Is My Nintendo Better Than Club Nintendo?

• Thread starter Brick1309
  • Start date

Club Nintendo or My Nintendo?

• Total voters
Honestly, I liked Club Nintendo a lot more. Yes, you had to spend money on games to get stuff, but if you were going to buy the games anyways, there's not really a difference. Club Nintendo gave you physical things like posters and game cases and whatnot whereas My Nintendo has given nothing of the sort, at least as of right now. It's all digital stuff or for Miitomo. I don't really get games digitally since I prefer to have the physical game, and I lost interest in Miitomo not long after it came out.

If they offered physical rewards on My Nintendo, I'd probably be more inclined to try it. Right now, it seems like it's hurting players who actually want to buy games physically over digitally.

Honestly, I liked Club Nintendo a lot more. Yes, you had to spend money on games to get stuff, but if you were going to buy the games anyways, there's not really a difference. Club Nintendo gave you physical things like posters and game cases and whatnot whereas My Nintendo has given nothing of the sort, at least as of right now. It's all digital stuff or for Miitomo. I don't really get games digitally since I prefer to have the physical game, and I lost interest in Miitomo not long after it came out.

If they offered physical rewards on My Nintendo, I'd probably be more inclined to try it. Right now, it seems like it's hurting players who actually want to buy games physically over digitally.
I'm going to assume you mean NA Club Nintendo. The EU version only had some plushies and a few other things of that kind. No games.

Considerinf Club Nintendo inferior to My Nintendo just because My Nintendo is free to use and gain points for is really unfair and nonsensical.

It's supposed to be a rewards and loyalty program, how else do people, like, the customers, prove their loyalty to the company? By buying their stuff. Club Nintendo actually rewarded that.

IMO, Club Nintendo > My Nintendo

I prefer MyNintendo over ClubNintendo. The fact that there is a nice reward system thats not a money hog is really nice, I enjoy accumilating points everyday and saving up for free games and themes. ClubNintendo felt more pay heavy to get rewards. I think it will get even better once MyNintendo start giving out points codes too.

I liked Club Nintendo alot more than My Nintendo because of how it was more rewarding than My Nintendo. Club Nintendo had lots of great VC games to get and some collectible items. OH and I love getting Platinum and Gold status every time because that meant I could get a VC game or Nintendo collectible for free with out the special coins. My Nintendo right now is more like a place where you get Themes, ok VC games, Game Coupons (meaning 30% off some game) and Miitomo stuff and one thing I despise about My Nintendo is that all the good stuff that you want in My Nintendo is that you have to get gold coins. They need to get rid of that and replace it with platinum because most people only get DLC for a game or some cool game like Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow and other VC games not digital games only or mostly physical copies.

I think both are good in their own way. In Club Nintendo, you need to buy games to earn points, but the stuff you get is way cooler than what My Nintendo gives you, even though My Nintendo gives you free coins.

If you were a massive game collector and you got games pretty regularly, you would definitely like Club Nintendo better, because you would be able to get cool Virtual Console and other games from it using the pins you got. You could even make it to Gold or even Platinum status by the end of the year, which would be a HUGE bonus!

My Nintendo seems to be made more like a promotion than a points system. This is because most of the things you get are discounts, which would make many people buy the game, and that is what Nintendo wants. There is not a variety when you want to choose from what to spend your coins on. There are themes, which aren't even all that great. My Nintendo also has some exclusive games (like Zelda Picross, which is thoe only one till now), but Virtual Console and the games Club nintendo gave were far better. It seems to focus more on people who can't buy a whole lot of games.

In conclusion, I think Club Nintendo is far better. Even if My Nintendo has free coins and all, I would rather prefer a good bonus than free not-so-great stuff.

Reactions: Blue Knight
I'm going to assume you mean NA Club Nintendo. The EU version only had some plushies and a few other things of that kind. No games.

Yeah, I meant NA Club Nintendo. I only heard about the stuff EU Club Nintendo had, and I thought some of it was actually cooler than what NA had. I feel like if they had combined the games that NA got with the physical stuff EU got, it would've been a perfect system that gave people games and physical stuff.

Yeah, I meant NA Club Nintendo. I only heard about the stuff EU Club Nintendo had, and I thought some of it was actually cooler than what NA had. I feel like if they had combined the games that NA got with the physical stuff EU got, it would've been a perfect system that gave people games and physical stuff.
In theory that might have worked, except NA Club Nintendo updated every once in a while, whereas the EU Club Nintendo kept the same stuff for years. I've been a member for over two years and they only updated their stock twice, the last time being just before closure. I got myself a Mario Match Two game (a physical one) just as a collectors item, but that's it.

