How did you hear of this series?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
I heard of this series when I got my first GBA. I also bought FE: The Sacred Stones with it. I have loved this series since I first played it.
The difficulty is just amazing, adds a lot to the replay value. The hardest part is to keep all of your characters alive.

A number of years back, I was at a friend's house, and we played Super Smash Bro.s Melee. I had no idea at the time who these characters were, but gave it no thought at the time. Years later, in the Nintendo eshop, I saw the demo of Awakening and decided to give it a try. I guess at the time, I thought it looked similar to SRW, though I guess it's the other way around... :p

My brother used to play Shadow Dragon (DS remake) when I was I think 8/9 or something, and when he wasn't home I created a new game and I loved it! About two years later I played the GBA games, which were as great as Shadow Dragon, I especially loved the story from Rekka no Ken :) last year I saw the trailers and played the demo, and I've almost never been so excited for a game as for Awakening, so I buyed it on release in the eShop and it was even better than I imagined! It's in my opinion one of the best games I've ever played and it deserves a lot more fame ^_^

I used to have Fire Emblem back on my Gameboy Advanced, it was a big game here in the UK.

I saw ProJared's review of it, then played the demo.

My little brother got me into the series when we were in elementary school, back in the GBC/GBA days. We played every one of them that was released in the USA. It was super popular in the area I grew up. Almost every kid in the neighborhood and school had it. It was like that when the 3DS version came out too, maybe even worst. Every person I know with a 3DS has it and if you didn't get to the game store super early to get your reserved copy, you didn't get one. Some of my friends had to wait months for a hard copy and others broke down and got the download codes. The only game that sold like that here was Pokemon X & Y, though almost everyone got X.

I heard about Fire Emblem Awakening from a game review site. It scored really high so that's when I started researching the series. I also saw and played the demo from the 3DS eShop. I really hope to buy it soon.

well I didn't start out with awakening just like new awakening fans. :/. I started out with fire emblem when it realeased in. 2003 great game but I was disappointed in fire emblem. 8 because it was way to easy for me.

I heard about it from Amazon {surprisingly}, they kept recommending it to me.

My cousin had a game that I loved to play when I was 5 or 6. Jump 9 years later and I was trying to remember what the game was, eventually I remembered it was the first FE game translated for the GBA. Another year later and it's still a game I love to play. So I guess I can blame my cousin for my love of Fire Emblem

I heard of this series ( and I heard it a lot) when @Marc wouldn't shut up about how awesome this game is. I tried the Demo and it sure was great. So, I guess it was a good thing that Marc did. xD

Reactions: Marc
I don't quite remember, but probably something to do with Super Smash Bros.

Been playing it since GBA :D then when I saw the remake of the first FE in a $1.50 bargain bin in our gamestore, I totally freaked and played it for weeks lol :D

It took me a while to get into the series from when I first heard of it, but it was when my boyfriend was playing the game and recommending it to a friend of mine. A couple months later, I was searching it up and I thought that it would be nice to play it. I also got my other friend into the series by doing so. :)

I never knew of the series until Awakening. I was looking for a strategy game for the 3DS after finishing up Shogun 2 on my computer. A lot of reviewers gave some pretty high marks for the game, so that was another factor. I also liked the demo on the eShop since it felt like something different from most games I've played in the past. And after buying the game, I have to say that I'm pretty satisfied with it.

A lot of Youtubers influenced my thought on it, as well as high marks from reviewers. I had also never tried a game from that genre, and i dont regret buying it at all. The on,y thing that irks me is the Teen rating, as it wasn't really necessary.....

I liked the demo as well :p

I read a review commenting on the lack of feet and had to see for myself

Reactions: 18
I have known the series since their initial release on the gba. But back then I didn't care a lot about them. Eventually with the release of Fire emblem awakening I thought why not give it a try. And now I understand why many people love this serie.

I read a review commenting on the lack of feet and had to see for myself
I've read that review :p GameSpot are like that, if they can't find anything else to nitpick on they'll just point out something like that.

Reactions: Ashkil
Yeah I stopped trusting GameSpot reviews with their generic 8s and constant nitpicking. Their review on Luigi's Mansion was just so terrible.

Reactions: 18
Back