My 3DS!!!

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
are you very protective over your 3DS (seeming as it's one expensive piece of hardware) or do you let others play it? (i.e family, friends) or do you prefer to keep it to yourself just in case something bad happens to it? xD

I must say I am. I wouldn't give it to my relatives (such as sis', bro's kids) because they would break it I bet. xD

So, I hide it away if anyone comes around (kids etc). Call me selfish! ;)

Reactions: Leej07, Slayerpon Tatsu, Ninja-Patty and 1 other person
are you very protective over your 3DS (seeming as it's one expensive piece of hardware) or do you let others play it? (i.e family, friends) or do you prefer to keep it to yourself just in case something bad happens to it? xD

I must say I am. I wouldn't give it to my relatives (such as sis', bro's kids) because they would break it I bet. xD

So, I hide it away if anyone comes around (kids etc). Call me selfish! ;)

I'm in the same case as you, I'm overprotective when it comes to my 3DS, I love it way too much :love: !
That's why I'd rather not let my brother approach it (also, because he breaks everything), and I get sad when I discover a new scratch on the external shell.

Reactions: 532 and Mikaya
ya im with both of u i love it i only give it to my trusted friends but still im like hovering over them like:YOU BETTER NOT DROP IT OR I WILL KILL U:mad:
but sim with u guy

Reactions: Mikaya
I'm super overprotected with my 3DS. No one else is allowed to play it but me. I cry inside when I get a scratch on the outer shell >.< My parents and others think I'm selfish but they don't understand lol. I luv my 3DS like its my sister lol jk. Not even if I need help on a game would I let anyone use it, especially my sisters that always break everything >.< There is a super tiny blemish on my screen cause my sister threw something at it >< I was upset, but you can't even see it lol. It's not that bad

Reactions: Mikaya and D4rkDragon
I am very protective with my 3DS as well. My little sister keeps asking me if she can play but no she cannot because she absolutely killed her DS lite (Screen is scratched, sides are scratched, L- and R-button are dead, etc.) and I want to protect my 3DS from that fate. She did get a DSi from me (I got one plus 20 games for 20 Euro!)so she doesn't beg me let her use it so much any more. I once let my cousins play face raiders with it but I know that they are very careful so that's okay. (Not that I didn't stay to watch all the time.) I let my sister play face raiders once too but she taps the screen as if she's trying to smash the stylus all the way through it so the first time she touched my 3ds is probably the last time too.

It sort of depends. I have four cousins: a girl my age, a 9 year old boy, and two 6 year old little girls. Whenever they come over (they live REALLY far away so that's a rarity) I'll even let the littler girls play my 3DS and the Wii U. The two older kids both have DSis of their own, so they don't usually ask and also know what they're doing when they do. I always watch the little girls when they play it. They mainly just play the Mii Maker thing.

Also, I only let people play certain games. Animal Crossing is a no no, Pokémon usually is too. If it doesn't have mutliple save files I usually won't let them play it.

I'm very protective with my 3ds even though my big brother bullies me for it,i allow him,but I do not lend my 3ds to anyone that I don't trust plus I take care of my 3ds and try to hide it most of the times.

I used to not be because I brought it outside a lot when I played with my friends in order to get steps. That was a HUGE mistake! My 3DS probably fell out of my pockets; onto the asphalt well over 5 times. Thankfully that only left scratches, scuff marks, and tiny dents on my 3DS. Since then, I have been very protective over my 3DS; only using it indoors, letting the people whom I trust use it, and other stuff like that.

I am quite overprotective about my 3DS. I do not let anyone else who hasn't owned a 3DS use mine, and I also don't let anyone under 13 use it. I know that it is a complicated and expensive piece of hardware. My friend told me that he let his little brother use his 3DS, and he tapped the touchscreen so hard it doesn't work anymore.

I guess I'm a bit selfish when it comes to my 3ds, as I'd never let anyone use it, even best friends. I'm not the best when it comes to caring for it myself, however, as it seems to collect more and more scratches every day. :whistle:

I'm pretty careful with my console, and like @Neofang64 said, I'm pretty selfish with my console.
I have a few extra films for both my 3DS and my Gamepad, and when I clean them, I even use a swab for the corners of the screen and the buttons :p

I let my friends and family use my stuff, they know how to take care of other peoples things, so I am never nervous about letting other people use them at all.

This is exactly what happened to me. I went to Mexico for vacation and my brothers kept asking for my 3DS and it got
on my nerves so I let them. After 3 week it had broken. I had gotten so angry that day. Never making that mistake ever again.

I guess I am a little bit overprotective of my 3DS, especially since it is an XL. I don't really like people touching my personal belongings, since half of the time, the people that use my stuff end up breaking them. I just love the gaming device, because when I get bored, my 3DS is always there for me <3 (maybe...), and since I love it so much, I guess that I can be a little bit overprotective. I actually have a small scratch on the touch screen because my baby cousin accidentally dropped a clock on it. I'm grateful that the scratch isn't nowhere near visible, but still, it depresses me that on my new 3DS, there is already a scratch :/

You definitely are Mikaya!! hahah just kidding but I see your point, well now imagine that same piece of hardware with a bunch of horrible taxes on it to be purchased. Can you imagine? Anyway, I don't mind letting other people play with it for a little bit (just a bit hhhehehhehe). But I hate when a friend of mine comes to my house with his little son, you know those kind of kids who can't be sit for a while and starts touching everything, well that's the kind of son he has heheh. It is the kind of children who also have their hands dirty because of touching everything ooohhhhh and they touch and hit the touchscreen!! man, since that day, I hide my 3ds from them heheheh

I don't let people touch my 3DS XL because its circle pad is already damaged. I wouldn't care much otherwise but I really don't want people to break it (that could be a reason for me to get a New 3DS XL though).

I'm very overprotective of my 3DS. I don't think I've let anyone else play it in the last two years. The L and R buttons have had a tiny bit of their colour come off on the edge, it's not even noticeable really, but when I found it it saddened me so - that's proof I treasure my 3DS very much :D

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I'm not that overprotective. I once lent my 3DS to a close friend for a month so she could finish Fire Emblem: Awakening by herself. The handheld came back with new, hand-made pouch :3

On the other side, my 3DS has many scratch, especially in the back since I don't put any case. But everything else is fine - buttons, screens, etc.

I don't let people touch my 3DS XL because its circle pad is already damaged. I wouldn't care much otherwise but I really don't want people to break it (that could be a reason for me to get a New 3DS XL though).
here a link on how to replace the circle pad ntendo247.com/have-a-broken-circle-pad-this-guide-will-help-you-fix-it/
it looks easy

I guess I am a little bit overprotective of my 3DS, especially since it is an XL. I don't really like people touching my personal belongings, since half of the time, the people that use my stuff end up breaking them. I just love the gaming device, because when I get bored, my 3DS is always there for me <3 (maybe...), and since I love it so much, I guess that I can be a little bit overprotective. I actually have a small scratch on the touch screen because my baby cousin accidentally dropped a clock on it. I'm grateful that the scratch isn't nowhere near visible, but still, it depresses me that on my new 3DS, there is already a scratch :/
the bottom touch screen digitizer is only $14.95 on amazon and the screen on ebay is $31.99 im telling you this cause with time the scratch may get worse and there was one also for $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is better 3ds or 3ds xl

If well all the only thing the 3ds is better at is that its smaller and therefore easier to cram into places like pockets (i dont do that to mine though xD)

The 3ds XL's battery life is better and is overall less of a fingerprint/smudge magnet (Also big screen)

Back