Favorite Super Smash Bros Game?

• Thread starter Ninja-Patty
  • Start date
SSB Melee was a great SB game but I think that SSB4 takes the cake. The graphics are better, controls are smoother (not that melee's wasn't great.) and there are more challenges than you think!
After completing the first screen of challenges you are greeted with yet another one that contains much harder stuff.
There are also tons more characters to play as, although I would've preferred it if you didn't start off with so many characters. It make for less unlockable characters.

I would say that my favorite Super Smash Bros series game would be the newest Super Smash Bros for the Wii U and the 3ds but I would go for Super Smash Bros Brawl because it was the first game that I played of the series and I instantly liked it . I loved the idea of the game and the gameplay and especially the adventure mode though I never really finished the game since it was my friend's but still loved it :D

Nothing beats the original! I still play it atleast once a week with my cousin (and I still constantly beat him haha :p) him and I do enjoy the new one for 3DS and Wii U however, I have yet to play it on the Wii U though

Melee is still my favorite. Mainly because it's the only one with a replayable adventure mode. Brawl's subspace emissary was fun but there wasn't much reason to go back and play it again. Smash 4 didn't even have an adventure mode which was pretty disappointing, though I still enjoy 4 better than brawl.

call me stereotypical, but i think melee is the best, with the wiiu version right behind it

I loved the game play of the GameCube version but also loved the additional characters in the Wii version. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Brawl (which was built on the same engine) actually had tighter game play than the Wii version.....imho...

The first super smash brothers I played was on a wii I played it on a wii because my cousin showed me the game =) then I played super smash bros in the computer lol then I play it on 3ds it was really fun till my left and right button broke but either way it was really fun :)

Melee is probably my favorite. Mainly because it came out at the peak moment of my childhood so there is nostalgia topped on the fact that it was a good game. Wii U is what I play now though, I think that the versus itself is the best playing on the Wii U, but I think that Melee showed some of the greatest improvements from the previous installment, plus Melee's adventure mode was awesome. I do love Brawl though too because of the subspace emissary.

Since Sakurai announced that Sm4sh is his final Smash Bros. game, we can finally have a conclusion to decide which version is our favorite! To me, my favorite is forever Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The game has been part of my life forever, and I remembered when l first saw the roster, I selected Kirby only because l thought he was cute; l knew nothing about him. And the best memories of KOing my brother with multiple soccer balls, the unexpected yet funny glitches we found out of, such as going through walls, and some RPing a little bit (by little bit, l mean all the time), like making a house in the Green Greens, pretending Marth and Ike were brothers, and purple Toon Link was Toon Zelda. There's even more memories l remember. I mean, l love Sm4sh's version too, but it's just something about Brawl l love so much about. Maybe because of more detail in characters? The unique colors? Brighter isn't always better. Brawl and l had a huge connection together you know? Which is why Brawl is both my favorite version and video game for life. Can't wait to hear from yours. ^^

Of course that I would say that the latest game would be my choice since it does have the latest everything in general and is very more smooth in game play . It also has all the new characters and all so definitely I'm gonna choose this version of the game :p
I can see that. I also enjoyed the part that the gameplay is smoothe

I would've picked brawl but smash 4 has really gotten me hooked, and has eaten more hours in my life in less than a year than brawl did in 3. Plus smash 4 looks flat out beautiful (on the Wii U that is) and a lot of the characters are really unique and fun to learn, like Shulk and Mega Man!

Ssb4, it gave us Megaman, the return of MEWTWO, a fun classic mode, for glory to practice competitve smashing, and oh so much more! The graphics are better in every way, balancing was done RIP Meta Knight, DLC is a thing so we can get hope for characters that did not get In in the first place, and last but not least trophy shop and trophy rush are the best things ever! Cruel smash can die in a hole.

My favorite used to be Brawl as I played it with several of my friends(and owned them all) but the latest installment, Smash 4, is now my new favorite. It is now portable, which is something that I always wanted for a Smash game, and even gave us new characters such as Mega Man. Best thing is that my friends also have it, so we can play locally at school or online. Best thing yet!

When I got my Wii U and Smash came with it, I was so excited to play it..but I guess I was let down due to my really high expectations. Sure, fancy new graphics, an updated online mode, new characters, stages, and the idea of future DLC was awesome. But ultimately, I didn't play it nearly as long as I thought I would. I may play more when the tournaments update is released, but for now it just collects dust. I'm not sure what I expected, really. It just didn't feel like a new game to me.

That being said, my favorite game in the Smash series is Melee. It was the only Smash game (besides 64) that I didn't have to play alone. My family and I played it a lot together and it will also be near and dear to me for about the same reasons that @Mira said Brawl was her favorite. It's not about how great the games were, it's about the personal memories that you made on a game that makes it special to you. :cat:

Reactions: Mira
What is your guys favorite smash game and why?
Smash 64, Brawl, Melee or Smash 4?

Well, that question is tough. My original favorite was Melee, but then I got Brawl... And then Smash 4 came out. My favorite is Smash 4, though, because it has old features and new, sporting new and veteran characters. Although, this opinion will probably change in like 7 years when they announce Smash 5 or something, Smash 4 is the best of now.

Reactions: BQQ
Mine is smash 4 no doubt I mean with all of the charachters sandbox it makes for the best smash game ever in my opinion and I think it will go on for a long while again in my opinion anyway and I hope they mAke more smash titles and the only way they will make smash 5 is if they search for better graphics with all of this doc coming out.

I like Smash Bros 4 for 3ds and Wii u. This is because Masahiro even said that he would add
The melee speed and the brawl speed altogether to make it a great experience for intermediate and challenged players which was a nice touch and also because it introduces over 50 characters including DLC.

Well, that question is tough. My original favorite was Melee, but then I got Brawl... And then Smash 4 came out. My favorite is Smash 4, though, because it has old features and new, sporting new and veteran characters. Although, this opinion will probably change in like 7 years when they announce Smash 5 or something, Smash 4 is the best of now.
Yeah I used to like melee to this day becae it has a whole lot of competitive potential and has a cool and memorable cast of characters, but smash 4 combined ssbm and ssbb's ideas into one whole bundle. although what I don't like is how they removed story mode

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BQQ
Super Smash bros 4 for wiiu because With friends because there are lots of you can do with friends like have online tournaments and attend them and play some ranked matches. Also you can play with miis and custom stages and custom characters which i never do lol. Well and i love just playing with friends

I own all of the Smash Bros. games except for the original as I never owned a Nintendo 64, however the original is very fun.

In my opinion, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is the best smash bros, for both fun/casual gameplay and competitive gameplay. It has the largest roster, the most stages, and the largest amount of items, alongside refined physics and gameplay which make it incredibly fun.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is fun for casual, friendly matches but nothing much else. It's too slow to have interesting competitive matches.

Melee is seen as the best competitive smash by most, but the heavy dependence on glitches and fox in order to win just doesn't do it for me. Obviously there are players that do well who aren't fox but he is clearly the best character. The diversity in character choice isn't nearly as interesting as it is in Smash 4.

I haven't played the original too much but from what I've played it's probably my least favourite, although it is cool to play on the original stages. The controls are odd, too few characters and no side special.. it's just not the same for me.

So what do you all think? Which is your favourite Smash Bros game and for what reason?

Back