Favorite SNES Game and why

• Thread starter Impulse
  • Start date
Well, I'd have to divide my answer into two so, here goes:

When I first played the SNES: I think back then my favorite game was Mystic Quest. Looking backing on it, it was a pretty bad game in the Final Fantasy series, but at the time I thought it was best game in the world, especially since my older brother would almost never let me play it. I'd played other games, like Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World, but they couldn't compare (at the time) to saving the world from the Dark King.

Now when I play the SNES: If I were choose my favorite now, it would be Chrono Trigger. I didn't actually encounter this gem of a game until longer after the golden age of the SNES, and I only found it by pure chance. I had been getting some roms to keep me busy on a trip and this one was near the top of the list. I started playing it an instantly fell in love. The music score, the plot twists, and the art by Akira Toriyama led me conclude that it just could not be beat.

I never had an SNES before, but my three favorite games are Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and Super Mario RPG.

Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country and Harvest Moon. But the more I type, the more I say to myself this list could go on and on and on, and I can't say if it is nostalgia or if these game were really awesome, I'd need to pick them up and try again.

Well for me, it's Final Fantasy 6.

For me the game is evidence enough that you don't need good graphics just to create an awesome game, all you need is an epic story and some epic music!

For me it´s Super Metroid

Why?:It had special gameplay that din´t exist elsewhere to this time,it had epic music and looked awesome.

My favorite game on the SNES was Chrono Trigger hand down. It's one of the best RPG ever created for any console. Such a great story, amazing gameplay, and pretty decent graphics for a retro console. I still play the game sometimes for alternate endings which in this game are more than 10.

Earthbound because of all it's pop-culture references, funky upbeat soundtrack and gaming mechanics which were unknown to anyone at the time. It really is a well polished game that deserves more recognition.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars because it felt really different then the rest of the games on the console, also the first Mario RPG so if this game was never invented between Nintendo and Square then Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi series may have never happened :(

For me it would have to be Super Mario Kart. As a kid, I didn't know that adding the word, "Super" to the title of a SNES game was a thing, so I always asked, "Do we have normal Mario Kart?" (It may seem like a bland choice, but it was either mario kart, all-stars or a pool game by data east...)

I would say Super Mario RPG, because it made me live an RPG even don't knowing yet what the hell it was by that time. It was a rather different mario but a funny and perfect one.

Super Metroid, hands down. The only game i could easily get lost in for hours and not be able to get anywhere without a wiki. lol that game was brutally difficult, but amazingly detailed and rich. Once i got the Varia Suit, the Plasma Beam, The Speed Boost and the Space Jump Boots, i went directly into BEAST MODE! lol such a great game. they will never make a game that made me feel like Super Metroid did.

My favorite SNES game (and one of my favorite games of all time) is Earthbound. It's a really fun game, and has happy and sad moments. The game also has very funny moments. Some characters have funny dialogue. The battles are also super fun. Earthbound is an amazing and really fun game in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
My all time favorite would have to be any of the Final Fantasy Snes games. The turn based gameplay was amazing and the summoning was cool. Looking back at the first one in the game series and then the newest one that came out lets you know just how far technology has come since then.

My all time favorite would have to be any of the Final Fantasy Snes games. The turn based gameplay was amazing and the summoning was cool. Looking back at the first one in the game series and then the newest one that came out lets you know just how far technology has come since then.
I've always wanted to try one of the Final Fantasy SNES games. I think I'll pick one up soon. They look fun.

Easily Chrono Trigger, it's a classic that has aged well. If Xenoblade didn't exist, I'd list it as my favourite video game of all time.

I've always wanted to try one of the Final Fantasy SNES games. I think I'll pick one up soon. They look fun.

Out of the SNES ones I think 3 was my favorite. Loved Terra's esper form. :)

Final Fantasy blew my mind. There were so many awesome games for the SNES though. This game called super black bass fishing had me hooked for days. It was simple enough but I could never get the Whale sized bass in.

I love The Legend of Zelda : A link to the Past . It was a simply amazing game ! It was also very challenging and I like games that are challenging because it was just like that at the time . It was a great classic and I love the dungeon music and the bosses are very memorable . It is one of the greatest games that introduced items like the hookshot . It was recommended by everyone at that time and it was very colorful with memorable characters . I apparently didn't get it for the SNES but I got is for the Game Boy Advance tho

LOZ: Link to the Past cause wothout this there wouldnt be anymore Zelda games

My favorite SNES game would have to be A Link to the Past. I never had a SNES, bur my friend did. I would always go to his house and we would play it together, (taking turns). I really liked the graphics and the story line of the game.

I guess Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past is the best because it was the only one I have played, (I know sad right) and it is the best regardless. There are just so many things to do and collect. I love solving all the puzzles and temples in A link to the Past. Sad that Zelda games don't have multiplayer though :/

Back