Game Freak explains the meaning of the blue pentagon in Pokémon X and Y

• Thread starter Alexis10ist
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I didn't know this! Thanks for sharing this with us, @Alexis10ist. Also, yeah, hopefully people won't be able to transfer illegally obtained Pokémon from past games to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y when Pokémon Bank is released.

Yeah, hopefully the Pokebank will have restrictions, but I bet hackers will find a way to break through all that >.<
As long as they don't figure out a way to hack, say, a shiny level 1 Zekrom into it I'm fine. For me, ethical hacking isn't that bad

As long as they don't figure out a way to hack, say, a shiny level 1 Zekrom into it I'm fine. For me, ethical hacking isn't that bad

What is ethical hacking?

What is ethical hacking?
hacking for stats that are perfectly possible to obtain in the game. Aka it could be to get a modest level 20 Honedge or something like that

hacking for stats that are perfectly possible to obtain in the game. Aka it could be to get a modest level 20 Honedge or something like that

oh. that kind. i dont support it then.

Reactions: Reece
oh. that kind. i dont support it then.
Why not? I mean, you could legally get that kind of pokemon in the game. It's not like you're going for some impossible combination haha

Why not? I mean, you could legally get that kind of pokemon in the game. It's not like you're going for some impossible combination haha

Because they're hacking to get it. I don't like hacked pokemon at all. If it's possible to get it in game, why hack? It's just taking the easy way out of things.

Because they're hacking to get it. I don't like hacked pokemon at all. If it's possible to get it in game, why hack? It's just taking the easy way out of things.
Maybe they don't want to go through the frustrating days and days of trying to find the perfect pokemon. Especially if they want it to be shiny.....

Maybe they don't want to go through the frustrating days and days of trying to find the perfect pokemon. Especially if they want it to be shiny.....

That's what I call laziness.

That's what I call laziness.
Not everyone has all that time on their hands. It's not necessarily complete laziness in all cases of this happening

Not everyone has all that time on their hands. It's not necessarily complete laziness in all cases of this happening

Yes. But I still don't support hacking. It ruins the game for a lot of people.

Yes. But I still don't support hacking. It ruins the game for a lot of people.
Well, besides the GTS trolling shenanigans and the bad egg stuff I don't see how hacking, particularly THIS hacking, ruins the game for a lot of people. With that logic, competitive pokemon battling ruins the game for a lot of people because they have to deal with fighting good, legal pokemon.

Well, besides the GTS trolling shenanigans and the bad egg stuff I don't see how hacking, particularly THIS hacking, ruins the game for a lot of people. With that logic, competitive pokemon battling ruins the game for a lot of people because they have to deal with fighting good, legal pokemon.

Hacking the game can corrupt a persons file and this ruins the game for people.

Hacking the game can corrupt a persons file and this ruins the game for people.
Well in that case, that ruins the game for the person who's hacking, not everyone else. So basically, hackers (even when ethically hacking) run the risk of corrupting their save file and they know that.

Well in that case, that ruins the game for the person who's hacking, not everyone else. So basically, hackers (even when ethically hacking) run the risk of corrupting their save file and they know that.

And they totally deserve to have a corrupted file. I'll never support any type of hacking for pokemon.

Reactions: Reece
And they totally deserve to have a corrupted file. I'll never support any type of hacking for pokemon.
ok then, but you still haven't explained how it ruins the game for everyone else lol You've only explained how it ruins for the hacker.

ok then, but you still haven't explained how it ruins the game for everyone else lol You've only explained how it ruins for the hacker.

Explaining it won't change the fact that you're pro hacking. So I won't bother anymore xD

Explaining it won't change the fact that you're pro hacking. So I won't bother anymore xD
I'm not pro hacking. I'm just tolerant of ethical-hacking. (illegitimate hacking like level 100 Speed Deoxys with No Guard and Sheer Cold I'm strongly against) Huge difference. But whatever, probably better to move on to some other topic.

1. Hacking is bad if you are playing online
2. If the guy lost his data, lol
3. The ethical hacking is like the w-item of Final Fantasy VII?

1. Hacking is bad if you are playing online
2. If the guy lost his data, lol
3. The ethical hacking is like the w-item of Final Fantasy VII?
W-Item in Final Fantasy VII ? I wonder if this blue pentagon will automatically block Pokemon from being transferred ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back