the first and original The Legend of Zelda . It was really a hard and old school game but even though of all this it still manages to be a fun game I liked and played over and over and over . It is a nice game really and I still play it and plan to get it for my 3ds through Club Nintendo after I see the Elite Status Rewards . I like the design of the game and especially the music too :singing:

My favorite classic Nintendo game (and one of my favorite games of all time) is Earthbound. It's a really fun game. It has happy, sad, funny, etc. moments. Some of the characters have funny dialogue. The battles are also super fun. Earthbound is an amazing and really fun game in my opinion.

Reactions: Kakea
I am a big fan of the retro Pokemon and The Legend of Zelda games. I really like the pixely graphics and just how simple the games were. My favorites would be the Original Pokemon red and original Legend of Zelda game.

Reactions: Kakea
Lately I've been feeling nostalgia for Megaman NES and Super Mario Bros 3..

I had a few favorites around the time, whether it's the Original Pokémon games or the Super Mario Bros. Trilogy. Perhaps my most favorite retro game of all time would be Tetris Attack for the SNES. I had so many memories playing this game when I was a kid and I was really good at it! I wish Nintendo would release it for the Wii U Virtual Console, or at least make some kind of remake for the Wii U or the 3DS!

Now I KNOW which game I Super Mario Bros 3 and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3!

Back