Fates Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright/Conquest/Revelation - General Topic)

• Thread starter Icemario
  • Start date
So.. did anyone get the game yet? What are your thoughts?
I live in Europe....so no. :(

I just got a copy & the case looks very nice :3 But, right now I am unable to play it because I gotta' study, but I'll post my thoughts later tonight :3

But, as I said, case looks nice :3 So does the Game Pak. I really wish I could play it...

Reactions: Marc
I ordered the SE and it comes in 5 days from gamestop. waiting eagerly...

I'm still trying to find myself a SE...

The game is awesome so far, but pretty challenging & fairly different from Awakening.

They redid the whole map system & how you buy new equipment (and I don't like the map system as much as Awakening's) and it's a pretty cool. You now own your own castle & can make building, buy equipment, talk with your comrades, etc.. It's pretty cool.

The game is kinda' slow up to Chapter 6. It really just teaches you who you are, how the game works, and what each country is. Then, at Chapter 6, you choose your path (of course, you can't choose Conquest if you only bought a physical copy of Birthright like I did, and vice versa). I chose Birthright, and am now starting to level up my team & advance in the story.

Yes, my sister imported the JP Special Edition for me (managed to grab on Amazon a cheap copy), and I've been playing it with the English Patch via HANS.

I've already made two saves, one on Birthright, and the other on Conquest. As expected, Birthright feels like what Awakening was to me (=quite easy), while Conquest... makes me spam that mid-game "Save" feature as well as the reset combo (L+R+Select in case you weren't aware), because it's way harder. Even Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn back in the GC/Wii era weren't that hard. Otherwise, I do appreciate the story, as well as the few things they changed in this game (the Dragon Vein mechanics on some maps... or, the way they changed the pairing system). Also, the challenges in which you defend your castles are fun as well. (TIP: abuse HomePass for this game if you want to get a lot of skills on your main character).

Shame that since I'm on the JP version, I won't be able to play Revelations (Invisible Kingdom), or update the game (Even if I could do some cross-region updating, I wouldn't be able to use the update with HANS).

So, been enjoying it so far. However, is it true that the NA Special Edition is suffering from the (Wii) Xenoblade syndrome (= I buy a game, and sell it twice or more its price) ?

Reactions: Marc
I want the bundle so bad.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
why did nintendo made so little bundles, its always the same with them, make awesome things, but make so little merchandise that you have to sell 2 virgins and a cow for a chance to bid an used copy

why did nintendo made so little bundles, its always the same with them, make awesome things, but make so little merchandise that you have to sell 2 virgins and a cow for a chance to bid an used copy
xD That's so those copies remain special.

That goes beyond special, they are now legendary, something that people start thinking doesnt exist

"100$ for 3 games an art book of concept art and a carrying case! Oh boy, oh-"

*Sees that the SE costs 300$ on Amazon*

"...Oh well..." *Sits in the corner in tears*

I gave up on trying to find the Special Edition. Buying the one at retail, and downloading the other two costs the same anyway.

I've only played Birthright so far. Actually, still playing it, as I haven't beaten it yet. It's a lot like Awakening. Also, I'm one of those people that play with Phoenix mode, get over it. :p

I love the new atmosphere. I definitely like the story more than Fire Emblem: Awakening. The story is just amazing, words can't express how good this game is :'D the new 'Dragon Vein' is a very cool new feature to the game as well. In certain episodes you choose 1 path out of multiple and who you face is determined on which path you select!

I have run through all the routes already. The worse one was Conquest because of the limited exp. gains and harder fights. Matchmaking was hard too so I match made them on the Awakening DLC haha :p. Overall, Revelations really was the best route. I got almost all the characters and the ending was the best. Now, I just want to test my team with other teams. :D

I got Birthright instead of conquest because of the characters. I loved the story line and definitely prefer it over awakening. The avatar maker is much better than awakening and the marriage system still exists which I'm glad about. The story line is much better than awakening as well. All in all Fire Emblem Fates in my rightful opinion is better than Fire Emblem Awakening.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
overral, this game is better than awakening, it fixes very much awakening mistakes, like the "nosferatank" for example or the ramdom pairing sistem, also the enemies can use it

the online mode could be better if the exclusive weapons were banned there

I recently got the third and final path, and started playing it last night. :cat:
...It looks like nobody else plays this game anymore, though? :cry:

I really like it; very intriguing thus far~

Back