Must Have Mario Games for the Nintendo 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
In my country Wii U still costs 550 $, Wii costs 230$, 3DS costs 270$ and 3DS XL costs 320 $ :( :vomit: that's why I bought 3ds xl in greece.. but games are still like 63 bucks -.-

That's nothing...
I will resume with an old update:

$20 eShop card ::::::::::::::::::::: AR$220. (USD 37.85)
$35 eShop card ::::::::::::::::::::: AR$350. (USD 60.22)
$50 eShop card ::::::::::::::::::::: AR$450. (USD 77.43)
Nintendo 2DS (US$2000) --> 343,6 dollars
Nintendo 3DS (US$2100) --> 360,7 dollars
Nintendo 3DS XL (US$2700) --> 463,8 dollars
Nintendo 3DS XL (Pokémon X & Y Edition) --> (US$3000) --> 515,7 dollars

Every game already cost close between 100 to 120 bucks.

holy piss :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The Mario games that you must have are Mario Kart 7 , Super Mario 3D World , Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario Bros 3 ( Gameboy ) and Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

From most of the Mario games I played I had a wonderful experience, so these are some of, what I think, are must have games:
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Mario Kart 7

The only must have Mario game is Mario Kart 7. This applies to anyone.

Depending on what you like I'd say Super Mario 3D Land is a must own, same with Luigi's Mansion. There aren't many good Mario games on the 3DS.

Smash obviously but not sure if I can classify that as a Mario game.

I would say that every nintendo 3ds owner can't miss Super mario 3dland and Luigi's mansion dark moon. Those two are must have for me, the amount of content they offer is gracefully outstanding, something that every or almost every mario game lover would appreciate.

I have seven(or eight,if you count SSB for 3DS as a Mario game) 3DS Mario games as of now,and from personal taste,I'd say Mario Kart 7,Super Mario 3D Land,Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon and M&L:Dream Team are the Mario games for 3DS that you should look forward the most to have.I would put Smash for 3DS in there,but I don't really count that one as a Mario game,since it's also represented by lots of other franchises,but it's still just worthy as those four.. :thumbsup:

Most of them are great with the exception of Paper Mario Sticker Star. If you played and loved the previous games please do not buy it. Miyamoto actually went to the development team and told them to not focus or worry about the story. In an RPG? Really? So in result the story is just horribly watered down making this Soggy Mario. If you haven't played any of the other Paper Mario games, MAYBE you'll think it's decent but compared to the rest it's by far the worst in the series.

Well I'm sure if every fan of Mario who has a 3ds must have super Mario 3d land,it is a great game another one I guess is super Mario bros 2 for the Nintendo 3ds and Mario and Luigi dream team is also a Mario game must have for the Nintendo 3ds.

Mario kart 7 is extremely necessary, if you want to maximize your life.

Lol just kidding.

I like having Mario kart on DS so I can race wherever I go. I never get bored of it, and I love the Concept of it. I think everyone should own mk7 (long story about what happened to my gamechip) but it twas a good game. I loved it :)

I love the portability of it too. I think Smash, and mk7 answering the question.

Reactions: 18
If you don't have Mario Kart 7, a part of your 3DS is missing.

:cat:

Like Super Smash Bros. 3D and Pokemon X/Y, it shouldn't be missed.

New Leaf and Fantasy Life! Though I don't have either, they're definitely up there on my list. And also, since I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan, I would say Awakening as well, and at least one of X/Y or ORAS. Mario Kart 7 is one of those games that everyone seems to have also. :D

Edit: I read this title wrong. For Mario games, it would be 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. I also liked the Mario Tennis one too.

Last edited:
GerudoWarriors guide to which 3ds games that it is important to have. You need at least one of the pokemon games (X&Y, or OR&AS). You need Mario kart 7. You need at least one Zelda game (OoT 3d, MM3d or ALBW). You need an rpg, and fire emblem is great for this spot. But the most important game you need is suphur smesh brethers!!

Yeah, Mario's games ever! I think 3D Land and Kart 7 are the main Mario's titles from 3DS and everyone needs to play! xD

I acctually think that super Mario 3d land is a great game. The 3d effect on it is great and I love the final boss. Not strictly a Mario game but also donkey Kong country returns 3ds is a great game as well

Reactions: Rockback
Mario cart for the ds. it's not a 3d game but you can buy the card for cheap and it works on the 3ds.I think it's better than the new versions of Mario Cart. There are special missions and Bosses and balloon battle is EPIC.

Most of them are very good, specially Mario Kart 7 that provide lots of playing hours and as good as every mario kart game have been. I haven't played Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, I really would like to try it, it seems to be a very interesting and fun game!, Another one that I would like to play Super Mario 3D Land it seems so good too!, but most of Mario games won't disappoint too much probably they could be a bit boring or not that good but you always will get a great game!

So currently I would say that Nintendo hasn't released a Super Mario 64 remake for the 3ds and it would be really cool even though there was already a remake for the DS . This game would definitely be a good success and I would play the game over and over because it is very addicting to do so :p

Mario Kart 7 and Mario&Luigi: Dream Team are two games "must have" for the Nintendo 3DS

Gonna be straight forward and honest and say nearly all of them. All mario games on the 3ds console so far are a must play awesome game, they all interperate the original mario games and expand it, for example mario 3d world, it has very good mechanics and enemys and challenge but still gives you that little piece of nostalgia from the old mario games, mario kart, and paper mario sticker star also give you that feeling from there past games, although nothing can beat the second in the series paper mario thousand year door, sticker star is still a must play in m opinion

Back