How much space do you have remaining on your SD card?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
When I get my 3ds XL one of the first thing I am gonna do is buy a 16/32 GB card because I am going to be downloading A LOT of games :D, but thats a great idea, to bad we have no Walmart here :thumbsdown:, I hate the only US restriction :(

If you buy that SD card, buy a class 10 one.
Class 4 is the easy one to find, but it's a little slow for the console.

Whats the difference between Class 4 and Class 10?

Whats the difference between Class 4 and Class 10?

Speed.
The minimum performance of Class 4 is 4MB/s and Class 10, 10MB/s

Speed.
The minimum performance of Class 4 is 4MB/s and Class 10, 10MB/s
Does it really do anything different though? Does it load the game faster? I thought those MB rate were how fast it would be to move a file from the computer to the disk.

I never knew that, I always heard the speed but didn't really think it would be effective to an extent, the card I was gonna buy was actually Class 4, I will try my best to look for the class 10 then. The one I was going to buy is the pic at the bottom.
Kingston_SD10G2_32GB19901_sd.jpg

sku_139060_1.jpg

You better research quite thoroughly which credit cards work and which region eshop you're on, to prevent woes, I had them they were just so aggravating.

Actually, I never tried to link my eShop account with a credit card but thanks I will research, it should work if it try it though *hopefully*

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought an 8GB Class 2 Lexar card... It's doing pretty good for me. The only disadvantage is that it Lags a whole lot. I want a 32GB Card and I have 31,835 Blocks Left... It would be awesome if you could give us SD Cards

So what's the status on this at the moment? Is there going to be some kind of system for trading PC for an SD card? Or has this thing been abandoned altogether?

I have about 9,000 blocks left on my 32GB PNY SD Card.

I think it's somewhere around 4000-6000 blocks left. I have whatever sd card the 3ds XL originally came with.

I think it's somewhere around 4000-6000 blocks left. I have whatever sd card the 3ds XL originally came with.

The 3DS XL comes with a 4GB SD Card.

Hahah I use the SD card which comes with the 3ds xl that I had purchased which is 4 GB , I currently have stony 25,000 blocks , amount of space I think it's pretty low.

Hahah I use the SD card which comes with the 3ds xl that I had purchased which is 4 GB , I currently have stony 25,000 blocks , amount of space I think it's pretty low.
it's a decent size compared to the 2 GB that comes with the regular 3DS. Honestly, I think I'll be able to fit a good amount of games with this SD card

I have a 16gb sd card. There's about 75,000 blocks left on it. I plan on getting a better sd card soon. Mines a bit to slow for me.

I have a 16gb sd card. There's about 75,000 blocks left on it. I plan on getting a better sd card soon. Mines a bit to slow for me.
There's still a lot of space in your SD Card :L unless you buy a lot of titles from the eshop you should get a better SD Card lol btw how is a SD card supposed to be slow it just stores information.

There's still a lot of space in your SD Card :L unless you buy a lot of titles from the eshop you should get a better SD Card lol btw how is a SD card supposed to be slow it just stores information.
I bet it's kinda similar to how a PC can be slow when it's got a lot of data within it. He also may be talking about how it's a bit slow to load when the 3DS is powered on

I bet it's kinda similar to how a PC can be slow when it's got a lot of data within it. He also may be talking about how it's a bit slow to load when the 3DS is powered on

I'm not a "he"

I'm not a "he"
force of habit sorry. I didn't exactly know your gender when I had made the post at the time. But am I right in what I had said before or is it something different?

force of habit sorry. I didn't exactly know your gender when I had made the post at the time. But am I right in what I had said before or is it something different?

You were right about that.

You were right about that.
I guess all of you didn't have genders at first ? :p lol
thats most likely the ram of the 3ds too much stuff to run which will slow down the device or console so if you remove ur sD card it will be faster.

thats most likely the ram of the 3ds too much stuff to run which will slow down the device or console so if you remove ur sD card it will be faster.

Or it depends on the "Class" of his SD. For example, a Class 2 SDHC have a transfer rate who goes up to 12Mbit/s.
So, a low-class SD can affect the 3DS, since it'll take longer to make transfers between the RAM and the SDHC.

And little tip: Avoid running a lot of processes. Such "Pausing a 3DS game", running Miiverse or the Note thing. Even though those processes are "killed" when you leave them, they still run in background, eating a small bit of RAM.

By the way *back to original subject*, I have *picks his 3DS* 24 857 blocks remaining. But this will increase, since I'll transfer the 100Mbit each videos that I have made on my 3DS to my computer.

Back