Favorite Retro Nintendo Game?

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
Spider-Man 2 on the GameCube, Melee, Turtles in Time for Super Nintendo, Mega Man 2, and Fire Emblem GBA.

I think my new favorite is Castlevania. Let me tell you, this game made me rage so much that I couldn't wait to beat it. And I did, without save stating, making it a double milestone in my life. Even though I beat it, I decided to continue to play it and restart once I get to Dracula. Basically, I always continue to play each stage, even the Grim Reaper, and start over once I make it to Dracula's coffin. Fun game, but very hard.

Reactions: Kakea
I think my new favorite is Castlevania. Let me tell you, this game made me rage so much that I couldn't wait to beat it. And I did, without save stating, making it a double milestone in my life. Even though I beat it, I decided to continue to play it and restart once I get to Dracula. Basically, I always continue to play each stage, even the Grim Reaper, and start over once I make it to Dracula's coffin. Fun game, but very hard.
Did you ever play Ninja Turtles:Mahatten Project, Ninja Garden, Contra or Kid Niki?
They're kinda hard also! :D

Reactions: Derp
Did you ever play Ninja Turtles:Mahatten Project, Ninja Garden, Contra or Kid Niki?
They're kinda hard also! :D
I played and beat Contra. I actually liked those games, although I only played the first two. They are hard, especially the second one since you have to dodge more things than usual, and they are there to eat at your lives. I am currently playing Ninja Gaiden, and it is very hard. It has the same issue with Castlevania, which is getting knocked back. But this one goes way too far and sends you back to the beginning of the level if you die at the boss. I can't even beat the final boss, and when you die, you have to play the last 3 stages again just to get another shot.

I played and beat Contra. I actually liked those games, although I only played the first two. They are hard, especially the second one since you have to dodge more things than usual, and they are there to eat at your lives. I am currently playing Ninja Gaiden, and it is very hard. It has the same issue with Castlevania, which is getting knocked back. But this one goes way too far and sends you back to the beginning of the level if you die at the boss. I can't even beat the final boss, and when you die, you have to play the last 3 stages again just to get another shot.
I know!! I've played it before on NES and on virtual console.It's was as hard as I remember it!!! :D but so much fun and nostalgic! I actually did get to the last boss but... something happened,I had to stop playing(my bros went to the spot I quicksaved and played from there..cheaters) Is Castlevania VERY slightly easier?: you don't get sent too far back?
(I never got to play it...)

I know!! I've played it before on NES and on virtual console.It's was as hard as I remember it!!! :D but so much fun and nostalgic! I actually did get to the last boss but... something happened,I had to stop playing(my bros went to the spot I quicksaved and played from there..cheaters) Is Castlevania VERY slightly easier?: you don't get sent too far back?
(I never got to play it...)
Yeah Castlevania is somewhat easier than Ninja Gaiden. For one thing, you have checkpoints just like in Ninja Gaiden. In Castlevania, if you die at the boss, you get sent back to the last checkpoint, which is usually the room before you fight the boss. Only when you lose all your lives and you have to continue will the game send you back to the beginning of the stage. But Castlevania has stiff controls, so that is what makes the game a bit hard. You can only jump in one direction, and you can't control yourself when jumping.

Ohhhh,that's what makes it hard as as Ninja Gaiden, it's seems easier but the controls change it ALOT...

I love the entire Mother Series, but because I'm going through my first Mother 1 playthrough and loving it I'm going to say Mother 1. The game may be extremely difficult and almost unfair at points, but I'm in love with the characters. The fandom really helps, because Ninten is a big nerd and Loid is tiny and Ana is just amazing and I love all of them.

I love the entire Mother Series, but because I'm going through my first Mother 1 playthrough and loving it I'm going to say Mother 1. The game may be extremely difficult and almost unfair at points, but I'm in love with the characters. The fandom really helps, because Ninten is a big nerd and Loid is tiny and Ana is just amazing and I love all of them.
I loved playing both on emulator and on Wii U!!! It's so much fun!!! And is unfair! There ARE enemies that have one hit kill moves who could use them to hit everyone in one turn! Make sure you grind ALOT before you get to Mt Itoi!!!

Reactions: Chronal

I have Earthbound on my Wii U, and I recently got Earthbound beginnings, and I have to admit both of those games are very awesome. I recently started to get into Star Fox starting from the SNES games as well as the N64 one (I have the 3DS remake) but I will always be a Pokémon Fan (The First Pokémon game I ever got was Pokémon Red.)

I have Earthbound on my Wii U, and I recently got Earthbound beginnings, and I have to admit both of those games are very awesome. I recently started to get into Star Fox starting from the SNES games as well as the N64 one (I have the 3DS remake) but I will always be a Pokémon Fan (The First Pokémon game I ever got was Pokémon Red.)
The first one I got was Pokemon Yellow! My cousin gave it to me,I remember trying HARD to see and play it on Gameboy Advance and my brothers letting me play it on Gameboyadvance SP! (I did good the first time I played the game, but I could never beat the Elite 4 again after playing later generation games and coming back)

Donkey Kong Country 1-3. The amount of creativity and effort put into the graphics, animations and level designs is truly amazing.

Donkey Kong Country 1-3. The amount of creativity and effort put into the graphics, animations and level designs is truly amazing.
Do you like the remakes too for Wii U? :Donkey Ion Country Returns and Artic Freeze? Or they don't stand as well as the prequel did in it's time?

Or they don't stand as well as the prequel did in it's time?

Basically :'(

I like super Mario bros 2/USA for NES. I thought it was lots of fun.

Me too:it's mechanics were used in alot of later games(including one of my favorites on Game Boy Advance,Mario VS Donkey Kong!!!) :D

Reactions: Eric Cartman
Back