How did you discover the 3ds?

• Thread starter Slayerpon Tatsu
  • Start date
Slayerpon Tatsu

Slayerpon Tatsu

The Nopon King of EXP and Hater of Ignorance
Banned User
How did you find out about the 3ds? I personally found out from my friend owning one and seeing a Black Friday commercial revolving around 3ds game deals in 2011 so I really wanted one. I got mine in 2013

I saw lot commercials about 3ds! When I try it first in console shop it was weird, so after I bought 3DS Xl + Mario kart 7! I have my 3DS since 2014! :D

I saw the 3DS in a Nintendo Power magazine.

Well it became popular around the time Pokemon X and Y came out, and I wanted to get back into Pokemon after completely skipping Gen 5 (Very bad on my part I know) so on Black Friday I bought a 3DS which had Luigi's Mansion bundled with it and a copy of Pokemon X. Probably one of the buys that got me to get even more gaming stuff later on (especially the Wii U ^-^)

My brother had told me of the 3DS when it was announced :p I remember being really excited and amazing of how the 3DS looked like. The Circle Pad being one of the best parts since the DS didn't have it. I didn't get a 3DS until much later, however. Those times I wasn't really into any technology other than Nintendo stuff xD

It was a long time before I actually got one. I wanted the older model for my 13th birthday,but got the new xl model 2 years down the road. I don't remember how I found out about the 3ds. I had a PSP and I knew the PSvita would come out soon,but I wanted the 3ds.

Either it was heard on the news, or on the internet. I'm not sure when exactly, but We've both owned an original 3DS since.

I found out about it when Pokemon X and Y came out. Before it, I wanted a ds soooo bad just to play pokemon on it, and when I found out about 3ds, I literaly started screaming and my hype for it lasted until the day that I finally bought it :D

I found out about it when Pokemon X and Y came out. Before it, I wanted a ds soooo bad just to play pokemon on it, and when I found out about 3ds, I literaly started screaming and my hype for it lasted until the day that I finally bought it :D
That was basically me when I got it Christmas day lol

In 2006 or so, I got my very first DS lite. I played it for several years, thinking I had the best transportable system EVER until I saw that my friend had something called a 3DS. He showed me everything it could do, and I eventually got a 3ds XL a couple years later. I'm really happy with it, I just wish I had known about it sooner.

I heard it for the first time when I watched Nintendo's E3 2011 conference, where I saw some of the 3DS games in action, like Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising and the others, even though I was unable to get it due to economy issues back in the day. However, eventually I managed to get one in several months after Pokémon X and Y is announced.

Found out about it from some people I knew who got it when I wasn't really interested in it at all >.<

After I heard about Pokemon X/Y, I got more interested in it >.<

I was very involved in the gaming scene in 2010-11. I knew every console, their specs, their estimated sales, their pros and cons, their exclusives... everything. So it was only natural that I was aware of the 3DS well before its release because I read all the gaming news. As for why I wanted it... Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D was going to be an early title. I bought it just a couple of days after its release. I'm one of the earliest adopters :love:

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
I was very involved in the gaming scene in 2010-11. I knew every console, their specs, their estimated sales, their pros and cons, their exclusives... everything. So it was only natural that I was aware of the 3DS well before its release because I read all the gaming news. As for why I wanted it... Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D was going to be an early title. I bought it just a couple of days after its release. I'm one of the earliest adopters :love:
Mr. KnowItAllWeb Kek.

Reactions: 18
When it was announced at E3 2011 or so, I was extremely excited to see the launch titles playing on what looks like a DS on steroids + a cool 3D effect - of course, the upgraded DS seemed like the coolest thing in the world for me, seeing as how I played my DS for like several hours a day at a bare minimum, haha! I was always looking around at E3 since 2011 and as they announced more cool games, I wanted it even more. Curse the "Oh the 3D is bad for your eyes!" media shenanigans and the 'poor sales' headlines, it gave the console a somewhat bad reputation here and my parents wouldn't buy it for me until like... 2013? I think it was that year, I finally got it and the lack of PictoChat 3D made me want to set the world on fire.

@Marc told me about it.

Saw it in the supermarket when it launched. Knowing my parents, I didn't even ask about getting it and forgot about it.
Some time later, now a student and a friend of mine just bought one. At some point I realized I could buy it too so I did :p

I heard about when it first came out but didn't think I'll be able to get one like ever!!!!!But a year later my mother had bought it for my birthday, but a lot of games weren't out for it yet a least not that I know of... I had it for 2 or 3 years before its manufacturing problem had set in.
It wasn't useable. So I just gave up on it. But then 2 years later I got a 3ds XL with MH4 (one of my favorite games...)

Just after/around it's release date (the normal 3DS), I visited my local GAME store, and managed to play it there (PilotWings resort was the playable title). I was pretty much amazed at the 3D-effect and the features of the handheld. I think it was the Aqua Blue colored 3DS. Naturally, I wanted to purchase one for myself after that, but didn't have the funds (plus my family were against me gaining any gaming consoles/games in general). >.</

Reactions: Haxon
I discovered the 3DS from my best friend. He bought the 3DS when it just came out, but he didn't really like it. When I played it, I really liked them so I bought one 2 years after, because I didn't have money for it.

Back