1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Let's Complain about School!

Discussion in 'Academic Discussions' started by 3dsCollector, Dec 6, 2017.

1. 3dsCollector

3dsCollector The Hero in Green Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    355 coins
    Dang they gave you detention for not paying attention in class??? During free/study time??? That's some BS right there... If your school principal is nice I'd talk to him/her about this. Remember to be kind to them and explain how you meant no disrespect to the teacher, you just didn't want to study. I had a similar experience in high school but my principal was extremely nice and understanding. Best of luck to you!

EDIT: Mispelled "principal." I can't even English correctly, lol thanks school. jk
  2. MysticFantasy

MysticFantasy Blue Santa hats are better than red :3

Play Coins:
    147 coins
    Lol my teachers always gave me crap for doodling on anything but doodling actually helped me concentrate so they just gave up and dealt with the fact that my homework tests and notes had doodles on them XD
    3dsCollector likes this.
  3. Bosak

Bosak Programmer, Small-Time Shoplifter

Play Coins:
    23 coins
    http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1882127,00.html
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/17/doodling-benefits_n_7572182.html
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/the-thinking-benefits-of-doodling-2016121510844

Time Magazine, Huffington Post, and Harvard-- All are reputable sources, and all of them express positive feedback on the concept of doodling. I am debating using these three presented articles as resources for a potential repeal for this punishment.
    3dsCollector likes this.
  4. 3dsCollector

Play Coins:
    355 coins
    If your school has a repeal process I'd recommend it for your case. It seems like your teacher was just being an (other word for donkey that makes the use of "an" correct).
  5. Knight

Knight Aspiring Punladin Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    62 coins
    I kind of like school, despite constantly whining about classmates, procrastinating on essays, doodling in notebooks, browsing memes and questioning the education planning. Just like everywhere else, a lot of students complain about how "pointless" what we study is, and how we'll never use any of that in real life (math, history, literature, art, communication are common victims), but I disagree. All-round education is very important, I don't think most students realise exactly how much. And if you really are that uninterested in studying, quit and stop dragging other students down with you. Go flip hamburgers at a fast food restaurant if you can't be bothered to learn, some people want to study and you have no right to hinder their education (harsh, but that's my opinion). That only applies to secondary or tertiary education meant for more ambitious people who want to get somewhere in life, but mandatory education has its own share of issues too. I just want my fellow students to take their studies seriously, or drop out if they won't. Secondary education is not mandatory, if you have chosen to continue with secondary education, you have to take responsibility for your studies. Adults should be capable of doing that.

That being said, there's plenty of room for improvements. School in my country is infamously messy - students who need special help rarely get what they need, the grading system changes every election (only slight hyperbole), too little is done to prevent bullying, there's a serious shortage of teachers, math class is seriously lacking (my country is one of the worst at math in the entire EU), troublemakers are seldom properly dealt with and the government has no idea what the education needs. That mostly applies to primary school, but secondary school is an awful mess (the ones I know of), and I have little experience with tertiary education. I hope it's better, but that remains to be seen.
    School is important, but there are a lot of issues that need to be fixed.

But that's based on my experience with a small number of schools in my county in my country. It's probably different in the rest of the world.
    3dsCollector likes this.
  6. Bosak

Bosak Programmer, Small-Time Shoplifter

Play Coins:
    23 coins
    You use “an” after a word beginning with a vowel, and I know one starting with a vowel ;)
    3dsCollector likes this.
  7. MegaStriker

MegaStriker Pokemon Master Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    6 coins
    Math is torture
    3dsCollector likes this.
  8. 3dsCollector

Play Coins:
    355 coins
    Math being my current major... I have to agree!