Favorite SNES Game and why

• Thread starter Impulse
  • Start date
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past is my favorite SNES game, even though Super Metroid came close. As a Zelda fan, I actually did enjoy this, since it makes the items more useful and exploration even more important. For example, some bosses can only be beaten with an item from 2 dungeons ago and not the item you got in the current dungeon or maybe sometimes an item that you don't even get from a dungeon, making you explore.

Either Super Mario World or Super Metroid; probably the latter. I only played it just last year but it's such an amazing game.

A link to the past was a great game with an excellent plot and great dungeons, it provided the series with new concepts, such as travelling between the Overworld and Darkworld, it also had tons of dungeons, which could keep you occupied for a good chunk of time. Definitely the golden jewel of the SNES and a true classic to date.

I don't know. I recently downloading BlargSNES and was finally able to play F-Zero, EarthBound, Megaman X, NBA Jam (Fire Emblem and Samurai Shodown awaits) I've made a lot more progress in EarthBound so I guess it's alright. Megaman X is second and F-Zero is third.

Donkey Kong Country 2. An awesome platformer with super tight controls and one of the best video game soundtracks ever. I think one of the things that helps set it apart from the other games is the pirate theme. Everyone has peg legs and bandanas and its just really charming in a certain way. Its also fun seeking out all of the hidden treasures to get to the secret ending. The only negative i can really give it is that there's a large difficulty curve right after Krazy Kremland and there aren't any saves until halfway into the next world.

I'd say I'm having a good time with the Super Mario All Stars, (Though I own the Wii port) it was a part of my childhood. the times I played the SNES version. (Which belonged to somebody else.)

Super Mario World or Chrono Trigger. Super Mario World was and is a amazing game had quite a story had yoshi etc. Chrono trigger had amazing graphics a very complex story line and not to long of gameplay but amazingly long seeming

Definitely Final Fantasy VI for me! It's my favorite game of all time and I still play the SNES version, even though there have been so many remakes! It has an amazing story, lovely characters and great gameplay! Pretty much the ultimate game!

Super mario RPG, Super Mario World, Yoshi's island, Donkey Kong Country 1 2 and 3 i also liked the mario all stars pack because NES games, Yoshi's safari because its weird plus super scope lol, Earthbound because is just awesome, star fax, F-Zero and ummmm..... that is all :D

Earthbound hands down. The characters are so unique and I really love the music and combat system. I still need to finish it on VC however

Back