Fates Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright/Conquest/Revelation - General Topic)

• Thread starter Icemario
  • Start date
Icemario

Icemario

Lady Lyndis
Towns Folk
In the Nintendo Direct today, a new Fire Emblem game (hype hype hype) was announced for the Nintendo 3DS. Have a trailer:

It completely shifts the atmosphere of the game, though the engine remains rather identical. Thoughts?

First thoughts; I am not sure about the atmosphere; it might be totally awesome or a rip-off of basically every war game. It was as if I had seen the trailer before which is a bad sign to me. The god like creature and the flying village where interesting though; does that mean the game takes place in a different world? It's seems nothing like Awakening.

I also noticed I slight change when you select "attack" with your unit. The other units disappear and the camera seems to swirl down, I love that.

I also noticed how the baddies still look obviously evil; that part didn't change. They also kept the same drawing style (yay! I love that!) But the graphics appeared to be of a lower quality than the graphics in FEA. Maybe that's because the trailer was meant for 3DS or because the game footage is not final but it looks a bit pixelated. Such a shame. Anyway; when will the game be released and what is it's title? :)

Reactions: Marc
When I first saw the blue hair lady, I was really expecting Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem ._____. I guess I can't be mad since they're going to release a totally new Fire Emblem game for the 3DS (Awakening is my favorite 3DS game).
but it looks a bit pixelated.
I noticed that too =/ Hopefully that's not the final thing.
Anyway; when will the game be released and what is it's title? :)
I don't think they shared any of that information >.<

Reactions: FirstSerpent and PersonSP
they said this fire emblem game would have a lot more choices which have greater impacts. in the video I didn't really notice anything that the other fire emblem games didn't have but expecting some more info on this in the next direct. SO glad that they made this one for 3ds though. shin megami tensai x fire emblem is only going to be for the wii u so I thought this one would be transitioned to the wii u too and I don't have a wii u so I was really happy that this one is for the 3ds. I think it'll be maybe late 2015 or early 2016 when this releases because the teaser trailer was pretty long for a game which had just been announced so I think they've done a lot on it already

Amazing graphic at the start there, looking similar to Final Fantasy kind of graphic, then back to the usual. From what I see in this trailer, the story is going to be interesting! (at least for me). I only played Awakening so I cannot be sure how different it is from the older versions.
Btw, where is my Chrom!? Think I saw him in that picture on the wall, but not in the story?

Amazing graphic at the start there, looking similar to Final Fantasy kind of graphic, then back to the usual. From what I see in this trailer, the story is going to be interesting! (at least for me). I only played Awakening so I cannot be sure how different it is from the older versions.
Btw, where is my Chrom!? Think I saw him in that picture on the wall, but not in the story?
Fire emblem games tend to be standalone stories, with the exception of a few references to past games and a few direct sequels like the wii games.

Just watched the trailer. I am really looking forward into this, a top priority. About graphics, it could be a lower quality video, or maybe not a final one. Nevertheless, it looks awesome. And wait... we got a female main character - that blue-haired one?

Whooo! All aboard the hype train!

Reactions: PersonSP
No idea how pumped I was watching this first thing in the morning.

I hope this really isn't anything like Awakening because while it was a good game that saved the franchise, I feel it's very inferior to a lot of other FE titles with stronger stories and characters.

EDIT: Also, something tells me a good chunk of you guys here have only experienced Awakening. If so, you must definitely experience other games of the franchise. It's so worth it.

As for this new title here, it's a new universe ladies and gents. No Chrom. No Lucina. No Marth. No Ike. No Robin. No Roy. Completely new with a brand new cast of characters! It's kind of a tradition with FE titles. Make one core title and generally one sequel/prequel/spinoff connected to it. Awakening was actually taken place in a future version with Archanea which already had 3 games in the saga and Awakening makes it the 4th. So honestly, a lot of FE fans are tired of seeing Archanea. We need something new and I'm glad it's what we're getting.

Last edited:
No one trolls better than Nintendo and still delivers epicness. Can't wait to play this game and now they have feet! :p

Well the game looks really well done but i'm thinking nintendo might be delving into more of a japanese character personalities and references, i mean one of the maps was like the inside of a japanese manor but who knows maybe it will have more recurring DLC, maybe you can code up with awakening. BY the way does anyone think that there should be a fire emblem game for the wii u? But yes or no we got blazing sword and sacred sword on virtual console btu maybe the wii u could benefit from a wii u fire emblem title.tell me what YOU think?

No one trolls better than Nintendo and still delivers epicness. Can't wait to play this game and now they have feet! :p
Woah you're right! They do have feet! :eek:

The blue-haired dancer = Chrom x Olivia descendant? :sneaky:

I believe it's in a completely different setting from Awakening, so no relation to either chrom's group or marth's or ike's. Anyway I don't think that they would make chrom x Olivia canon.

Not the right shade of blue and Chrom x Sumia is more officially supported than Chrom x Olivia. I'd say that if that character relates to any past character, it may be a descendant of Ephraim or Eirika.

As an avid Fire Emblem fan, I'm really enjoying these new story lines or new mechanics that are included in each of the new Fire Emblem games. This new game looks pretty sick, and to be honest, I'm pretty hyped. I think it may reference awakening, but you never know. I hope this doesn't end up like the Shadow Dragon sequel, in which it only gets released in Japan. Either way, it looks really sick but I don't think the controls or the general feel of the game will change. What do you guys think? Will it be like awakening or will they change it up again?

I pretty much exploded when I saw this in the direct :3

I'm not to concerned about the setting, they'll make it work.

It's great to see the pairs are still there (hopefully marriage system will be intact) I love the newish animations too, also I really hope you can't just walk to dodge attacks ;-;

I'm guessing the Dancer girl will have an important role in the game, she has blue hair!!!! Who am I kidding is she has blue hair she is definitely important! hmm A dancer as the main character? Interesting

My Jaw dropped to the floor when I saw the new fire emblem game of excitement.

It looks amazing...now if only I could have some word on smt x fire emblem...

Reactions: SaiSymbolic
Looks really cool. I have played fire emblem awakening demo from the eshop but I might just buy this. Do you think it will be new 3ds exclusives?

Back