Favorite Zelda Game?

• Thread starter Catstew
  • Start date
So hard to choose. Either ALTTP, Ocarina of Time, or BOTW. Those three are my top faves, though.

Reactions: Kaynil and AricAttack
So hard to choose. Either ALTTP, Ocarina of Time, or BOTW. Those three are my top faves, though.
What Zelda game is ALTTP? Always Late To Try Peas? Angry Rebellius Twin Turtle Packs?

Reactions: Leej07
A Link to the Past. The sole 16-bit Zelda title released in America.

A Link to the Past. The sole 16-bit Zelda title released in America.
Wow the name sounds so short for such a long abbreviation! :p

Wow the name sounds so short for such a long abbreviation! :p
Have you ever played it?

Have you ever played it?
Nope never have. The closest game to ALTTL I have played is A Link Between Worlds.

Nope never have. The closest game to ALTTL I have played is A Link Between Worlds.
I highly recommend it. Definitely one of the greatest Zelda games there is.

My favorite Zelda game is definitely a Link to the Past! Followed by a Link Between Worlds, then Breath of the Wild. We need like a mashup game thingt ideas from each of these!

Reactions: Leej07
Most likely the legend of zelda: ocarina of time 3d, because of the ease of control, and because of the 3d view

Ocarina of Time

Not saying this game is the best of them all, but it definitely is my favourite and I am not ashamed to say it is the nostalgia, that game has shaped me up so much it is hard not to have it in hard regards. I owe it my returning to videogames and drawing, writing stories, my progress with English, my online moniker, stumbling to my first online forum, making friends online, including my best friend and through this person, the decision to leave my home country to live in another I have never set foot on.

And that's without even going yet into what was for me discovering this game a lazy Saturday on TV, getting it for my birthday and seeing my first game in three dimensions. The first part of the game now I can do it really fast but I remember how big and exciting it was that first time, what it was exploring that first dungeon and the first time I saw Gohma, or rather that it saw me right from the ceiling. I thought that was cool and then the game puts me in hyrule field, which at the time it looked so huge. Poor owl kept hushing me to progress in the game while I was frigging following the river streams and stuff, hahaha. The game blew my mind back in the day.

What was your favorite Zelda game? To tell you the truth, i have never played a Zelda game, but i have heard many good things about it!
Breath of the wild is the best zelda game but link to the past and link between worlds are more of the classic legend of zelda

Zelda minish cap or Zelda a link between world

obviously breath of the wild. the vast open world, the breath taking graphics, the amount of content.........and all of it in one beautiful package. it has to be the best zelda game so far. it runs so smooth and has to be one of my favorite witch games of all time

Reactions: Senranfan
3 zelda games hold the most significance in my life
1,a link to the past
2.breath of the wild
3.a link between worlds
(That's also the order in which I played those games)

My favorite Zelda game is Wind Waker. It had very beautiful graphics and the world is huge.

I’ve liked all the ones I’ve played for different reasons. They’re all so unique. However, if I were to play them today, my favorite at this point would be Breath of the Wild. Wonderful world and gameplay. So many great mechanics to it. Weapon wear took some getting used to, but overall it’s just brilliant.

Breathe Of the wild.
It’s a massive open world Zelda game you can play & do what you want.
You can have a house
Do quests
Play the ENTIRE GAME in labo Vr honestly this was amazing to see for me !
The First Zelda Game I enjoyed a lot.

The first Zelda game I played was OoT and it is still my favorite.

I’m not sure how qualified I am to answer this considering I have only thoroughly played two (Ocarina of Time and Breath of the Wild), but so far for me it is by far Breath of the Wild. Breath of the Wild got me out of a major gaming funk. I didn’t have any nostalgia for Zelda games as I never played them as a kid. It quickly became tied with my second favorite game of all time. It really is an incredible game.

I didn’t play Ocarina of Time until I got a Wii U (very late in the Wii U lifecycle), and I played it on virtual console. I struggled a lot with the puzzles since I had never played a Zelda game before, but I thought it was a pretty fun game. I never did finish it, though. I got really close but got distracted by other things and never finished it. I would love to give it another go if it ever releases on Switch in some capacity.

I also really want to try Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I don’t have a Wii U any longer so I don’t have a way to play them. I hope they come to Switch as well. I’d also like to play Skyward Sword, but I’m not sure if I’d enjoy it with motion controls. I generally find them distracting. One thing is for certain - Breath of the Wild opened my eyes to the series and now it’s going to stay that way.

I'm at a cross between Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword. I'd go for the former because it was my first Zelda game (well, the 3DS version, anyway), it was chaotic to try to balance the timer and some other quests while we were at it, and it was pretty satisfying to clear some of my first Zelda temples.

Skyward sword, on the other hand, was beautiful to look at, the game was huge, and I liked the motion control for the sword swinging, among other things.

Back