How did you discover the 3ds?

• Thread starter Slayerpon Tatsu
  • Start date
I discovered 3ds when my cousine bought it for himself but at that time I wasn't interested in Nintendo 3ds that much .

My interest provoke in 3ds when I heard about pokemon alpha and pokemon omega and I bought it a day before or as launched.

I've had previous gameboy consoles so getting the newer version to play the latest pokemon game isn't much of a discovery i'd guess.

I discovered it at the office. We were testing a 3DS game so we got the early consoles at the office to work. I wasn't totally impressed at first but it grew on me quite fast. It became my favourite handheld.

My father told me about a "3D DS" that was going to be released in the near future. I was already having so much fun with my somewhat new DS Lite back then, so hearing the news sparked an excited feeling within me known as HYPE. xD

I don't remember when I first heard about it but it was definitely (the only thing) on my 3rd grade paper "what do you want for christmas" btw, I got it for christmas that year...
but 5 years later it got replaced by the 'new' one

More than five years ago,I read on the Nintendo World edition of March 2011 about a new portable console that was about to be released around the world,and my anticipation for it went sky-high.My parents were initially concerned about the console's 3D function as it warned that it could result in some headaches or eye hurts when used in certain conditions,like playing the console with 3D on for a long time period.My wait for me to have my own 3DS was longer because of my hype,and at Christmas of the same year,I finally got one.It was completly worth the wait to get the console early and follow the great games that were being constantly released for the system. :D

A friend of mine had gotten a 3DS, and when he showed me, I was amazed!
It looked so cool and the games looked better than ever!
Then, he showed me the 3D part! My mind was blown to shreds!
Let's just say he didn't get his 3DS back for a few hours.
I now have my own 3DSXL, and it still rocks to this very day!

Ive had friends that had 3ds's for years and always watched them play, didnt really get into them much although I was a huge fan back in the GBA days. Stopped by a local video game store recently and found out a friend just BOUGHT THE STORE. Started up a convo about the good times we had playing games and it came up that i didnt own a console. He was kind enough to get the only New 3DS XL and copy of Omega Ruby they had in stock and sell them to me discounted :) At the time I had no idea there was a difference between regular and 'new' but once my friends started drooling over the c stick and how fast stuff loaded I know ;D

Me and my friends were hanging out at my house. My friend started to play on his 3ds and I asked him what he was doing. He showed me the 3ds and let my play on it a while. I soon got addicted and started playing alot of games. I soon got my very own and played pokemon the whole day. I failed on my math test though because I didnt study. That really sucked

I got mine in 2013

I discovered the 3DS because it was the next evolution after the DSi XL. I have had all Nintendo handhelds starting with the GameBoy at some point in my life. The moment I heard about the 3DS I had to have one on launch day. There was a midnight release at the local GameStop and I got my Aqua 3DS that early morning in March of 2011.

I discovered it in 2011. We always played DS games at school and one day I was with my DSi and I saw my friend with a new DS. It was the 3DS, I played it and i really loved. After a year i bought one and my first game was mario kart 7. I played everyday the same game. But I broke the 3ds and my cousin gave me a New 3DS last year, i was very happy.

I've known about it since I saw it indoors and I didn't care about it much until I heard about Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. That's when my interests in it grew much larger, especially since Pokemon is my favorite franchise. So then I bought Pokemon X and Y along with a copy of Mario Kart 7 which I no longer have :p

I saw a ad in a 2010 issue of Shonen Jump. I told my friends and family about it but I wasn't sure if they believed me at the time.

I was watching YouTube Poops and heard about the Wii 2 and DS Triple. or something idk I just watched a leak video and then at school I fought with a kid whether it was called the 3DS or the 3D DS

Obviously, from commercials of course. Remember seeing Iwata take that dog out of that nice blue 3DS I craved. When I went to GameStop, I use to go to the station and play the Street Fighter 4: 3D Edition demo and was really amazed at the 3D function.

I saw some commercials and the web was buzzing about it at the time. I didn't buy one until Pokémon X was released though. I was content with my DSi and didn't feel like upgrading. But Pokémon X looked so good... Goodbye retro graphics and hello character customisation! Couldn't pass it up.

in a nintendo news page

My parents of all people are the ones who found out about it first! Anyways they got one for me, and at first I didn't use it much because of the huge lack of games when it first came out... Now, though, I use it all the time

I was shocked about a new nintendo system being released. As I was waiting for the release of a new pokemon game for the ds, I came across an article saying that the next pokemon game would be released on the 3ds. A new system and a new game. It was a win-win situation.

Back