Have you got lots of Shinies or not?

• Thread starter Naiwen
  • Start date
I never caught a shiny before but i have seen my friend have 2 boxes full of shinies and with 5 ivs. I got jealous

I have never caught or seen a wild shiny in all my games. I have encountered more than 2000 wild pokemon in each. I have Diamond, White, Black 2, and X.

I've never seen a shiny since I've gotten X.

i almost caught a shiny tangela but than my game froze :(

In my Pokemon X, I wonder traded a pokemon and got a shiny pansear caught in a master ball but then wonder traded it off because it got boring...(sigh)

I've caught (and seen) 2 wild shinies in my life. First one, after years of playing, I finally find my first one in Black 2: a woobat. Sure, it was a bit disappointing, but a shiny nonetheless. I won a contest for a shiny honedge this year too. Then I find a shiny combee in Y. Too bad it was a male. A few trades later and I have a floatzel, honedge, and woobat.

Long story short, only two shinies I ever plan on using

To bad-_-

I literally have none, it feels practically impossible to get one. And I've been playing from 3rd generation to the current one and not a single shiny Although they are for novelty only it's not like they're actually useful for competitions.

I might go for a walk one day for 2 to 4 thousand steps to get a shiny with the blue method!
I literally have none, it feels practically impossible to get one. And I've been playing from 3rd generation to the current one and not a single shiny Although they are for novelty only it's not like they're actually useful for competitions.

I might go for a walk one day for 2 to 4 thousand steps to get a shiny with the blue method!
What is this blue method you speak of? Is it like the Masuda method? Do you need the shiny charm for it to work?

search the blue method on a thread on 3dspedia
What is this blue method you speak of? Is it like the Masuda method? Do you need the shiny charm for it to work?

I have a lot of shinies in XY, while in my older games, I have just a couple or a few. I don't shiny hunt in XY, but every once in a while, I'm in a Friend Safari, exploring the Pokemon. Then next thing you know, a shiny appears. Also, my friend PokeGenned some competitive Pokemon and gave them to me, and they were shiny. Anyways, the legit shinies I have are from wild encounters. So yeah, I have a lot of shinies in XY

I used to have 7 legitimate, non traded shinies. Then save file corruption came along....... I was reduced to the pastry eating man you see right here, right now.

Reactions: TheSuperKid
Everyone here seems unlucky. I've seen and caught my fair share of shinies, like
  • Wooper
  • Gulpin (during EV training in X/Y)
  • Whismur (during EV training in X/Y)
  • Gyarados (HG/SS)
  • Cascoon (now a Dustox)
And now traded shinies:
  • Samurott
  • Vespiquen
  • Dragonite (named Epic)
  • Octillery
And now the shiny I couldn't catch, Graveler :rage:
I swear, I will give 2 PC (lol what a fortune) to someone who can give a good reason how rocks can Self-Destruct. And no 'Nintendo Logic' business either. :cool:

I've only ever caught a shiny Eggsecute in FireRed or LeafGreen. I don't remember which. Also in Y a friend traded me a shiny Froakie because I got him a Charizardite Y, but I gave the Froakie to my brother who proceeded to delete his save file to begin a new game ._.

I have had a ton of them over the years. Right now I have about 3 boxes full of them on Y because I trade so much. I caught a few of them, bred a few, and traded for the rest.

I've played Sapphire, Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver, White, and X and I have never encountered a Shiny. My friend, who bought X as his first Pokemon game, got a shiny before he even beat the game.

I have about 10 legitimate shinies and my brother has 115 legit shinies​

Back