• Thread starter Alexis10ist
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexis10ist

Alexis10ist

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Each Pokémon of the X and Y version, has a blue pentagon below it , which can be seen by looking at it's data or in the PC Box .

This blue thingy means that our Pokémon is legitimate , that means that if you have any Pokémon that doesn't haves this blue pentagon you have a hacked Pokémon.

This way some people won't ruin the game experience by using hacked Pokémon.

Reactions: Marc and ShinyLatios
Oh... This is really interesting...

Oh, wow this is really awesome, that means the hacked egg that was going around in Wonder Trade would not show that pentagon, I think its a great way to know when you got a Pokemon that has been hacked, great job game freak :)

Oh, wow this is really awesome, that means the hacked egg that was going around in Wonder Trade would not show that pentagon, I think its a great way to know when you got a Pokemon that has been hacked, great job game freak :)

omg it wasnt hacked.

Not a hack, it's a server error. And the bug is fake too.

Each Pokémon of the X and Y version, has a blue pentagon below it , which can be seen by looking at it's data or in the PC Box .

This blue thingy means that our Pokémon is legitimate , that means that if you have any Pokémon that doesn't haves this blue pentagon you have a hacked Pokémon.

This way some people won't ruin the game experience by using hacked Pokémon.
Does this apply to pokemon that were "created" through generators and such? I mean, does it only check that it has possible movesets and all, or does it check that it was legitimately caught in the game.

That's good and all but I just hope that Poke Bank blocks "illegally obtained" Pokemon from being transferred.

Reactions: Reece and ShinyLatios
That's good and all but I just hope that Poke Bank blocks "illegally obtained" Pokemon from being transferred.
I think that is the primary reason of the pentagon, they did mention that hacked pokémon will not be transfered at the official site.

I think that is the primary reason of the pentagon, they did mention that hacked pokémon will not be transfered at the official site.
But how do they determine whether or not it's hacked. Couldn't it be possible that some hacker figures out a way to add the blue pentagon when hacking? Granted, it could be a while given that they're still figuring out how to hack the 3DS and all but still

But how do they determine whether or not it's hacked. Couldn't it be possible that some hacker figures out a way to add the blue pentagon when hacking? Granted, it could be a while given that they're still figuring out how to hack the 3DS and all but still

For now you need an app for transfer pokémons, so the app can be updated if something happens

For now you need an app for transfer pokémons, so the app can be updated if something happens
You never know how much time these hackers have on their hands...they may end up discovering something and manipulate the system (how else were things like Homebrew made :p)

You never know how much time these hackers have on their hands...they may end up discovering something and manipulate the system (how else were things like Homebrew made :p)

That happened with the first game launched on the Wii ¬¬

That happened with the first game launched on the Wii ¬¬
well that's because Wii hardware is probably less hard to hack compared to the 3DS. Wii was ridiculed for being simple compared to XBox360 and PS3 wasn't it?

well that's because Wii hardware is probably less hard to hack compared to the 3DS. Wii was ridiculed for being simple compared to XBox360 and PS3 wasn't it?

Well, Wii was made to compete the PS2 honestly...

Well, Wii was made to compete the PS2 honestly...
doesn't change the fact that it's compared to 360 and PS3, the consoles that were released around the same "console gen"

doesn't change the fact that it's compared to 360 and PS3, the consoles that were released around the same "console gen"

Yeah, but like... half year later?

Yeah, but like... half year later?
Same difference given the fact that the console wars revolved around those three honestly. People made fun of the Wii compared to those two consoles even if the competitive reason was different for Nintendo

Yeah, I really hope the Poke Bank take precaution towards dangerous illegally obtained Pokemon from being transferred. The bad Poke-Egg that was being traded through Wonder Trade can that affect the Poke Bank in any way?

Yeah, I really hope the Poke Bank take precaution towards dangerous illegally obtained Pokemon from being transferred. The bad Poke-Egg that was being traded through Wonder Trade can that affect the Poke Bank in any way?
maybe Poke Bank will only allow legitimate pokemon in general (although, that wouldn't stop the "ethical hackers" if what I'm inferring is accurate)

maybe Poke Bank will only allow legitimate pokemon in general (although, that wouldn't stop the "ethical hackers" if what I'm inferring is accurate)
Yeah, hopefully the Pokebank will have restrictions, but I bet hackers will find a way to break through all that >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back