How did you discover the 3ds?

• Thread starter Slayerpon Tatsu
  • Start date
I was shocked about a new nintendo system being released. As I was waiting for the release of a new pokemon game for the ds, I came across an article saying that the next pokemon game would be released on the 3ds. A new system and a new game. It was a win-win situation.
Same here. I knew the 3DS existed but it was Pokémon X that made me get it. I just loved the fact that you could customize your trainer and once i looked into the 3Ds I was sold. (Or rather the 3DS was :p)

It was December 2014 around Christmas because my mom remembered that I wanted it and usually she doesn't remember something I want if it was something a week old, anyways I saw a commercial for Mario Kart 7 I thought that it was cool that there was a new DS, this time with a circle pad and a home button (I was really stupid back then, somehow I managed to actually enjoy Sonic 06) So I asked my mom for one, she said that they had a BETTER version called the 2DS, she told me that it folded, it played in 3D and not only did it play DS and 3DS it also played 2DS exclusive games (This sounding familiar, anyone?). I wasn't shown any pictures or anything my mom just brought it up because it was cheaper. So Christmas rolled around and I got the 2DS, I nearly pooped myself but I wasn't as happy as I would be if I got a 3DS, but at least it had Mario Kat 7 bundled with it to make up for it, and now I'm stuck with this last-generation doorstop of a gaming device.

A commercial from 2011. I was so astounding and baffled. I wanted it so bad, which I later got in 2012.

A lot of my friends told me and were annoying me and bugging me to get one, and after a long time I finally got the 3DS, and I was so happy to have one!

Saw my cousin play with his Ds when he came to visit my country. Tried Pkmn Diamond on it and loved it. Requested my aunt for a Ds on my birthday, got it and afterwards got Pokemon Soul Silver too. Played the hell out of it xD Loved the Pokewalker, I still have it. <3

So went to Canada for my vacations in 2012. Heard about the 3ds. Was not interested at first. I even had the option to choose the 3ds or a big lego set as a gift but I chose lego because I was small and thought my mom would be angry at me getting a console xD

So ultimately got 3ds Xl in 2014 after getting interested for Pkmn X and Y.

Saw my cousin play with his Ds when he came to visit my country. Tried Pkmn Diamond on it and loved it. Requested my aunt for a Ds on my birthday, got it and afterwards got Pokemon Soul Silver too. Played the hell out of it xD Loved the Pokewalker, I still have it. <3

So went to Canada for my vacations in 2012. Heard about the 3ds. Was not interested at first. I even had the option to choose the 3ds or a big lego set as a gift but I chose lego because I was small and thought my mom would be angry at me getting a console xD

Lego is awesome, you're excused. :p

Reactions: Hayleia

What set was it? >:]

Pretty much it didn't catch my interest till they said SMT IV and animal crossing new leaf were coming out . Up till that point I was kinda interested in it but wasn't sure I would get one right off the bat cause I wanted to make sure they had enough time to work out any bugs if any came up with the system . I have to say tho I don't regret getting one at all and just now bought the new one not to long ago.

Holy crap, thinking about it now, I was in 3rd grade when I heard about the 3DS. I knew about it like a year before it came out, and I used to get into arguments whether it was called the 3DS or the 3D DS. Then in 4th grade when it released, my parents got me it, after I watched some gameplay of OoT3D, which was the only Nintendo game out for it, not including smaller titles. It just really excited me, back when I was little. It's been a long time, 3rd to 9th really flew by with a 3DS.

Holy crap, thinking about it now, I was in 3rd grade when I heard about the 3DS. I knew about it like a year before it came out, and I used to get into arguments whether it was called the 3DS or the 3D DS. Then in 4th grade when it released, my parents got me it, after I watched some gameplay of OoT3D, which was the only Nintendo game out for it, not including smaller titles. It just really excited me, back when I was little. It's been a long time, 3rd to 9th really flew by with a 3DS.
I called it 3D DS too :p

I'm pretty sure I found out about it through following the Pokemon games. I did have a Gameboy, then a Color, Advance, SP... So I got the 3DS mainly for Pokemon X/Y, though I knew that there would be more titles that I would want for it. And it was a great decision, I love it. The variety of 3DS games that can be viewed in your choice of 3d or 2d, the Virtual Console for old games, the silly software 'games' like the ones at the Mii Plaza that connect ppl from around the world... It's all good. ^_^

Back