Mario or Sonic?

• Thread starter milksheikh
  • Start date

Mario or Sonic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pick which character?

Mario for me. He got me into Nintendo in the first place, and I think he's more popular than Sonic. I really enjoy Mario games, great for the family and friends (multiplayer enabled titles like Super Mario 3D World and Mario Party). I do like Sonic, but I get bored of the games pretty easily, they seem repetitive. It's all about racing to the finish. xD

Reactions: FreakyStyley
The first game I ever played when I was a baby was Super Mario World. I also loved playing Sonic the Hedgehog on my cousin's Genesis, but Mario always stuck out more. He got me into Nintendo and well...two decades later...I'm still giving Nintendo my buck and playing their games. lol

Reactions: Mikaya
i just LOVE sonic he has always been my favorite gaming character and he will always be i think mario's around like my fifth favorite.

Wow, i really had to think about this one. I voted Sonic, mainly because i grew up playing the Sega Dreamcast.
So games like Sonic Adventure 2, Jet Set Radio, Dead or Alive, and Tokyo Xtreme Racer really impacted my childhood, and the way i look at games today.
Hehe... every once in awhile ill dust off my Dreamcast and fire it up to play Phantasy Star. :)

Wow, i really had to think about this one. I voted Sonic, mainly because i grew up playing the Sega Dreamcast.
So games like Sonic Adventure 2, Jet Set Radio, Dead or Alive, and Tokyo Xtreme Racer really impacted my childhood, and the way i look at games today.
Hehe... every once in awhile ill dust off my Dreamcast and fire it up to play Phantasy Star. :)

The Dreamcast is such an amazing system. It still holds up so well to this day.

I agree with ya, makes me sad how it died out so fast though. :cry:

It had the toughest competition in home console history, though... The PS2. :( I always preffered the Dreamcast, though. I had mine 'til about a year ago.

Reactions: Mr.Panda
I remember my first time playing a PS2 lol. i Played Klonoa 2 ,probably the greatest platformer iver ever played on Ps2 and the graphics were just amazing!

Klonoa rulessssss

Reactions: Mr.Panda
Mario for me I think Sonic is a huge jerk if you know what I mean but I dont know its just well Mario was first, Sonic sucks, Mario is actually technically faster than Sonic believe it or not, and over all Mario is a more enjoyable character over all. Mario is a nice plumber dude who just wants to save the princess and the Kingdom while Sonic is just some hedgehog who is over-confident about his running speed.

That is a very hard question for me. If u mean game wise I would choose mario. SM3DW is a super awesome game but Sonic Lost World and Boom just went and killed the sega franchise. If u mean in ur own opinion, I would choose sonic. The first game I actually got was Sonic Rush. He even had his own game based on his 20th bday. That was a pretty cool game tho.

I would say that both of them are really cool characters but in the end I would say Mario because he is very cool and the main mascot in Nintendo which is a company that I really love . Though I never really play Mario games , I can always count on them to always be a fun game that I can play casually :)

Sonic. Sega may have ruined him in recent years, but Sonic 2 and 3 were absolutely amazing and would beat any Mario SNES game for me. He's faster, he's cooler... at least he used to be. Now Sega have tried too hard to make him a kids' mascot thing that goes, 'Hey kids! Remember not to sit close to the screen! And I'm your Sonic hero etc. etc.' He's a cartoon character now. But in his heyday, his games were amazing.

Reactions: 3391
Sonic got me into gaming, so Sonic.

He stopped being cool after Unleashed imo. I liked the day missions in that game :3

Sega, I now you read everything I post, fix Sanic dat Hedgehog!

Reactions: 18
I really can't decide, I grew up with Mario and Nintendo and never really thought about Sega. Then I found out about sonic mostly through watching the TV shows and I really like the games as well but as for who's the best I would have to say Mario because I like his games better.

I think that the Mario series is much better than the Sonic series, as the latter has really gone downhill lately, and is not looking good as for its chances of recovery after nearly a decade of poorly reviewed games and spin off series. As this is a Nintendo forum, what do you expect me to say?

I would go gor Mario as he is my childhood idol. I don´t mean that by the time I was a Little kid I did not know about Sonic, I did and I played Sonic games as well. I think one of the key features that got me stick to mario is that he has so many power-ups, I mean he could throw fireballs and dress up as a frog to swim faster. I think that´s why I choose mario, he much cool!

Mario for me. Mainly due to nostalgia, as Super Mario 64 was my first video game :v

Sonic *is* really cool and fun on his own though.

Back