In theory that might have worked, except NA Club Nintendo updated every once in a while, whereas the EU Club Nintendo kept the same stuff for years. I've been a member for over two years and they only updated their stock twice, the last time being just before closure. I got myself a Mario Match Two game (a physical one) just as a collectors item, but that's it.

Ah. That's weird that EU Club Nintendo wouldn't have updated. I ended up getting a game case as the last thing from the NA Club Nintendo. Also got a game. Was hoping to get two, but I messed up on my math and could only afford one. :(

I agree with you completely the physical stuff in club Nintendo was awesome (my personal favourite was the TLOZ: link between worlds ost) and it all felt (how'd you spell that?) very smooth and easy to use. Every time I got a new game I got excited to see how many prizes I could get and physical stuff feels better than I.e. 50% off _____.

Club Nintendo was waaaaayyyy better

I agree with you completely the physical stuff in club Nintendo was awesome (my personal favourite was the TLOZ: link between worlds ost) and it all felt (how'd you spell that?) very smooth and easy to use. Every time I got a new game I got excited to see how many prizes I could get and physical stuff feels better than I.e. 50% off _____.

Yeah, I definitely liked how easy Club Nintendo was to use too. I haven't had many problems with My Nintendo, but that may be in part of how little I use it because there's just nothing on there for me that I would be overly interested in because of how I prefer physical games over digital games. From what I've seen, there's no option for entering physical games in either, which is kind of a bummer because that's how I get pretty much all of my games. :( Hopefully in the future, they add some sort of option for those of us that liked that sort of thing, otherwise I guess I'm just not gonna use it a whole lot.

I heard about the OST! That was one of the years that I didn't get gold or platinum status though. xD The only time I got anything from getting Platinum status was the year they did the Mario hat. I never did get that hat in the mail, rip. :(

This ain't even a contest. Club Nintendo had full games instead of discount coupons, it was easier to earn on Club Nintendo, and there was great physical awards. My Nintendo has prizes that are quite lame compared to Club Nintendo, and earning is so much harder because all games have to be downloaded digitally to earn points.

Me i prefered club nintendo than my nintendo because in my nintendo ,I could get game boy games if i have the exact coin and some fewer nintendo 3ds games with coins .But in my nintendo i find it cool but there rewards there are mostly discounts on games with i am not too much intrested but i was just expecting if there we can buy good games with my nintendo platinum but not with star points :(

Idk, it seems easier or more convenient to get rewards. But the big assortiment of physical items is gone. Now since i don't use miitomo (or whats its name) i don't know if it changes much.

in mi opinion, my nintendo its better than the european club nintendo, since in the european club nintendo there werent any games and now at least we have discounts

Reactions: Shin
I liked club nintendo more than my nintendo. With club nintendo, there were several more rewards that were worth spending coins on. They also had a much larger selection of games than the current my nintendo. It was alot easier to use, get coins, and more. They also had a better rewards program. And you also got alot more of online website credits through purchasing nintendo games. I don't think they should have ended club nintendo, and replace it with my nintendo. In my nintendo, there's a significantly smaller invitory, with discounts of 20% off or more and really cheap games. Though they do have some decent themes you can buy. I still haven't really taken much appreciation in my nintento yet, though I hope they continue to work on it more, and add more rewards and games.

I liked Club Nintendo more because my brother was in it. Nintendo runs in the family, yo. He got free stuff that he flew over to me. I got a Mario plush. At My Nintendo all I ever got is Wario Land which really SUCKS!

I personally liked Club Nintendo a lot more than My Nintendo.
You would get coins for typing in a code in your Physical DS Game's box. They really add up over time!
You could get real items for playing games, like a bag and other cool stuff. It would be mailed right to your house!
Your coins would stack up and you could buy full $40+ games with them! The best part was that every year, you got to pick out a free game to download, including $40+ ones! I was pretty bummed when it ended.
My Nintendo works differently. Instead of $40+ games, you got discounts for $40+ games and sometimes some VC stuff that doesn't cost nearly as much. There are no more physical rewards, and the coins you use to buy discounts with come from online purchases on the eShop.
I liked Club Nintendo a lot better.

Reading about the differences between these two makes me sad. I haven't joined either group, and I've missed out if user-consensus proves true.
There's what was, (Club Nintendo, which gives you more for your money on games you were going to buy anyway,) and there's what is. (My Nintendo, which gives for free the games you weren't that interested in to begin with...For now...)

I can only hope My Nintendo learns a few things from its elder service, otherwise I'm certainly not joining it.

Back