Favorite type of music/song

• Thread starter milesose
  • Start date
M

milesose

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Me in my early teens, listened to blues and rockabilly all the time it was a hit for me especially the band called 'The Blues Brothers'. Now in my 20s, I rather prefer anime-intro songs and house music. I had really strange cravings throughout my life, so I wanted to ask you, what music did you prefer, what music prefer now, and what you think you will prefer later in your life.

And now, here are my favorite 3 songs:
Kinda sad :(

i like jazz :p and stuff like that and but i don't actually have one that i really like :p i like all of them - it really depends on the music itself

Lingus by Snarky Puppy is a neat jazz piece my band teach showed us (We certainly did not play it but we watched it on Youtube). Anything that isn't overplayed and sounds good is good enough for me. I listen to VGM most of the because I don't know what to listen to.

Lingus by Snarky Puppy is a neat jazz piece my band teach showed us (We certainly did not play it but we watched it on Youtube). Anything that isn't overplayed and sounds good is good enough for me. I listen to VGM most of the because I don't know what to listen to.
My favorite jazz song has to be Take 5

Reactions: POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST
My favorite type of music would have to be Japanese Pop :bag: and Rap, such and odd mashup. Well I don't listen to rap often, I actually ONLY listen to Nicki Minaj, :oops:. I'm currently listening to a lot of famous Japanese pop singers, their music is so beautiful!

I am a huge fan of rap and hip-hop, death metal, doom metal, and nu metal.

What are yours?

Reactions: 4362
I like most kinds of music, but I prefer the more singer-songwritery/acoustic stuff :singing:.I respect singers more if they write their own songs and can play at least one instrument :). But some famous people deserve in my opinion less fame. Par example: One Direction. I don't say I hate them, but I can't stand it that they are so popular amongst people of my age :(. If they weren't so *cough 'hot' cough* I know for sure that about 90% of their fans wouldn't be a fan of them. And when I tell people that they can't play an instrument, they always go like Nial can play the guitar! Yeah, cool, but that's one instrument, and they have 5 members :confused:

Reactions: 18
I like most kinds of music, but I prefer the more singer-songwritery/acoustic stuff :singing:.I respect singers more if they write their own songs and can play at least one instrument :). But some famous people deserve in my opinion less fame. Par example: One Direction. I don't say I hate them, but I can't stand it that they are so popular amongst people of my age :(. If they weren't so *cough 'hot' cough* I know for sure that about 90% of their fans wouldn't be a fan of them. And when I tell people that they can't play an instrument, they always go like Nial can play the guitar! Yeah, cool, but that's one instrument, and they have 5 members :confused:

So basically, they suck. I couldn't agree more. XD

Reactions: Moon Rain
Just like @Reece, I enjoy J-Pop a lot. It covers up about 75% of what I listen on my MP3 player. Otherwise, I'm good with any kind of music, except French Rap, now it has changed, and it's bad xD.

Reactions: Reece
I was born in the 90's. There was a lot of pop music going on. But nowadays I listen to R'N'B, Rap, Hip Hop and a bit of dance. Just chart music, most of the time.

Rock by bands formed in the 60's and 70's, and a few of bands from the 80's. I'll say hard rock/classic rock like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Alice Cooper and The Who is my favourite. Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue are pretty awesome too.
Heavy metal is great too, but while I sometimes get sick of heavy metal (except the pioneers like Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath - I'll never get sick of them) I never get fed up with rock.

As for my favourite type of song, I'll say ones that have a memorable riff or are just plain memorable. My five favourite songs are:

1. 'Stairway to Heaven' by Led Zeppelin
  2. 'Back in Black' by AC/DC
  3. 'School's Out' by Alice Cooper
  4. 'Baba O'Riley' by The Who
  5. 'Livin' on a Prayer' by Bon Jovi

Reactions: 4362
Indie/Rock. I also enjoy trap music on long car rides, specifically because trap is usually like an hour long.

Mostly alternative rock, and some pop like Owl City.

My five favourite songs:

1) Imagine Dragons - Monster
2) Owl City - Alligator Sky
3) Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks
4) Mumford and Sons - Hopeless Wanderer
5) Bastille - Pompeii

Reactions: 18
I like Vocaloid music, as well as other types of Anime and J-Pop music. I hardly listen to anything else.

My favorite type of music is rap,classic and rnb

We could get an idea of the Pedia's taste in music. And I just like to share :p

I would have included more options, but apparently you can only have so many.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used to grow up on country as in Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, etc, but I mainly listen to anime music, Vocaloid music, other J-Pop, and gaming music

So instrumentals mostly?

I grew up on Maroon 5, All-American Rejects, and some other country/pop mixes.

What I listen to now though:

Imagine Dragons
Maroon 5
Mike Tompkins
Panic at the Disco!
(A little of) ELIM
Lindsey Stirling

You get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I do not listen to music by genre but I think that in general I listen most to hard rock/metal/pop. I am picky when it comes down to music and it also depends on my mood. I can't stand most R&B and modern popsongs (The ones that are thrown together with the computer+theme is love+lyrics don't matter).

List of what I listen to regularly (there are loads of songs I like for some time and then grow to hate, or I like just one song of a band and therefore the band is not on the list) in no particular order:
Adele
The Fray
Seether
3 Doors Down
Three Days Grace (the old songs that is, I do not like the voice of the new leadsinger)
Nirvana
Foofighters
Passenger
Evanescence
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Offspring
Linkin Park
The PianoGuys
vkgoeswild
P!nk
Panic! at the Disco
Tracy Chapman