Favorite TV Shows? Movies?

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Well, I thought it was rare because here is rare.
Search "Cumbia", "Cumbieros", "Wachiturros", "Canis" or "Reggaetone" and you will see.
I searched Reggaetone because it was easier to say, clicked on images and well... uhm, *blushes* :oops:

I searched Reggaetone because it was easier to say, clicked on images and well... uhm, *blushes* :oops:

I had a lot of problems, I remember one day the kids on the school (I was 9) punched me once because I didn't like that type of music. (Wachiturros is the best example now, also there is another one called Nene Malo)

I had a lot of problems, I remember one day the kids on the school (I was 9) punched me once because I didn't like that type of music. (Wachiturros is the best example now, also there is another one called Nene Malo)
What!? Punch 'em right back. Show 'em it's rock you gotta like! :rage:
Really though, I feel very sorry for you. I hate those kinds of kids. I got bullied a lot when I was about four and in prep, but it stopped, and several years after that the kid who used to bully me came to the school I'd gone to and he'd become very timid himself for some reason and I bullied him back, even if it was kinda immature to do - I was ten or eleven - as revenge for all those years back. *evil lopsided grin*
I hate people who think everyone has to like what they like. Or at least, those who punch other people over them.

What!? Punch 'em right back. Show 'em it's rock you gotta like! :rage:
Really though, I feel very sorry for you. I hate those kinds of kids. I got bullied a lot when I was about four and in prep, but it stopped, and several years after that the kid who used to bully me came to the school I'd gone to and he'd become very timid himself for some reason and I bullied him back, even if it was kinda immature to do - I was ten or eleven - as revenge for all those years back. *evil lopsided grin*
I hate people who think everyone has to like what they like. Or at least, those who punch other people over them.

I going to a school 30 KM far away, when I have one at 200 meters...
Why? 4 years of bully made me change of school.

I going to a school 30 KM far away, when I have one at 200 meters...
Why? 4 years of bully made me change of school.
That's making me even sadder. You should be and most probably are 'friends with everyone' so no one has any beef with you - it worked for me - but if you ever get into a fight now, fight brutal and unfair and dead right serious. Be the hero of your own action video game.
My point is, the old 'ignore them' our parents used to tell us never works.

That's making me even sadder. You should be and most probably are 'friends with everyone' so no one has any beef with you - it worked for me - but if you ever get into a fight now, fight brutal and unfair and dead right serious. Be the hero of your own action video game.
My point is, the old 'ignore them' our parents used to tell us never works.

Well, that "friends with everyone" doesn't work here.
I use "It is better to be alone than in bad company." so... :Forever Alone:

Well, that "friends with everyone" doesn't work here.
I use "It is better to be alone than in bad company." so... :Forever Alone:
Why doesn't it work? It was pretty easy for me: be loud and try to make people laugh at everything. Being alone is horrible.

Why doesn't it work? It was pretty easy for me: be loud and try to make people laugh at everything. Being alone is horrible.

I know, but being friends with everyone means go to parties you don't want to go, make stuff you hate, let them to use you...
It's like... ruining your own life.

I know, but being friends with everyone means go to parties you don't want to go, make stuff you hate, let them to use you...
It's like... ruining your own life.
I've never done any of that. Heck, I barely know half my class's last names. I just shake hands with everyone and prance around in class and sometimes do stuff like coughing like an old man while the teacher's teaching. I suppose I should have said, "Be likeable by everyone" or something. You don't need to get close to them of course.

I've never done any of that. Heck, I barely know half my class's last names. I just shake hands with everyone and prance around in class and sometimes do stuff like coughing like an old man while the teacher's teaching. I suppose I should have said, "Be likeable by everyone" or something. You don't need to get close to them of course.

Well, like I said, that wont work here.

Well, back to topic:
I don't watch a lot of TV (I usually keep in my computer) so I will choose The Simpsons.

Zindagi Gulzar Hai is a Pakistani drama.

No, I absolutely hate Indian movies, dramas and music; not because I'm Pakistani (I'm not prejudiced, I swear! :p) but because they're all so low in quality. The Indian cinema parasites off South East Asians' vanity to watch only the newest films and no Indian film is remembered even five months after its release. It's honestly very frustrating that Pakistanis are more willing to watch C-movie standard films like Ek Tha Tiger (which has full-blown anti-Pakistan sentiments in it and of course everyone here abused India once or twice before going and watching the film anyway) and Chennai Express which in turn causes Pakistani films made with infinitely more effort in a cinema that's absolutely dead, like Main Hoon Shahid Afridi, Love Mein Ghum and Bhai Log to be not as successful as they could have been and neither of the three I mentioned enough did well enough to even get a DVD release even if they did get rave reviews.

