• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reece

BRAVELY DEAFULT

2433367-ff.jpg

This game has gotten a lot of mixed, reviews, and reactions from the JRPG fan base, and I must say, I too was astonished by this game, there is a lot of mix reactions associated with this game to my experience.

I haven't finished the entire game, I am currently stuck at a point where I keep losing to this certain boss on the ending chapter, but I think it's fair that I can still do a review, just based on my experience.

When starting the game I was excited, to begin a new journey that would make me experience sweet memories of the previous Final Fantasy that everyone knows, and love. The game is basically about these four heroes of light and a cryst-fairy, travelling on a quest, with this special-gifted one called the 'vestal', to awaken the four crystals which are being submerged with darkness, it has a very similar concept to Final Fantasy III. You uncover the mystery of these four characters: Tiz Arrior, Edea Lee, Ringabel, and Agnès Oblige. These four characters are uniquely built, each having different personalities and special attributes that gives the story life.
bravely_default_characters1.jpg
This game has beautiful graphics and usually good frame-rates until you meet a mob of monsters, which will most often lower the frame-rate. My favorite thing this game is comprises of is the battle and job system, the battling is amazing, idiosyncratic, to other JRPG games, the Brave/Default battle modes are really unique, "The game uses a system of stocked points called "BP" which characters use to gain extra turns. Every character has their own set of BP. When using the "Default" command, a turn is skipped in order to stock a BP, and the "Brave" command uses that BP to move twice.", it's amazing. First time, in a JRPG I enjoy training my team, it's fun. You can also save your BP to use certain abilities. The jobs are also something amazing, in order to unlock a certain class, you could take on sub-quests to gain asterisk for the boss you defeated, job. It's really time consuming but quite fun.

I still have to type the story part and I will insert the spoiler attachment so don't worry, I think the story review will take time, I still have to write up on the BGM, 3D effects, which the next review reply to this thread will have, I just wanted to see how everyone like it so far, if you want me to continue. I'm sorry for any mistakes on this review, this is my first review I have ever written, so sorry for the mistakes, let me know what you think.

Reactions: Moon Rain, BrianXcalibur, 3dsatackman and 1 other person
I love your review so far :)
I am also going to buy this game. The demo just instantly convinced me to buy this game. I am also amazed by how nicely it integrates features from previous Final Fantasy games so seamlessly. I really like the music, the characters and everything. I would love to read the full review :)

Reactions: Reece
I love your review so far :)
I am also going to buy this game. The demo just instantly convinced me to buy this game. I am also amazed by how nicely it integrates features from previous Final Fantasy games so seamlessly. I really like the music, the characters and everything. I would love to read the full review :)
Thanks :), I'll make sure to post it up by tomorrow! I'll make a side review for the demo too, talking bout what it pinpointed in the full BD. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks :), I'll make sure to post it up by the tomorrow! I'll make a side review for the demo, talking bout what it pinpointed in the full BD too.
Nice. Just out of curiosity, about how many hours would it take to finish the game 100%? Including every single item and treaure chest including maxing out the jobs?

Nice. Just out of curiosity, about how many hours would it take to finish the game 100%? Including every single item and treaure chest including maxing out the jobs?
I would say 60 hours, probably more.

I would say 60 hours, probably more.
Whoa! That is a lot! Then I will pick this game up before Zelda ocarina of time 3D :D

I look forward to seeing the rest of your thoughts Reece.

I look forward to seeing the rest of your thoughts Reece.
Oh thanks, I have a lot of negative stuff about the game on this review, mostly about the story.

Well, as a spiritual successor to Final Fantasy, Bravely Default inherited the flaws, too. Especially the story part (later chapter). The 2nd flaw that usually falls into JRPG like BD is the chance to defeat a boss depends mostly on your character's level. Shin Megami Tensei series overcomes this grinding problem :D

Well, as a spiritual successor to Final Fantasy, Bravely Default inherited the flaws, too. Especially the story part (later chapter). The 2nd flaw that usually falls into JRPG like BD is the chance to defeat a boss depends mostly on your character's level. Shin Megami Tensei series overcomes this grinding problem :D
Shhhh! I have tons of stuff to say bout the story after Chap. 4, I don't wanna give them away, I don't think the character level base was a more like other Final Fantasy games, my characters are currently under level and I've been swerving through bosses, even the side-quest bosses too, with my job system- and abilities setup, I'm thinking if I should do a guide for the job system too, anyways thanks for the feedback, this game has equal pros and cons. I'm currently typing out the other review.

