How many shines have you caught?

• Thread starter Lovebeat
  • Start date
Oh, in gen 4 I caught 1 Pokemon and hatched 1 shiny so that is really cool. Catching shines depends on sheer luck and when you catch one your life is complete and I like that so very much. I fished for a shiny magikarp and found one but I killed one.
You're a really lucky person if you manage to get a shiny from hatching rather than by an encounter,and thus,you did it. :thumbsup:
I once tried doing this method,but all I got was the same male or female Pokemon over and over again.
Yet again,I did a messed up thing with a shiny once in X/Y.I once had a shiny Poliwhirl(which I guess I got from a trade),but the funny part was that I didn't knew it actually a shiny,so because of the curiosity of trading in Wonder Trade,I traded a shiny Poliwhirl without being aware that I lost a shiny.I felt dumb when I realized that. :panda:
Oh well,at least I still have like 4 shinies now.

Awww I'm sorry about that. I am also the person who did that with my same diamond. I didn't really notice that my poachers shiny and I traded it to my friend but I was like its cool:):sleep::cat: and I was happy to give him a shinynpokemon and of course he was overwhelmingly happy that I did that.

Reactions: T-Player Guy
I ran into a shiny Snubull playing Y a while back. It was my first shiny ever. I thought it was really cute being blue with pink spots.

In Pokemon Black, I caught my first and only shiny e.e It was a Fearow... Someone I knew caught a Shiny Dedenne in X/Y and gave it to me >.< I actually used that one.

I ran into a shiny Snubull playing Y a while back. It was my first shiny ever. I thought it was really cute being blue with pink spots.
924753_1472929202966867_949578935_n.jpg

In all the games I've ever played, I have had about 4 shiny Pokemon. They are soooo hard to get! Even in ORAS it is difficult even though it is a higher chance than the original games. I wish there was a way to get shinies without hacking with ease. Maybe some kind of DLC for Pokemon so that we can all occasionally get a cool shiny Pokemon.
Question, for everyone: Does breeding a shiny with another shiny or regular pokemon of the same breed give the offspring a higher chance of being shiny? I wasn't sure but if it is I may be able to start getting more shinies than usual. I dont think it is true though, because I never saw anything on the internet about it or anything.

In all the games I've ever played, I have had about 4 shiny Pokemon. They are soooo hard to get! Even in ORAS it is difficult even though it is a higher chance than the original games. I wish there was a way to get shinies without hacking with ease. Maybe some kind of DLC for Pokemon so that we can all occasionally get a cool shiny Pokemon.
Question, for everyone: Does breeding a shiny with another shiny or regular pokemon of the same breed give the offspring a higher chance of being shiny? I wasn't sure but if it is I may be able to start getting more shinies than usual. I dont think it is true though, because I never saw anything on the internet about it or anything.
Nope. But breeding pokémon from different regions does increase the chances for a shiny quite a lot. That is why everyone wants a Japanese Ditto so badly. My favourite way of getting shinies is chain-fishing, since it is the easiest way of catching one yourself. I think the fun and epicness of the shinies would be gone if you could get them by a DLC though. Part of what makes them so appealing is that they are hard to come by.

Nope. But breeding pokémon from different regions does increase the chances for a shiny quite a lot. That is why everyone wants a Japanese Ditto so badly. My favourite way of getting shinies is chain-fishing, since it is the easiest way of catching one yourself. I think the fun and epicness of the shinies would be gone if you could get them by a DLC though. Part of what makes them so appealing is that they are hard to come by.
Ohhh that explains the shiny ditto 'cravings'.

Besides all the shinies the games throw at you through events like the metagross and red gyarados and stuff but I have never encountereda shiny. I try chain fishing a lot just to get my first shiny. For hours. I have gotten to a chain of 70 many times but still nothing :'( And I masuda method. And I have been playing pokemon for 7 YEARS

Besides all the shinies the games throw at you through events like the metagross and red gyarados and stuff but I have never encountereda shiny. I try chain fishing a lot just to get my first shiny. For hours. I have gotten to a chain of 70 many times but still nothing :'( And I masuda method. And I have been playing pokemon for 7 YEARS
Are you sure you did the chain-fishing right? I got a shiny after a chain of 25... You must have incredibly bad luck :confused:

Are you sure you did the chain-fishing right? I got a shiny after a chain of 25... You must have incredibly bad luck :confused:
I watched tons of tutorials a LOT and am 100% sure I am doing it right. I really annoys me... And even after 7 years of playing pokemon I have not found a single shiny :'(

I watched tons of tutorials a LOT and am 100% sure I am doing it right. I really annoys me... And even after 7 years of playing pokemon I have not found a single shiny :'(
38384392.jpg

Well...at least you weren't born as a magikarp?

Reactions: Furnix
I have at least 30 or more in X alone. I found 9 when I was searching for another shiny but even when I found it (Meinfoo) with the right nature it had the unfavorable ability. At least one was hatched and sold on here (Swinub) and some were from other people (like @Trainer Red ) in which they were competitive shinies. So moral of the story is if you want a shiny or a box full you need a shiny charm or a way to bargain really well with people, in the end it's all up to luck.

The first Pokémon I encountered when I had recieved my Pokéballs in Emerald was a Shiny Poochyena. Now recently I got myself a shiny Suicune in Omega Ruby. Other than that, none, I believe, although I've traded myself a shiny Meowth from Fire Red and got a shiny beldum for OR via event, and a shiny male Nidoran via Wonder trade.
And of course the Shiny (Red) Gyarados in Crystal and Soul Silver, but that one hardly counts as you have to catch it, if I'm not mistaken.

The first Pokémon I encountered when I had recieved my Pokéballs in Emerald was a Shiny Poochyena. Now recently I got myself a shiny Suicune in Omega Ruby. Other than that, none, I believe, although I've traded myself a shiny Meowth from Fire Red and got a shiny beldum for OR via event, and a shiny male Nidoran via Wonder trade.
And of course the Shiny (Red) Gyarados in Crystal and Soul Silver, but that one hardly counts as you have to catch it, if I'm not mistaken.
Now you can just shoo it away (I was a bit stupid at the time), but you can still catch it later on.

I have caught... four myself, if I recall correctly. The first I found was a Tranquill not long into my first Pokemon game, Pokemon White 2, the second I found was a Nincada in Alpha Sapphire and then an Audino when I was replaying White 2. Although that's only three, my shiny Nicada yielded a shiny Shedinja when evolved, meaning it was essentially two shinies I caught that day - bringing the total to four. I have obtained numerous shinies through trading although these are the only ones I have caught myself.

I sent my Tranquill through to Alpha Sapphire through Pokemon Bank or whatever that was called, so they weren't lost when I restarted W2, which gave me my shiny Audino. Nor have I ever traded any of my four shinies and they are all safe inside my PC.

Back