Favorite SNES Game and why

• Thread starter Impulse
  • Start date
Impulse

Impulse

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
For me it was Super Mario World, more for the memories rather the quality of the game. I consider that game the very first one I ever played

A link to the past, for sure. That was the highlight of the SNES console. Such a great classic. <3

That's easy me it was Street Fighter 2 Turbo why because it was the first beat em up that got me addicted to those type of games.I still play beat em ups today but they are not the same as i think the old beat em ups where much better

I have not play many snes games. The system is like made in the 90s :p However, I do enjoy Super Mario World and Street Fighter 2.

Yoshi's Island. No matter how many times I complete it it's always a great game, plus who doesn't love Yoshi?

Once more, I cannot just post one game. I love multiple SNES games too much to just pick one. So instead I'll post a list of my favorites.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - One of the best RPG games of the SNES. Square Soft did an amazing job and taking Mario and making it into a RPG. I played this game countless times and loved it every time. Great game play, great characters (Geno!), awesome music, and an amazing secret boss.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - My first Final Fantasy game and one of my favorite games to play as a child. I thought it was extremely fun and interesting, and still do. I see a lot of hate on this game, but I don't think it deserves it. I enjoyed the game play and having multiple weapons. Had some memorable music as well.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - What is there to say? One of the best LoZ games (the best in my opinion). Great game play, awesome dungeons, plenty to do and a great story.

Yoshi's Island - An amazing game that focused on my favorite Mario character. Such a fun game with a really cute theme and awesome music.

Donkey Kong Country/Donkey Kong Country 2 - Amazing game play, awesome music, and had the feature of co-op.

Final Fantasy VI (III) - I never owned it, but I borrowed it for a while from a family friend. Really enjoyed it from what I got to play. It wasn't until the PS1 port that I got to play it again.

Super Mario World - Lots of fun worlds and ability for two-player. Led to hours of fun.

Super Mario All-Stars - It had Super Mario Bros. 3, what other reason would I need? =P

Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past is one of the best Zelda games for a reason, the combat is simple and there's a bigger emphasis on puzzle solving and exploration, the dungeon design is great, the boss battles are memorable, the game is an example of a perfect Zelda game and is a must own for any SNES library.

Clock Tower is a psychological horror point and click game and honestly it doesn't get the praise it deserves. It came out before Resident Evil, so its definitely responsible in helping mold the survival horror genre. The game has some impressive graphics for the time and it has a nice combination of horror and puzzle solving, the game has around 9 endings so it definitely has some replay value to it, it is a must own but sadly its only available in Japan, so you're stuck playing a Rom or finding a English reproduction cart.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is a pretty fun run and gun on the SNES. It has some great music and like Clock Tower is one of the best looking games on the system, the only problem this game really has is there's no save feature, you'll have to a password system just like on many NES games, but other than if you want to play a good zombie game that isn't Resident Evil, you might just enjoy this gem.

Super Mario all Stars + world:this game had all of the awesome mario game from mario 1 to the new super mario world this had it all

My favorite SNES game would have to be Chrono Trigger, just because it's the only one I've played to completion. It's also one of the few video games overall that I've beaten more than once. :cat:

My favorite SNES game would have to be Kirby Super Star! :D
That was one of the first SNES games I played, and also because It have many games in one cartridge :woot:

It's very hard for me to pinpoint exactly which game was my all-time favourite on the SNES, but the two that immediately come to mind are Sunset Riders (a Metal Slug-like run 'n' gun game) and Final Fight (one of the most remember-this-game-it-was-definitive games of all time). :)

I would say Super Mario All-Stars because I've played each game in it in some form or another. Yoshi's Island was great too. I want to say Earthbound and F-Zero even though I haven't played them yet but I know that they are great games..

mine is mario rpg its my favorite mario game and my and my favorite geno i just really like the game its just fun

I have never played a SNES game. But I have played NES games. They are so fun. My favorite NES game is Metroid. It is so fun. You have to beat all the little monsters to win. That is why it is my favorite.

Earthbound, it's one of the best RPG's, not exactly a masterpiece like Chrono Trigger but it's definitely an amazing and icredible game. In fact its not a game, it's an Experience. Everything in this game is memorable the moment you turn the game on.

Super Mario World! That was the first Mario game I've ever played, and I feel so much nostalgia every time I start the game the title theme starts playing! Kirby Super Star and Donkey Kong Country 2 are close seconds though. :)

Contra. It's the best game to play multiplayer, and me and my cousin spent hours trying to beat it. We sucked though lol.

Mario Paint is my favorite SNES game (besides Yoshi's Island). I remember painting a lot of pictures and creating animations and stuff as a kid. I still sometimes play it on emulators. It reminds me of the good old days.

A Link to the past. Compared to the two zelda games before it, a Link to the past was so improved. More creative Dungeons With great bosses, the Music was amazing, and the game had a great story. I am still surprised that Nintendo managed to make as so good game out of an old console, but I Guess games isnt always about having the latest Technology.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past this game is amazing in every aspect, and is actually my favorite Zelda. The dungeons are awesome, enemies are well designed along with all of the sprites in the game. It is still eye pleasing to this today. The music is superb and has some of the best music of the franchise aside from Ocarina. The Overworld is awesome, and it is cool seeing what things would look in the Dark World being able to shift with the mirror. Overall it is my favorite game of all time, it just has this charm compared to any other game I have played that makes me enjoy it so much

Reactions: Ace
Back