How many shines have you caught?

• Thread starter Lovebeat
  • Start date
Lovebeat

Lovebeat

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Shinies are Pokemon that are irregular shades and have stars that appear AND fade away when you bring them out for battle.

Is there anybody here that has gotten one? Normally you have a 1 in 8192 of getting one, but some people have more luck than other. I haven't caught any myself, unfortunately.

In Silver I had a shiny Sentret and Ledyba, but had no idea they were rare.

On Diamond I got a shiny Weepingbell.

I don't think I've ever encountered one. Unlucky me. =(

I've never seen one...I'm just too unlucky!!

Also one of the unlucky. Never see one but I heard there are amazing

I had a shiny paras in Gold Version.

In all my years of playing pokemon games, I`ve only ever caught two shinies, and that is with the most recent Pokemon X and Y game. Although the names of the pokemon escape me right now.

A grand total of 0. I've had some illegitimates given to me as gifts but yeah, never caught one myself. I don't understand how some people have such luck and will catch 10 or something in the span of a week.

A grand total of 0. I've had some illegitimates given to me as gifts but yeah, never caught one myself. I don't understand how some people have such luck and will catch 10 or something in the span of a week.

I've never had luck EVER. But apparently Pokemon X and Y have really high chances of catching shinies, I've never caught one in my life, and suddenly I've caught two in the span of one week. The trick is Friend Safari, You need to have friends for it to work and have them be online. Apparently that increases your chances of getting a shiny, especially since you're only dealing with three pokemon at a time.

There's also the added new strategy in getting a shiny, using sweet scent you battle 5 of the same pokemon at the same time, and if you trigger the same horde of pokemon over and over it gives you x5 of a high chance, if that makes any sense.

I've never had luck EVER. But apparently Pokemon X and Y have really high chances of catching shinies, I've never caught one in my life, and suddenly I've caught two in the span of one week. The trick is Friend Safari, You need to have friends for it to work and have them be online. Apparently that increases your chances of getting a shiny, especially since you're only dealing with three pokemon at a time.

There's also the added new strategy in getting a shiny, using sweet scent you battle 5 of the same pokemon at the same time, and if you trigger the same horde of pokemon over and over it gives you x5 of a high chance, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people getting hordes of shinies in X/Y, so I'm hoping I'll finally come across one. Hopefully it won't be something lame like a Bidoof or Fletchling, though. I've heard of Friend Safari so I'll also give that a go when I get the chance.

zero. Only had one appear and I tried to weaken it but I used body slam with a pokemon that was 4 lvls lower than it and it OHKOed it. The pokemon was a Delibird

I had 5 shinies they were:Combee,Ledian,Garchomp,Woobat and Larvitar.Combee and Ledian were caught on the same route.I got Garchomp after clearing the Black Tower in Pokemon Black 2.And Larvitar when I was IV breeding for one.

The only one I caught myself is a shiny Luvdisk (apart from the Red Gyarados in HeartGold but anyone who played that game most likely caught that one). I spend about half an hour chain-fishing and to my surprise it worked! :D I traded it away though, I still regret that a bit.

I think that so far , I have only caught one Shiny Pokemon ever in history of all that I played of a Pokemon game . It was a Shiny Shinx in one of the grass on -- I think -- Route 202 in Pokemon Platinum . That time I only had like 5 Pokeballs so I was so lucky and happy that I've caught it :D

I got a shiny rhyhorn in the ORAS safari zone. I have never interacted in any way with shinnies. I have never chain fished or bread for them but it popped up out of nowhere. I was all like no way and panicked a little. At first it didn't want to get in to an ultra ball. I finally caught it and I feel so accomplished.

The only Pokemon I caught was a shiny magikarp. Nothing really specail sadly... I wish ?I had more luck. no shiny when I filled my pokeddex. I feel better trading pokemons and getting free Shinies. It feels good until you have too much and now feel almost nothing to me. Only now is breeding Shinies I feel better about.

I caught only 3. I founded a random shiny Exeggutor In Sokemon Silver. then in Pokemon Platinum I founded a shiny Gastly. In Pokemon X I shiny chaining and I founded a shiny Garydos.

Zigzagoon in Ruby, Ratatta in Gold, Gyarados in Gold, Oddish in X and recently got shiny shinx in Platinum

For people who haven't got a single shiny, chaining is here. Plus you have got masuda, Shiny charm and more I guess. change your luck.

I have bred no shinies what so ever in any of my Pokemon games :p I have caught one shiny though, a shiny Gyarados in Pokemon Platinum I believe :D I was very happy but didn't think it was "shiny" I thought it wassomething special about Gyarados's like Sawsbuck's leafs change color with the season.

I hatched a Shiny Staryu, Nidoran-F, Nidoran-M, and Rufflet in X.

In terms of capture, I got a Shiny Dedenne and a couple of Floatzel in X, and a Pumbloom (Whismur) in Alpha Sapphire.

Back