Shhhh! I have tons of stuff to say bout the story after Chap. 4, I don't wanna give them away, I don't think the character level base was a more like other Final Fantasy games, my characters are currently under level and I've been swerving through bosses, even the side-quest bosses too, with my job system- and abilities setup, I'm thinking if I should do a guide for the job system too, anyways thanks for the feedback, this game has equal pros and cons. I'm currently typing out the other review.
I know, it's harder and might take hour(s) if we're unprepared to defeat a boss. I have experienced that T.T
You can write some about job guide, because it's all interesting like FFT series jobs variety. Good luck! I'll be waiting for the complete review ;)

good review. :thumbsup: also i think you can ask marc to put in with the other review on the 3ds pedia not forum part. but its a good review. also how do think it compared to the demo?

Bravely Default (part 2)
Bravely.Default%3A.Flying.Fairy.full.1630877.jpg

I've been trying to do this review, to the best of my ability, and I really want to make everything perfect, as this is my first review, so sorry for the wait. This review will contain my thoughts on the story, BGM (background music). I tried my best to cover up the spoilers, so for those who haven't played the game, or don't want it to be spoiled, don't highlight this post, and I am sorry in advance, if anything I review has a spoiler.

Story
I have so many mixed feelings about this story, in some way it was convenient for the game, and in another way it was boring, and uninteresting. Let me start with Chapter 1-4, I think they did a fantastic job! Even though the real quest was to awaken the crystals, it felt like a totally different game, getting to know the characters, the villains of the game, they did a phenomenal job! Now, I think after Chapter 4 is where I lose my enjoyment in the game, it was way too repetitive, in my opinion, some features could have been added , like changing the dialect between players when doing 'general quests' would have made it disparate in some way. Or even adding extra scenes, would have made some sort of difference.

My reactions, experiencing Chapters 4-7.
Chapter 4: Wow, this is really amazing, on how the entire story flipped.
Chapter 5: This is really cool, but what's happening?
Chapter 6: Why, am I doing this again?
Chapter 7: This is getting boring, I hope this ends soon.​
It didn't feel like I was parallel worlds when completing the main quests between chapter 4-8, sure there some scenes that made you feel like you were in a different world, but I didn't experience that, sadly
But as I said before, it was convenient for the story line since the way it was portrayed,
parallel worlds. I don't want to give away to much, but even though the story after Chapter 4 was repetitive it still has an amazing story, overall.
maxresdefault.jpg
Background Music (BGM)
I am lost for words, at the BGM in Bravely Default, it's cabbalistic. It fits this game so well, 'Revo' the composer, couldn't do a better job. I can't say much of this game's BGM, other than it's a masterpiece, I never once turn my music off. Square Enix really did a good job too, appointing Revo to take on this heavy task.

I should say no more, please listen to this song track yourself!
I hope everyone enjoyed it, let me know what you think, and I'm so sorry, it was a bit rushed down, I didn't want you all to wait too long. I'm sorry for breaking this off in another part too! I'll have the overall review, 3D effects review, and will add a small job guide. Please let me know what you think, I hope this reached everyone's expectation. Feedback is appreciated too, I wanted everything to be kinda presentable since it's my first review. Thanks guys!

Reactions: 3dsatackman
good review. :thumbsup: also i think you can ask marc to put in with the other review on the 3ds pedia not forum part. but its a good review. also how do think it compared to the demo?
Woah, you made this post exactly when I was going to post the new one, I tried my best on part 2, and thanks for the feedback, oh yes! I will add the demo review in my third (last) review post! :)

Nice. It's good that your personality seemed to come through the review. Like sharing your specific thoughts on the chapter differences - the devils in the details, so good job! :)

Your right about the music track too - listening to the vid says it all!

Nice. It's good that your personality seemed to come through the review. Like sharing your specific thoughts on the chapter differences - the devils in the details, so good job! :)

Your right about the music track too - listening to the vid says it all!
Oh, really? Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! I feel so happy right now. :) That means a lot to me.

It does, I'm addicted to the soundtrack, I've been playing it non-stop.

Reactions: TAG
Anyway, @Reece, did you get true ending or a bad one? Since I knew there are two endings, but yes, as usual Final Fantasy plot, the latter (chapters) are often worse.

Anyway, @Reece, did you get true ending or a bad one? Since I knew there are two endings, but yes, as usual Final Fantasy plot, the latter (chapters) are often worse.
Sorry for the late response, and actually I'm stuck, where you have to defeat Airy for the first time. I didn't even know there were two endings. I agree, in some Final Fantasy the later chapters are really dull, but in other Final Fantasy games, such as 4,6 and 10 the story never grew dull, imo. I think it's really just the entire idea of the game' theme, you'd expect it to be bad in the later chapters.

That's okay. Final Fantasy IV and VI are my favorites (oh, that Tactics, too!). But it's true, Bravely Default's general theme is very good :)

nice detailed review :p i tried the demo but it didn't appeal , but i guess my head wasn't into it :p but after you said final fantasy i was like ?!?!:rage:I WANT !! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back