Handheld or Console?

• Thread starter Joey
  • Start date
I normally play handhelds, just because the games and systems themselves tend to be cheaper than home consoles. Alongside this, I like being able to take them wherever you go. It does sadden me a little when good games come out on consoles I don't, and probably never will, own.

Reactions: 18
I prefer handhelds for there portability. I like how I can easily pack up my game and take it with me wherever I go. I don't have to sit on my couch all day to play like I would with the Wii U. Consoles are powerful, and the 3DS is not far off for its standards.

I play handhelds at home, in the morning and just generally when I'm walking around the house when I have my thumbs to spare. Handhelds are also great on road-trips to distract yourself from annoying siblings or even just due to the fact they are portable and if you have multiple handhelds they are theoretically another controller and you can play multiplayer on the go. I mustn't forget to say that also, handhelds have been improved a lot, the graphics are above decent and they have become so powerful. However, home consoles all the way when it comes to graphics and "all that technology stuff." I just feel like it's really hardcore when you have to plug it into the tv and you see the 1080p spread across your widescreen. You also have so many accessories and you don't have to sprint to a charger because it's already plugged in. However it is more costly and not as practical and casual as just firing up your 3ds.... but it's just too hard to choose between my home consoles and handhelds!:cry:

Handheld. Sure, consoles are superior to handhelds since they are capable of more, but I love handhelds because I can't bring my Wii U and its games on vacation with me... On the other hand, I can take my 3DS and all of its games anywhere I go, and the games are still great and more great games are still coming out (Such as SSB4) So yes, handheld rocks.

Consoles for sure. The GC and Wii were both decent consoles, both with a huge library of games which turned out to be very successful. I do like the handhelds, but I just prefer gaming on the bigger screen. xD

I also prefer handheld. I like my 3ds a lot because i can play it everywhere and anytime i want. Many great games to choose from and many good games are coming up. Not really interested in games with great graphics, i just want to play fun games.

I'm a stay at home and cover in m blankets kind of person. This works for both console, and hand held. I'll give hand held the edge though because of the Pokemon Games, and gameboy advance/ds had lots of good games.

Well, after i had my forst one, I can surely say the handlehelds are the best. I can carry it over for boring ocasions, doctor waiting room, bank, etc. With it the time passes ore easy. XD

For Nintendo, handhelds all the way for me. I have a PSP Go and a 3DS, and I often forget that I have the PSP. I tried the Wii U when it came out and never got really interested in it. I had a Wii and almost never played it (it was a gift). But I always buy their handhelds consoles...

I'm gonna honest, i'm a big advocate of both. For example, you couldn't properly enjoy an experience the console gives on a handheld. It took all the way until the GBA came out to port Super Mario World. And handheld games just wouldn't be the same. (i'm sorry, but the console pokemon games were subpar experiences at best) I do plan on getting a WiiU, but for now i plan on rocking my 2DS for the forseeable future. lol

I prefer consoles. I could be biased considering my very first system was a PS2 but I've long since gotten used to the graphics a console system has over a handheld system most of the time. Plus, the large bulk of games I play are RPGs and handheld systems sometimes lack in that department. That isn't to say I don't like playing games on the go but, usually, I'm too absorbed in talking to whoever is in the car with me or looking at my surroundings outside or just enjoying nature (despite the fact that I'm practically a hermit).

For this generation of gaming I definitely prefer Handhelds.

But back when the GameCube and ps2 were out Consoles.

Depends. Right now I really like my 3DS, but I usually enjoy more the console multiplayer or being alone and comfortably playing cool 1P games in the big screen in your living/bed- room.

I prefer handhelds. You can bring them wherever you want and you can easily put them in your pocket. I think the 3ds is one of the best handhelds. The selection of games (Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mario) is great! I like consoles, but handhelds are just better and easier to use.

i prefer handhelds because they are easier to operation like the 3ds is very easy to operate

Back to the topic. Personally, I preffer (the air) handhelds, but it depends of the game.
Pokemon is a long game that is more comfortable to play in a handheld.
Mario Party is a game that is better played in a big screen.
There are exception like mario kart 7 & 8. I loved to play mk7 on the go but i also love to play with friends and family on the big screen.

Can you catch the reference?

From a general point of vue that doesn't apply to Nintendo, I like handhelds better since I think that home consoles are useless. Not useless as in "no reason to buy them given the society we are in" but useless as in "if they didn't exist, the world would probably be a better place".
Why this ? Because PCs can run everything and you can plug whatever controller you want (if consoles didn't exist, all controllers would be compatible with the PC, and big screens for computers would be more numerous so don't tell computer screens are too small).

This general talk doesn't apply to Nintendo since they for example introduced the Wiimote with the Wii, which is probably hard to play with on a computer since you probably need all the space that is available in the living room to play games such as Just Dance.

So yeah, I am more in favor of handhelds but I like Nintendo home consoles too, that's why I bought a 3DS and play Smash Bros Wii U at a friend's.

Well with playstation I prefer the console but with Nintendo I like both equally, games like super smash bros are better on the console but the handhelds have pokemon which I like.

Handhelds are better.

I prefer handhelds, as I can take them everywhere I go and I always have my games right next to me if I have spare time from university or on the bus back home. Plus they're a fair bit cheaper than consoles, which allows me to save money for the 3ds games on my wish list - 18 last I checked. Huh, imagine if I bought a Wii U and wanted to get the same number of games for it as well. :jawdrop: That'd be the death of my bank account.

Back