Favorite Super Smash Bros Game?

• Thread starter Ninja-Patty
  • Start date
I'd choose Ssb4. New characters, gorgeous graphics, (sorta faster paced) is all I could ask for. It's also a great game for newcomers to play because smash tour. I kind of actually like smash tour though..Getting off topic..Wii U Ssb4 because of the pick up and play function and the gorgeous added characters and stages.

Reactions: Ninja-Patty
as much as I am insanly enjoying the new installements, I still vote for brawl as my favorite ! I'm not a dedicated competitive player so brawl was the perfect Smash bros. for me ! it just screamed fanservice and Those subspace emesary cutscenes were the best traet you could give a nintendo fan !

Even though the new Smash Bros. is awesome, I think I would have to say that Melee is my favorite. Melee is what got me into this series. It's very nostalgic to me. Every time I play it, memories just come rushing into my head from when I played it when I was younger. Plus, there are tons of characters from that game that I wish were in the newer Smash Bros. installments.

Reactions: Hayleia and Ninja-Patty
My favorite is SSB 64 because it is the one I played the most, and became a good part of my childhood playing lots and lots of battles using Kirby who was a GOD in SSB 64 I remember always winning to everyone with Kirby hahaha. SSB Meelee and Brawl I didn't play them too much so I can't say many things about both probably if I would have played them more my opinion would change but that's not the story... Sooo... I keep with SSB 64.

I'm looking forward to recieve my copy of SSB 3DS I have played like 15 hours the demo and I think it's amazing! I can't wait more to get the full game in my hands!

I cannot decide between Melee or Sm4sh. Melee was a game changer, like a major upgrade to the original version for the n64, and sm4sh has a huge roster with the ability to have a figurine as a ally and a punching bag, while giving a fresh new look for solo competition. Brawl had its moments, while Project M spiced it up. And super smash flash 2? One of THE best alternatives. But Crusade seemed boring, especially that you have to use a keyboard, and that is no fun.

Reactions: Hayleia
Ny favorite one is probably ssb4 3ds version because it's the only one out of the three I've actually owned and played for a while. Wonder if in the future nintendo will start thinkin of making smash into a mature game with lots of Gore :eek:

SSB for the 3DS, it's portable and it's fast and the best one yet. I don't think the Wii U version is superior to it, even if I don't had a Wii U. The grass is just the same on the other side :p

I loved playing Super Smash Bros. Melee on the Gamecube. Seriously, there has beem no fighting game that has beaten the fun and joy that comes with playing Melee. It's just so fast-paced, all those wavedashes, combos, and jump-cancel tosses.
I fell in love with Melee, and I downloaded Project M on the Wii. I can say I have played Project M more than the original Brawl itself.

N64 Super Smash Bros- Rated E for Everyone

GameCube Super Smash Bros Melee- Rated T for Teen

Wii Super Smash Bros Brawl-Rated T for Teen

3ds Super Smash Bros 4-Rated Everyone 10+

Wii U Super Smash Bros 4-Rated Everyone 10+

Personally mine is Brawl for the Subspace Emissary and the introduction of Special Brawl plus the Character Rooster and Music themes and sounds were awesome! Another favorite would be the Wii U version basically for the newcomers and introducing my favorite characters like Greninja and Bowser Jr. Plus I love the 8 player Smash and Epic Music it got to offer!

Pretty much playing brawl would make me feel nostalgic since it brings back great memories from my childhood and I really don't bother to play since they disable online play forever and nobody plays it now these days... I focus a lot on the Wii U Version

Melee was my favorite because of wavedashing, shining, air dodging in a direction and especially because each character had different which made melee a great game.

I cannot decide between Melee or Sm4sh. Melee was a game changer, like a major upgrade to the original version for the n64, and sm4sh has a huge roster with the ability to have a figurine as a ally and a punching bag, while giving a fresh new look for solo competition. Brawl had its moments, while Project M spiced it up. And super smash flash 2? One of THE best alternatives. But Crusade seemed boring, especially that you have to use a keyboard, and that is no fun.
Yay ! Another SSF2 player :D

My list would probably be this way :
1) Project M. Because Melee gameplay, Brawl graphics, annoying AI.
2) Melee and 4 tied. Because one has an amazing gameplay but lacks features, the other one has a restrained gameplay but amazing features.
4) SSF2. Because it has an interesting gameplay and can be played online.
5) Smash 64. I never played it but it is surely better than Brawl since it had an option to disable random. Maybe it I tried it it would rank higher, I don't know.
6) Super Tripping Bros Brawl. You jump twice with Falco, you can cook pasta while waiting for him to land back on stage. In the meantime, Fox tries to dash to get under you and charge an up smash but falls for no reason due to a random number generator. Useless game.

Yay ! Another SSF2 player :D

My list would probably be this way :
1) Project M. Because Melee gameplay, Brawl graphics, annoying AI.
2) Melee and 4 tied. Because one has an amazing gameplay but lacks features, the other one has a restrained gameplay but amazing features.
4) SSF2. Because it has an interesting gameplay and can be played online.
5) Smash 64. I never played it but it is surely better than Brawl since it had an option to disable random. Maybe it I tried it it would rank higher, I don't know.
6) Super Tripping Bros Brawl. You jump twice with Falco, you can cook pasta while waiting for him to land back on stage. In the meantime, Fox tries to dash to get under you and charge an up smash but falls for no reason due to a random number generator. Useless game.

Number six doe

The 64 trailer made me lmao. I had never seen that before xD but I would say my favorite game is Melee by far. The fighting mechanics were just so much better, plus Roy was in it, and he's one of my favorite FE characters.

Reactions: Hayleia
I liked Brawl's adventure mode, but I think overall it was a slower game. Melee is more fast paced and allows for more tech, while I like smash 4 overall. I also really like Project M, which allows for tech, and has all the brawl characters with different moves than the ones in Brawl. PM is more competitive

Wii U by a long shot. I was even playing Melee before I got the Wii U version and I was still blown away. The new mods may not be great, but the tweaks to the basic gameplay and characters, as well as the stages make it completely worth it.

Well I have to say I consider myself quite lucky because I have been able to try almost all of them (the only one remaining is the wii u version of the game) and even though I am a big fan of what Brawl gave us on the wii, I think smash for the 3ds is much better, maybe the best I have tried. Anyway as i already told you, I still need to play smash for the wii u, but regarding content, characters, game modes, I think the 3ds one is the best!

This is one question I been wanting to know for a while. All my class mate tell me that melee was the best, but I thought that brawl was the best even though 3ds may have megaman its the only newcomer I liked brawl had snake,Lucas,lucario and Pokemon trainer and pit

Personally, mine is the original Super Smash Bros. on the Nintendo 64 :thumbsup:. That is just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smash Wii U by far

I think the Super smash bros Melee win this but for me i think Super smash bros 3ds and Wii u is great even
sakurai removed Ice climber, i wish there is dlc for ice climber.

The new super smash brothers is good but.. brawl definitely took the story line with the chacter s to a place it made sense in a way. The new one lacks in story mode and makes it hard to play by yourself

Back