Game Cube vs DS?

• Thread starter milksheikh
  • Start date
milksheikh

milksheikh

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
What do you think was better?

If I have to be honest, I liked the Game Cube more than the DS (Probably only me).

I prefer a DS since it was my first ever "system" and ive never even played a gamecube yet

Hard question.

I can't say that I love one more than the other; I love both of them. But you can't debate about them, they're too different.
They all have a great library of games that are nice to play and addictive (SSBM/Mario Kart DD for the GC; SM64DS/Pokémon for the DS...), and they're even better when you play them in multiplayer (though it's rarer to meet somebody with a DS these days...).

But they don't have the same hardware, the same kernel, and the same use (handheld/home console)

So, no, I can't decide. Saying that one is better than the other is like arguing that white chocolate is better than black chocolate because it tastes sweeter. They're two opposed things, and can't be related to each other, though they were both made by Nintendo.

Reactions: 18
Like @D4rkDragon said, it's difficult to decide between the two; both had great games. I can think to myself, "The GameCube had Resident Evil 4 and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, let's go with the GameCube," then I think, "The DS had Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Metal Slug XX and The World Ends With You so... I can't decide." :panda:

I think it's fun in a way to compare dissimilar consoles though :giggle:

Tough choice... Gamecube: RE:4, Wind Waker, etc.
Ds: Endless Frontier, Elite Beat Agents, Chrono Trigger, etc.
I'll say, even though it's like choosing between Mario and Zelda, I'm choosing DS, just for the sake of portability. Really the only deciding factor. If we're talking original, non-backlit DS, then I choose the 'cube. :p

Seriously you can't make a difference between ds and gamecube because gamecube already win

Seriously you can't make a difference between ds and gamecube because gamecube already win
:facepalm:
I will repeat: You. Can't. Compare. Them.
They are two different consoles, but they don't target the same public, they don't have the same kernel nor the same hardware.
Comparing the GC and the DS is like comparing the PS3 and the Vita (for example) or Android and Windows (the computer OS, not Windows Phone).

The Gamecube has great games and the DS has great games. However the Gamecube has higher quality while the DS has the touchscreen. The DS supported online play but only to those who had connections and games that supported it. I played for hours or even days on the Gamecube because of Melee (possibly the best competitive video game in existence). The Gamecube also had the user friendly controller. I could say the DS has graphics similar to the 64 and the 3DS has graphics similar to the Gamecube. Both systems also supported the GBA titles. I say the Gamecube wins because it had games that worked with other systems like Four Swords, Pac Man Vs., and Pokémon... Wait a minute, you can almost play all of those titles on the DS as well (Four Swords is DSiware). From the games I own from those systems the Gamecube wins.

i like/liked the ds and game cube but i think that of those 2 i liked the ds better. but if it was the gamecube or gba i would go with the game cube. i like the games on there better and it was nice to have more than one of the series of paper mario on one system :p

GC for me. It was home of many of the greatest games ever released. (Wind Waker, MK: double Dash, Sonic adv 1 & 2, Zelda - Collectors edition). The DS was alright with a couple of good games, but it wasn't all that special.

Gamecube. Because there are a lot of games that we can enjoy, such as
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Party 4, 5, 6, 7
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess (GCN)
Super Smash Bros Melee
Pokemon XD/ Coliseum
Star Wars: Rouge Leader
Super Monkey Ball (note, it can make you hit stuff with your foot.)

And more, the Gamecube is one of the greatest consoles.

However, this does not rule out the DS, while it isn't better than the Gamecube, is still a great console, with games like
New Super Mario Bros
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Star Fox..... something
Kirby Super Star Ultra/ Mass Attack
and many more. The DS is an honorable console.

In all honesty i liked twilight princess better on the wii. It was my first zelda game nd loved the idea f being able to actually swing the sword like link :3

Gamecube all the way, what type of question is this? lol

I liked the Nintendo DS better. Granted I never had a GameCube, but the DS had games like NSMB, MarioKart, tons of Pokemon games, and also backwards compatibility with the Gameboy (only DS Phat/Lite). I think it takes the cake for me, but I still liked playing Super Smash Bros Melee on my friend's GameCube once in a while.

I have to say DS because my first system, DSi was in the DS family whereas I play on a cousin's Wii and gamecube to play other games I like like Super Smash Bros. Melee

Gameqube because it has better games like luigis mansion wind waker and super mario sunshine. I only bought a ds for pokemon games :/ nothing else to buy except maybe mario kart ds but nothing much

I loved both, but if I was to have to choose 1, I would have to say the GameCube. I loved many games for it, and have a lot of fun memories of playing multiplayer on it.

This is a toughie, I may be biased in my decision, because I generally prefer portable gaming...
I think the idea behind Nintendo's new take on portable gaming really changed the market, for good! I love the Nintendo's DS game library, and I don't have much "fond" memories of me on my Gamecube. I would say the Nintendo DS wins, but that's just my opinion, both systems are phenomenal though, it's really hard to compare these two.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I'd say DS because I had one and loved it even if I didn't have all of the 10/10 would play again games and I never did have a Gamecube.

Gamecube because I played it for years, I still think its 1 of the best systems made, like the super nes.

Back