Fire Emblem Awakening - Normal, Hard, Lunatic or Lunatic Plus

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
haha @Marc same as you :p i just went for it :p! hard and perma death turned on makes it fun and challenging :p
its challenging and yes fredric was a key player in the team as he was the strongest at the monument but then everyone else grew up and became like him :p power wise

Im so close to finish Lunatic+ in classic mode!

DEATH: Ricken, Miriel, Virion, Lissa, Vaike, Gregor, Kellam (I did notice his dead unlike some), Maribelle, Donnel, some spotpass characters, Stahl (he is useless in my team), Panne, Nowi and more. F*** chapter 11

I am still playing on normal mode. I haven't ever played a Fire Emblem game until now so I porbably will eventually go through and try to beat every difficulty level. No offense injusticeboy but you have lost a lot of characters (in my opinion) I think you should be more careful. No offense.

This was my first ever Fire Emlem game, so I started off with Normal and Beginner (Casual) mode. I found it incredibly easy, so I tried it on hard with Casual mode instead, and I played through the game to the end with that. Once the story was complete, I decided it was time to try it on Classic mode, so I put it back on Hard and I ended up losing a lot of units I'd worked hard on and wanted to keep. I don't think there's any need for me to say this, but I abused my poor reset button so much, it stopped talking to me. :(

I've so far only beaten up through hardclassic, but I plan on playing lunatic some time down the line. :)

I've so far only beaten up through hardclassic, but I plan on playing lunatic some time down the line. :)

This with the inclusion of Lunatic+, though having only done Hard (and Classic), I feel the need to do Normal during another of my support runs to be able to say I beat all the difficulties.

Reactions: Neofang64
I tried to play Lunatic. I barely made i out with my mind intact, but I seriously want lunatic+ and play it! just for the lulz.

So far I've beaten it on Normal and Hard with deaths off. I'll probably go to lunatic next the same way, but I want to actually beat the dlc's I got on my current file before moving on.

I only beat it in normal. I am not very good at video games, even though I love to play them so much. I also didn't play with permadeath on because I'd have lost everyone super early in the game. That and I may actually cry if someone died because I cry over video games... like when I tried to play Bravely Default and the beginning happened. Nope. I gave the game to my brother the next time I saw him.

I had beaten the game in Normal/Classic mode so far. I have a hard mode file where I'm playing as a male and a Lunatic file on the side. Both are classic, though I reset when any of my units die because I'm a pansy like that.

Started the game on Normal/Classic but it was way too easy so I switched to Hard/Classic which was challenging in the beginning but got easier as I promoted more units :( Though I still beat it :) Now I'm just waiting to get my hands on some DLC before tackling Lunatic and Lunatic+

I couldn't even do hard. Died on the first chapter. Still trying to this day.

I couldn't even do hard. Died on the first chapter. Still trying to this day.
I just reset the game when a party member died so yeah I had to do some chapters over 20 times :D Keep trying and eventually you'll get through :) If it's still to hard then I recommend reaching up till chapter 4 using Fredrick and then getting the Golden DLC pack for the exp map to level up your units.

Reactions: WolfMeow
I just reset the game when a party member died so yeah I had to do some chapters over 20 times :D Keep trying and eventually you'll get through :) If it's still to hard then I recommend reaching up till chapter 4 using Fredrick and then getting the Golden DLC pack for the exp map to level up your units.
Yeah. I have no money to buy the Golden DLC. I used to grind on normal, but the cost of reeking boxes are off the roof!

I'm doing Hard + Classic right now (as recommended by Marc) and it is quite a challenge. I've already reset maybe ~50 times total just to save a hero. Luckily, with the Streetpass teams, I've been able to level up some of my weaker characters so that they can actually fight without getting one shotted by some low level enemy. It's a lot of fun though!

I'm still playing through on Normal perma off - hardly had time to get through it before.. think I'm near the end though
After that I'm leaping to Lunatic and perma on, I'm so excited for that time :D

I'm still playing through on Normal perma off - hardly had time to get through it before.. think I'm near the end though
After that I'm leaping to Lunatic and perma on, I'm so excited for that time :D
Actually, I think you have to clear the game on Hard mode to unlock Lunatic difficulty first, so you may have to wait on that.

Lunatic is incredibly hard. I recommend you play it on Hard and Permaseath on.

I can't even clear the Prologue in Lunatic >.>

Yeah, Lunatic just got silly by level 3. You have to carefully plan out each move and sneakily use your units in the right places. If you're really lucky then your characters may dodge the odd attack, but for the most part if you get hit you're pretty much dead.
Of course, if you like that sort of masochistic gameplay, by all means go for it!

And all those 78% hit rate for your side always miss, whilst 1% crit rates happen against you all the time. Did I mention those unacquirable weapons you normally can't get until Chapter 12 while on Chapter 1 the enemies have them?

Lunatic is a game mode where you really have to think about your opponents' moves and highlight the strongest enemies.

Damn! OK, i'll go through hard first.. With perma's on it'll still have something of a risk/challenge to it, I think im more excited over the thought of really caring about my squad.

Back