Indian dramas are awful and drag on for years and always end on pointless cliffhangers with a flash of the screen. Thank God that after I wished for so many years that Star Plus would die Hum TV managed to overtake it in Pakistan.

The acting in both Indian films and dramas is absolutely horrible. Take comedies as an example. You'll always have, in every single comedy film, a Sikh man in a turban facing the screen sideways and two or three people behind him out of focus. As for dramas, they'll always have someone shouting 'Ye shaadi nahin ho sakti' and then the camera'll spend half an hour zooming in on the face of all present, including the cameraman. OK, that was an exaggeration but you get the idea.

As for Indian music, I won't get started on it; but have you every seen a single non-Bollywood Indian song get noticed, ever?

I'm sorry if I offended you, but I was being honest.

No you didn't ,honesty is the best policy ,everyone in my family except my mum and I like it. Everyone else hate it because of the exaggeration and the music and they find it tacky, the same zoom in face thing (they does that alot) and the lame storyline, I only like because of the Drama and sometime the culture. I wish we had like a Pakistan station where I can watch some series.

Ohh :( , I hate bullies when I was young I fake to stayed home because they used to pull my hair and tell me hurtful stuff, also that exact primary school I went the teachers were very racial, I'm East Indian and the majority of my class was mix with different races like Spanish African, and Indian and some children used to call me "coolie" (which means hardworking indian person or something like that) but they never knew the proper meaning of the word,they just heard their parents calling an indian person a coolie which for them means in a vulgar way an indian. I hated it but I never transferred to a different school or anything and I just zoned out those racial comments.

I never got into a fight, people pulled my hair and laughed but it never got to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Walking Dead and Mad Men are quite good.

I don't often watch movies, but I liked Transformers a lot.

Tv:
  • Teen Titans Go!
  • Wipeout
Movies:
  • Conjuring
  • Women In Black
  • Ninja Assassin
  • The Avatar
  • Trans formers

I like Merlin from BBC. A lot. And Pokémon of course! And Harry Potter (especially The Halfblood-Prince). And Alice In Wonderland. And all films from Studio Ghibli :). And The Hobbit :D I'm going to see part 2 this week ^_^.

Oh my gosh, I love so much TV shows and Movies! I'll only list a few though :p

-Americas Got Talent
- Wipeout
- The Voice
- Teen Titans
- Pokemon
- And many more!
The Voice originally started here in Holland :D

Last edited by a moderator:
TV
Sherlock
2. The Walking Dead
3. Power Rangers Wild Force (I was a kid too! Hahaha)

Movies
Any of Bay's Transformers
2. Harry Potter 3 (I love the series as a whole, but this one I liek the most. :thumbsup:)
3. 3 Idiots (Indian movie) <- This movie is really awesome I highly recommend you guys seeing it if you haven't
4. First three Pirates of the Caribbean films

My favorite TV show is The Simpsons, though I've seen pretty much every episode multiple times at this point and any episode newer than like 2009 is terrible.

As for movies, I have to say my favorite is Rudy because I'm a huge Notre Dame fan, but I also love Pitch Perfect despite the fact the rest of my family hates on it :c

TV:
Doctor Who, Legend of Korra, Arrow, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Regular Show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Falling Skies. A lot of the older Cartoon Network shows from late 90's to early 2000's I grew up with like Ed, Edd n' Eddy and Dexter's Laboratory.

Movies:
Harry Potter series (I even liked #5 and #6, but I only ever saw the last 2 Deathly Hallows movies in the cinemas which were just great, the others I watched on DVD because I joined the fandom late). The Marvel films made recently, especially Iron Man. Although they replaced the actor from The Incredible Hulk when it came to making The Avengers, which was REALLY weird.

TV:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Breaking Bad, Hannibal, Louie, Samurai Jack, South Park, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Colbert Report, The Daily Show.

Movies:
American Psycho, Leon the Professional, The Princess Bride, The Iron Giant, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Grave of the Fireflies, Taxi Driver, Fight Club, Seven Samurai, 12 Angry Men, The Silence of the Lambs, Alien, A Clockwork Orange, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Blazing Saddles, Dead Poet's Society, Blade Runner, The Big Lebowski, Sin City, There Will Be Blood.

My top 5 favourite TV programme:

1. F1

2. GP2/GP3

3. Family Guy

4. The Simpsons

5. American Dad.

The legend of zelda tv series is obviously the best tv show ever

Back