most hated monster?

• Thread starter 4771
  • Start date
I've never liked the Great Jaggi. Though it is easy, it's so small that I can barely hit it! And then fighting it online.......? Dude, when four people are hitting that little thing, stuff doesn't work out, xD!
You haven't fought Kirin yet, have you?...

and yet people still say unicorns are all happy and fun... yep, they're definitely wrong :blackeye:

Like, the only Elder I haven't fought, xD. But, I fought the other small elders, they were dumb... Right now I'm fighting the snake elder. I haven't gotta' play a lot, cause, I got it release day, and I'm not G-Rank.

Like, the only Elder I haven't fought, xD. But, I fought the other small elders, they were dumb... Right now I'm fighting the snake elder. I haven't gotta' play a lot, cause, I got it release day, and I'm not G-Rank.
that won't be first time you'll see the dalamadur. just wait until you reach G3 :sneaky:

that won't be first time you'll see the dalamadur. just wait until you reach G3 :sneaky:
Dalamadur is more annoying than it is hard.

Reactions: Neofang64
[MH3U] Diablos and their ilk wasn't really that big of a problem for me back when I was doing their quests... I figured out how to NOT make them do their heatseeking charge attacks on me, which is very important, because I was a slowpoke HeavyBowGunner. It involves a trick of rolling to a "weaker" side* at a specific point in their pre-charge animation, and successfully doing it makes them go straight for your previous position instead of charging forward and veering towards you as they come.

* (Dia and BlaDia have opposite weak sides - one left, one right; weak side because you can only do the trick at that side - it won't work on the other as they will 100% correct their charge direction)

What I sincerely hated with a burning passion before I took a hiatus from MH3U was Lucent Nargacuga. It is a very painful fight as a HeavyBowGunner, and I just couldn't get that one item I was trying to farm from it. Every fight had me spending a LOT of items just to take it down (solo), until it got to the point where I'm just tired, and moved on. All the other bigwigs - Deviljho, Brachydios, Zinogres, Diablos, my Arken Antiphon makes short work of them just fine.

With only three words, I'll describe my mortal enemy: Broken Hitboxes Galore!!!!

The Green Plesioth, who can hit you with more accuracy than a computer can calculate 1+1. It is just insane how far that guy's reach is! Me and my friends call him Fugly Basterd everytime we hunt him, so we at least get a little laugh out of our frustrations.

Next to that, I'd say I have a very fond hate of the Dire Miralis. I've never stayed in an encounter for longer than 7 minutes or so. But one day, I'll beat him.

Reactions: Pepy550
Lol, I just fought some Kirins and thought they would fit well in that topic, and now I see they are already mentionned :p

So yeah, Kirin.
Runs around all the time so you can't hit it, and it hurts you when doing so.
So thin you always miss it when it stops running around. You manage to hit your friends though.
And when you manage to hit it, you bounce, even at purple sharpness (at least with my DB, I don't know for other weapons).

Lol, I just fought some Kirins and thought they would fit well in that topic, and now I see they are already mentionned :p

So yeah, Kirin.
Runs around all the time so you can't hit it, and it hurts you when doing so.
So thin you always miss it when it stops running around. You manage to hit your friends though.
And when you manage to hit it, you bounce, even at purple sharpness (at least with my DB, I don't know for other weapons).
hellruin glaive "omen"
sharpness +1
*boink, BOINK, BOINK, BOINK!!!!!*

Ok, so it's not just my DB who bounces but everyone.
And lolwat, that thing can wombo-combo. I had full health and was behind it when I took an attack that paralyzed me and removed half my health, no idea what, then it turned over me, attacked once (1/4 health) then twice and I was dead. I have no idea why I didn't fly or something that would give me some invincibility frames (so that I only lose half my health) after the first or second attack.

Mind's Eye is a godsend with Kirin

Yeah, I used my Kaiser X set to get my Azure Peaks, but still, that's an annoying monster. You can't even trap it nor paralyze it -.-

I hate Diablos, they just keeps spamming the charge, dig, and charge tactic. And then there's the Rath monsters who never leave the air, forget flash bombs and you're in for a world of arrogance.
Then my most hated monsters are Ukanlos and Akantor, they are just, just, annoying...

I hate Diablos, they just keeps spamming the charge, dig, and charge tactic.
Well since they spam it, you know how to avoid it after getting it 5 times.
And by the way, you can throw Sonic Bombs when they dig to make them get their head out, then you can hit it with all you've got, then it starts flying for some seconds before touching the ground again but you already threw your Flash Bomb which made it fall so you can hit it with all you've got again.

And then there's the Rath monsters who never leave the air, forget flash bombs and you're in for a world of arrogance.
Or come with a Bow :p
JK, I only do that when I do low or high rank quests but in G, your armor is quite ridiculous when you have a Bow.

My least favorite monster is the gigginox. It is very annoying when it poisons you because you have to get taking antidotes. It keeps climbing on the wall making it nearly impossible to hit when you use a melee weapon. And when it's enraged, it's skin hardens and you have to what until it turns back to normal.

My last favorite monster has to be khezu.

Kirin. Even the level 1 guild quest took me 5-9 min.with G rank equipment.... The low rank equivalent made me bounce. If Kirin is a key quest later on, I think I'll just stay a g2 noob for life. It isn't a fun, nor easy monster to fight. Just a chore...

Kirin. Even the level 1 guild quest took me 5-9 min.with G rank equipment.... The low rank equivalent made me bounce. If Kirin is a key quest later on, I think I'll just stay a g2 noob for life. It isn't a fun, nor easy monster to fight. Just a chore...
Wait about Oroshi Kirin?

Wait about Oroshi Kirin?
I haven't fought it, but it looks like an even bigger pain than Kirin is...

I haven't fought it, but it looks like an even bigger pain than Kirin is...
Its like the same thing, except instead of contiuousy stunning you, every attack you get hit by will give you iceblight which slows down your stamina recovery and increases the usage. Theres also a move that gives you the snowman effect where youre frozen and cant do anything for around 30 seconds.

Back