Most hated subject

• Thread starter 4362
  • Start date
Well, same for me, I used past tense when talking about high school ;)
After high school, I spent two years in preps school, which are feared by most high schoolers for their maths :p

I hate programming and computing, or ICT and PCR in England. I don't hate the subject, just the teacher. Lol.

English...
Nuff said.

English...
Nuff said.
Are you from an English speaking country ? Because if no, then English is probabbly learning how to speak English, and if yes, English is probably studying texts, so we are not talking about the same thing :p

Are you from an English speaking country ? Because if no, then English is probabbly learning how to speak English, and if yes, English is probably studying texts, so we are not talking about the same thing :p
U.S. So yeah...

Math is the worst in my opinion

I hate math because at my school they make you have 2 whole hours of math which feels like forever despite how boring the subject is. Like seriously it feels like a battle trying to stay focus for 2 whole hours without thinking of jumping out of a window!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate math because at my school they make you have 2 whole hours of math which feels like forever despite how boring the subject is. Like seriously it feels like a battle trying to stay focus for 2 whole hours without thinking of jumping out of a window!
You complain because you have two hours? I have 9 hours a week, spread throughout the week in 3daysx3hours with no breaks!

Reactions: Hayleia
To me Math is easy,
English gets on my nerves when I always do something wrong on a paper
Biology is alright, but the classmates are annoying ( I'm one of the teacher's favorite)
Spanish...eh, muy aburridos.
History is easy.
I also have college classes, those are surprisingly easy if I listen carefully.

You complain because you have two hours? I have 9 hours a week, spread throughout the week in 3daysx3hours with no breaks!
I have 2 hours per day. 5 days a week

I have 2 hours per day. 5 days a week
So, basically you have a hour more every week, but you do incredibly easier math. Seems fair to complain.

So, basically you have a hour more every week, but you do incredibly easier math. Seems fair to complain.

You're the one who made it into a complaining competition though?

Also "incredibly easy" is so subjective. High school level math might seem just as difficult to a high school student as college math is to a college student.

Linear equations took a long time for me when I first learned them, but now they seem to be "incredibly easy." But linear equations seemed just as hard to my 5th grade self as calculus does now to my 11th grade self.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luna and Iridium Winter
To add onto what Jack said. Gamercat is 5 years younger than you, Tho.

Reactions: Jack
Also "incredibly easy" is so subjective. High school level math might seem just as difficult to a high school student as college math is to a college student.
No because I remember not listening at all in math class in high school (programming on calculators) and still having the best grades in the class. At college level though, I had to listen. So yes, high school math classes were easier than college math classes, even without taking in account that high school maths are easier than college maths.

Amen to this. I found out how beautiful math's potential may become, thus no longer representing my least favorite subject.

Math always became the subject that guaranteed my future success, and without it, I would have never attended the number one public university in the world.

Math may seem boring and inapplicable, but that depends on your teachers and tutors on how difficult it will be, and yourself. Actually, its difficulty just promotes more collaboration between like-minded students who wish to transcend the hardships. This is crucial to engineers.

Like @J9794 told me, it takes a creative and passionate mind to appreciate math and further its development so we may continue to have a tool worthy of universal communication. I love math majors, because we always need people willing to do, what others cannot.

Now, I conclude this post by saying that my least favorite subject now is computer science because of how OVERRATED it is.

Reactions: J9794
Amen to this. I found out how beautiful math's potential may become, thus no longer representing my least favorite subject.

Math always became the subject that guaranteed my future success, and without it, I would have never attended the number one public university in the world.

Math may seem boring and inapplicable, but that depends on your teachers and tutors on how difficult it will be, and yourself. Actually, its difficulty just promotes more collaboration between like-minded students who wish to transcend the hardships. This is crucial to engineers.

Like @J9794 told me, it takes a creative and passionate mind to appreciate math and further its development so we may continue to have a tool worthy of universal communication. I love math majors, because we always need people willing to do, what others cannot.

Now, I conclude this post by saying that my least favorite subject now is computer science because of how OVERRATED it is.
Computer Science isn't overrated in the least! If you simply took the time to study it a bit, you would see that, not only is it useful, it's literally essential! What IS overrated are some institutions, but let's not go there.

Back to the topic, where I am, we do University-level material in the same subjects at High School, so you can't even begin to understand the difference there is between here and where you people are. But enough of that. What I want to say is that EVERY subject can seem really bad to someone and to someone else, it may just be what they most like! It depends on the person, so, let's not argue.

I used to hate History, l mean l'm tired of hearing about George Washington and Martin Luthur King Jr every single year. I've been learning it since 2nd grade. Until l reached 5th grade? I had the best History teacher ever. I love her <3 She would make history so much fun, instead of George Washington, we'd learn about different things, like Queen Elizabeth and their lives, how Queen Mary got the name Bloody Mary, and The Native American people. The lndians. The Incas, the Mayas, the Anzi (l think they're called that).

That was fun and very interesting, l even realize l had this huge interest in Native Americans culture because of her. History became from boring to amazing! 7th grade was cool as well, we learned about Greeks, Romans, old ways of living in different COUNTRIES and places OUTSIDE of America. Once again, l realized now that anything OUTSIDE of America is interesting to me.

And then I have 8th grade history...."this class is for the U.S history only!" Great, now more George Washington...and now, History is boring again. I try to force myself to get into it, nothing.

My second hate is Science. I am learning about stuff on the Earth, core, mantle, volcano, sciency words and l always found science boring...this class is even more boring. I'm surprised l even got a B in her class. I expected an F tbh, or even worse, a Z if that even exist.

So, to answer, Sadly, US history and science. Also PE cuz lm very lazy, and l always think gym should be just some kind of sports club.

I wrote a lot lol.

Aww, I glad there's more people who admire math as much as I do :p.

However, I strongly disagree on the difficulty comparision between highschool and university: at least in my case, the difference between both difficulties was abismal, mostly because the math I saw when I was in highschool was too stupid, university math is the real deal (and I'm just an engineering student, so I'm just taking a peek at the vast amount of knowledge on maths). Still, math (and a lot of other subjects) are more interesting and well explained in university that they are in higschool, so IMO it is difficult, but you also feel more motivated to study it (in the case you like the subject).

Computer Science isn't overrated in the least! If you simply took the time to study it a bit, you would see that, not only is it useful, it's literally essential! What IS overrated are some institutions, but let's not go there.
So you want to talk about essentiality and usefulness? Someone cleaning and keeping my toilet clean is both essential and useful. That argument leads no where.

Also, thanks for proving my point.

Back to the topic, where I am, we do University-level material in the same subjects at High School, so you can't even begin to understand the difference there is between here and where you people are.
And since we're on the topic of ignorance, I'll throw you a word you probably don't understand: relativism. Math has its basis on logic, and that never changes. Let people complain on their own accord without downplaying comparisons; I'm just adding to this pandemonium.

Aww, I glad there's more people who admire math as much as I do :p.
*bump* Thank you for that. ;)

Last edited:
Whats your most hated schol subject?
Mine woud be math
Most times its so boring and easy that I lose all concentration and other times i dont understand it >_>
I hate physical science

Back