Show Off GFX Stuff

• Thread starter SaToRi
  • Start date
varies from like 20 - 50 layers depending on what style I'm going for. I end up with the most layers when it comes to smudge styles because I have to smudge the bg like a gazillion times to get a nice flow, and for better detail.

thanks for the comment.
Do you draw them your self or do you get images and then create epic backgrounds for them?

Do you draw them your self or do you get images and then create epic backgrounds for them?

I get renders(character image) from various sites across the internet. Most of my backgrounds are custom made. I do use stock backgrounds for some Anime tags that goes good with nice scenery, and sometimes I do stock merges which means I merge 2 -3 bg images together to make one beautiful background like what I did on the wallpaper I made for 3dspedia. You can find that thread in this gfx section.

I have a graphics tablet by wacom, but Idk how to draw very good. I tried to do digi paint, but it's hard.

Those are amazing :) I like the zapdos one and the avatar ones a lot (how long did it take you to make them?

Those are amazing :) I like the zapdos one and the avatar ones a lot (how long did it take you to make them?

nowadays it dosen't take me that long since I already know what I'll be doing. It's jsut adding effects and execution that takes long. So like 1 - 2 hours.

back then used to take 4+ hours, and they were really noobish xD

They all look really really nice (I feel pritty ashame I only know a quarter or less of them :()

All of them look very nice and colourful but have you tried to add some overlays? I love overlays, they can make a picture on the computer seem hand-drawn, burned or even decaying. You can add a personal touch by using them. :)

They all look really really nice (I feel pritty ashame I only know a quarter or less of them :()
That's okay..A lot of people dunno about Touhou, and most of my gfx is Touhou related. thanks for the comments ;3
All of them look very nice and colourful but have you tried to add some overlays? I love overlays, they can make a picture on the computer seem hand-drawn, burned or even decaying. You can add a personal touch by using them. :)

I used to do that, but i dont anymore..I do it sometimes for smudge tags nowadays, but I haven't made a smudge tqag in forever. thanks for the comments.

you use textures with smudge tags. he doing photomanip tags doing textures would screw up the images he going for. you can add simple effects to draw the eye to certain point as as well as having a better light source

Reactions: SaToRi
I really like ur work it's makes me feel like I don't have to throw in textures To give its a non-pasted (buts it dosen't look like the blur thingy) over feel I also like the bright colors that just make it stand out so spice

you really only have to use textures in smudge as it give the detail. i never once said you have to do smudge style like me kokuren

When I make smudge tags, I don't even use textures anymore. Only if it really feels empty. I just use a 15px hard brush, and smudge with that. Takes a lot of time, but it gives really good detail, especially when you play around with the size.

FG effects for smudge tags are my weakness there. Can't seem to get it right

OMG, those look awesome! You do better than I ever will!

lol..dont be like that. you can try.

Vaporeon is the awesomest one because he is the only character I know, and I like him better than Zapdos.

Good Job gathering those photos SaToRi!:D
Keep it up! I enjoy looking at them:rotfl:

Vaporeon is the awesomest one because he is the only character I know, and I like him better than Zapdos.
Vaporeon is one of my favorites too. Maybe I should do more Pokemon/Manga tags
Good Job gathering those photos SaToRi!:D
Keep it up! I enjoy looking at them:rotfl:

thanks for the comment bro

Where did you get all these?!

Where did you get all these?!
I made them myself by manipulating photos in Adobe Photoshop. It's a photo editing program.

Wait...you made them!?!:snaphappy:

Wait...you made them!?!:snaphappy:

Well, I didn't draw any of the characters(Renders)
but I did make the backgrounds(Except for the scenery ones) and organize/place them in a way that makes a nice composition, then add effects and stuff, some text here or there, and basically what i posted is a final product of a character(render) slapped on what used to be a black plain background.

Back